Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

'I don't want to do this' then compares it to Buddy/Tambling.
It's so ridiculous making these outlandish statements about first year players.

Hopefully Zane sees the quote, potentially a little extra motivation to get the most out of himself.

Nah McKercher is a superstar and will arguably be better than Reid. Duursma was a risk as selecting Watson would’ve been.
Reid pushes senior players to the ground and bangs goals from outside 50.. I don’t think Kerch will be better. I think Kerch will be a very good player and have a high class career. But i’d take Reid over Kerch. As for Watson vs Duursma. Not sure yet, Duursma is a special talent also.

View attachment 2109064
Is this campaigner for real?
Well he should take aim at who did it then....it's the responsibility of those on charge to fix the club, not curl up in the foetal position and bemoan 2016.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Well he should take aim at who did it then....it's the responsibility of those on charge to fix the club, not curl up in the foetal position and bemoan 2016.

He will tell anyone who will listen that Archer and Buckley destroyed the club.

He will tell anyone who will listen that Archer and Buckley destroyed the club.
So what would he like us to do? We can't wind the clock back.

Spit it out publicly, then shut the **** up.

He's right about Darling. We desperately need decent mature players and leaders. Darling is neither and an absolute embarrassment to the club if we sign him. He's a premiership player at West Coast and is loathed by their supporters.

Damien Barrett: "Shitcanning the 4 senior players at the end of 2016 was the worst thing that ever happened in the history of North Melbourne and whoever was responsible should be fired."

Also Damien Barrett: "Shitcanning Brad Scott in 2019 was the worst thing that ever happened in the history of North Melbourne and whoever was responsible should be fired."

* May not be a literal quote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's right about Darling. We desperately need decent mature players and leaders. Darling is neither and an absolute embarrassment to the club if we sign him. He's a premiership player at West Coast and is loathed by their supporters.

I don’t agree with Purples diatribe but he is exactly on the money re Darling, it’s a ****ing joke if we take that bloke and think it is even a short term fix,

Darling, as you say is neither, yep we do need a couple of mature players who can lead by example but shoving Darling into the team isn’t fixing anything.

Onto Purple, his rant about 2016 and the Boomer “squad” being done over with the aim to rebuild is what he is getting at, we (the club, because as a member and supporter I was so ****ing ropable I even wrote a letter and sent an email about how they were treated) were willing to toss aside a couple of players who could have still contributed and in some cases still playing better footy than half the team back then and yet here we are 8 years later wanting to take a piece of aged dead wood from another club to bolster “our up and coming young side”…

Give me a ****ing break, Parker yes he still has plenty to offer but Darling **** me drunk…!

"The youngest list in the competition shouldn't add experience because they delisted experience under different leadership 8 years ago (when they had the oldest list in the competition)"
Kinda makes sense, if you squint your eyes and ignore the nonsensicality of it

His point about Jack Darling the footballer may or may not be a valid one, it's the linking of list decisions under different regimes with vastly different list compositions in different recruiting environments 8 FRICKEN YEARS AGO I object to

His point about Jack Darling the footballer may or may not be a valid one, it's the linking of list decisions under different regimes with vastly different list compositions in different recruiting environments 8 FRICKEN YEARS AGO I object to
It’s a typically stupid point. If he had a reasonable point to make he should go back not so far and suggest older players we’ve let go WHO WOULD STILL BE PLAYING and who would be filling the gap we are now seeking to fill from other clubs.

Except that apart from Mason Wood - and extraordinarily, Corey Wagner - nobody we delisted is still contributing for any club. Unless he thinks we should have held onto Mackay at any price instead of taking pick 3, which would have been an act of such criminal stupidity and self-sabotage that would make everyone forget about the Harley Reid game.

"The youngest list in the competition shouldn't add experience because they delisted experience under different leadership 8 years ago (when they had the oldest list in the competition)"
Kinda makes sense, if you squint your eyes and ignore the nonsensicality of it
It will be far more productive to keep sooking about not keeping a 38yo Brent Harvey 8 years.

His point about Darling specifically is correct… however, he’s been advocating all year for NMFC to recruit Scott Pendlebury, who is… checks notes… 4 years older than Jack Darling.

IMG_1965.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree with approaching Darling and posted so several weeks ago.

But very sick of Damo’s other list-related takes and crapping on about decisions 8 years ago.

And nobody is calling Darling a solution, but if he performs above Pink and Teakle then why not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back