Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

There was no chance we weren't taking Horne. He basically would've had to admit to having killed a man for us to go off him. The club left him to room with CCJ in its worst year since the 60s, he behaved like a right little weasel from about R8 onwards, it was a match made in shitsville. Can we please leave it in the rear view mirror

Yep, this - its water under the bridge

I must've missed all the BF experts screaming "due diligence" while they were salivating over his SANFL finals in 2021. Sometimes, I'd guess, you have to roll the dice on any character concerns if you think they're the best player. The return we eventually got from his trade was worth more than the next layer on our board in 2021.

I dare say, if we'd taken Adelaide's pick trade offer and then offered up the excuse to supporters that we'd done our due diligence and didn't think JHF was a good cultural fit, supporters, including myself, would have stormed the castle. We were all in on JHF, all of us.

Sorry, but moronic is trying to blame the club for JHF's behaviour.

If he was a speculative pick in the 60's and went off the rails after one season, then you can accept that.

High risk, high reward....

But you expect Pick 1's to carry themselves differently. Pick 1's are supposed to be high character, super professional and future captains.

Not whinging undisciplined and unprofessional, who dont follow team rules.

That is on JHF himself, not the club.
A pick in the 60s would actually be low risk-high reward.

It is all well and good to say pick 1 should be this and that, but JHF never had those qualities. That is on us for drafting him.

It is all well and good to say pick 1 should be this and that, but JHF never had those qualities. That is on us for drafting him.
Have you seen him play? Who would you have drafted instead to guarantee a better overall outcome for us?

Have you seen him play? Who would you have drafted instead to guarantee a better overall outcome for us?
The point if we’re drafting someone like that, we need to put the proper guardrails around.

Just assuming he would act like Sheezel for example is really naive.

I disagree, there are basic professional standards he just did not meet. Possible we should have picked up on those traits in the interviews before hand, but there was no noise of that from anywhere before the draft. He just made a plan to dog us and he executed it

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back