Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL what a farce.

So basically Scotts can take up a role at a firm that sponsors the club that he works for and yet Ginni and The Wiz can’t sell merch made by an outside of AFL licensing of their own image because they sign it away when they join the AFL.

What a ****ing rort the AFL is.

Reeks of Judd to Visy shit all over again, coaching payments outside of the soft cap for coaching, development etc staff 🤣🔥🤪

They've been through horrific times
Horrific? Didn’t know running around being paid top dollar to chase a football is horrifying or playing dress ups in the bird cage at VRC constitutes a horrifying experience.

I should have said their leadership has been disgraceful. I cant ****ing stand looking at them, listening to them. They are faux weak leaders.

The first time I questioned their shit house leadership was North V Carltank round 7 2022. The teet suckler getting stuck into Silvagni, it was Jason vs Carlton, not one of those piss weak campaigners went in to bat for him. But Jy is happy to throw piss ant bread basket jabs into his opponents but when the heat is on he is not to be seen.

It doesn’t matter if you like the bloke or not, when you wear that jumper on the field, you get in and you get dirty. As leaders you protect (at the best of your ability) every single player in that jumper. These two people have been absent and have been a disgrace to former North Melbourne leaders before them.

Still cant believe they didn’t even walk over to help CCJ or see if he was at least ok.

They are the self preservation captains. No good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And it's the club's fault?

The clubs hands are dirty with what went wrong. We are not blameless here.

I mean we cut three people from the recruiting department because of it.

The further we are away from what happened the more I believe we were completely played by Port, and Jason was used as a pawn to be moved around with.

But make no mistake, we mismanged Jason so badly that we did not even make it hard for Port or Fabian to pull the strings.

We set him up with long term North player when he first got here in CCJ (who he himself had just arrived at the club)
Then we had him have Tarryn Thomas as a guide?

In all honesty we should have had him living with Jack Ziebell as soon as he walked in the door. The highest draft pick that we have ever taken and we entrust a guy who had never pulled on our jumper to kick off living with him?

It's certainly not all the clubs fault but there is a chasm between doing it well and what we did.

What you're describing here is a "50% off" sale.

Here is some of the membership math for me. A membership allows me to attend games of footy.

In the 5 seasons 2020-2024 we have won 6 games in Melbourne in front of crowds.

I pay for 4 memberships 2 which go regularly, 2 which do not.

5 seasons x 4 memberships = 20 memberships.

At this rate I am currently paying 3.33 memberships per win attended.

I am positive that there are people who would be paying more than this.

it is dreadful.

The further we are away from what happened the more I believe we were completely played by Port, and Jason was used as a pawn to be moved around with.

But make no mistake, we mismanged Jason so badly that we did not even make it hard for Port or Fabian to pull the strings.

We set him up with long term North player when he first got here in CCJ (who he himself had just arrived at the club)

In all honesty we should have had him living with Jack Ziebell as soon as he walked in the door. The highest draft pick that we have ever taken and we entrust a guy who had never pulled on our jumper to kick off living with him?

It's certainly not all the clubs fault but there is a chasm between doing it well and what we did.

There is no doubt the club made mistakes but arguing what the club should have done instead without knowing what we tried to do or what pushback occurred with every option we put on the table is about as valid as saying we should swap pick 2 for pick 6, 10, 11, and 18. Sometimes the other side doesn't like what we're selling.

We wanted him in with a family, apparently team Fabian wanted no part of it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

100%.

We wanted him in with a family, apparently team Fabian wanted no part of it.

And that remains the weirdest demand from the family of an 18 year old interstate recruit. They had to know that their boy had no life skills to cook and clean and look after himself and live on his own. Yet they insisted upon it.

Horrific? Didn’t know running around being paid top dollar to chase a football is horrifying or playing dress ups in the bird cage at VRC constitutes a horrifying experience.

I should have said their leadership has been disgraceful. I cant ****ing stand looking at them, listening to them. They are faux weak leaders.

The first time I questioned their shit house leadership was North V Carltank round 7 2022. The teet suckler getting stuck into Silvagni, it was Jason vs Carlton, not one of those piss weak campaigners went in to bat for him. But Jy is happy to throw piss ant bread basket jabs into his opponents but when the heat is on he is not to be seen.

It doesn’t matter if you like the bloke or not, when you wear that jumper on the field, you get in and you get dirty. As leaders you protect (at the best of your ability) every single player in that jumper. These two people have been absent and have been a disgrace to former North Melbourne leaders before them.

Still cant believe they didn’t even walk over to help CCJ or see if he was at least ok.

They are the self preservation captains. No good.
I was at the game and Luke McDonald did go over and check if he was ok...

And that remains the weirdest demand from the family of an 18 year old interstate recruit. They had to know that their boy had no life skills to cook and clean and look after himself and live on his own. Yet they insisted upon it.
The whole thing was weird. It's almost like his team didn't want him to get comfortable in Melbourne. Do your 2 years and come home.

Then the Hawthorn saga reared It's head, enabling them an easy out.

CCJ was a young bloke (like him), South Australian (like him) and at a new club (like him).

Maybe the thinking was let's put these two together because they have a lot in common and can work hard together to prove themselves.

Anyway, its all in the past now and we dont know the full story...

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back