Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

But in all seriouslyness, the author did not have the courage to put his or her name to the article. Coward.
I actually think it's both.

Pissweak "writer" threw "write me an article about North Melbourne merging with West Coast" into the magic mixer.

That said, it was an emotional time at Dallas Brooks Hall in 2013 when we had to vote on whether to merge with the Gold Coast Suns.

The clubs hands are dirty with what went wrong. We are not blameless here.

I mean we cut three people from the recruiting department because of it.

The further we are away from what happened the more I believe we were completely played by Port, and Jason was used as a pawn to be moved around with.

But make no mistake, we mismanged Jason so badly that we did not even make it hard for Port or Fabian to pull the strings.

We set him up with long term North player when he first got here in CCJ (who he himself had just arrived at the club)
Then we had him have Tarryn Thomas as a guide?

In all honesty we should have had him living with Jack Ziebell as soon as he walked in the door. The highest draft pick that we have ever taken and we entrust a guy who had never pulled on our jumper to kick off living with him?

It's certainly not all the clubs fault but there is a chasm between doing it well and what we did.
💯 should have had JHF living a NM person/family. Would have loved JHF to have been living with the Archers..
I would have had bunk beds for him and Jacko… and they could’ve chatted about how they are going to make North great again every night before they nodded off

💯 should have had JHF living a NM person/family. Would have loved JHF to have been living with the Archers..
I would have had bunk beds for him and Jacko… and they could’ve chatted about how they are going to make North great again every night before they nodded off
The fact that the family didn’t want this shows that they wanted to maintain control of him and ensure he ended up at Port.

step brothers bedroom GIF

I actually think it's both.

Pissweak "writer" threw "write me an article about North Melbourne merging with West Coast" into the magic mixer.

That said, it was an emotional time at Dallas Brooks Hall in 2013 when we had to vote on whether to merge with the Gold Coast Suns.

I for one, was certain that the merged club would be known as the Sungaroos within 2 years.

I for one, was certain that the merged club would be known as the Sungaroos within 2 years.
Deep down we all knew even that was just a first step.

The Sungsroos would then be merged with the Broadbeach Leagues club, which would then be absorbed into the Cavill Avenue RSL.

Which would eventually end up relocated as the Pacific Fair Family Tattoo Parlour.

We'd have lost most of our identity although we'd have a membership over 100k, mostly relocated bikies, bogans and hippies enjoying our "50% off tribal motifs" monthly specials.

A couple of us had a chance to speak with him just a month or so into that season and we asked him whether he was tapping Ben Cunnington for any advice and he said nup, not really, he just talks to his dad (presumably Fabian). Not only did he have no respect for David Noble, he'd already decided that there was nothing for him to learn from anyone at the club.
I still remember the sour look on H-F's face when it was announced to the team that Cunners was playing his first game back after the cancer treatment. All the players were ecstatic, cheering and mobbing Cunners, except for that little so-and-so who just sat there with the dirtiest look on his face. It was clear to see on the video that North released. I don't care how good a player he is, I'm so glad he is no longer at our club. :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back