Roast Commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

**** a duck, are they trying to squeeze all the crap in by season's end?

First Duffield gives Morabito a D rating for the year in The West Australian (he hasn't played all year you ****ing moron), then Langdon comes out in The Sunday Times and says we should dump Roger because he keeps breaking down (he had a foot injury, then a few weeks after his comeback game, broke his leg in a courageous play at the ball, you ********).

Langdon follows up in an interview on 6PR with Harvey and asks if Solomon is still on our list (are you actually getting paid for being an idiot Karl? Just like old times at west coast huh?). Then in the same interview when asked about Hasleby's suggestion about picking up Fevola, Harvey says "Interesting choice, isn't it?" this is interpreted as Harvey is interested in Fevola and the headline Fev on Fremantle's Radar zips around the country. **** me drunk they are all tools.

Tip for the uninitiated. Don't work all day in the garden, then come in and down a cold glass of anything that has an alcoholic content over 15% .

Langdon follows up in an interview on 6PR with Harvey and asks if Solomon is still on our list (are you actually getting paid for being an idiot Karl? Just like old times at west coast huh?). Then in the same interview when asked about Hasleby's suggestion about picking up Fevola, Harvey says "Interesting choice, isn't it?" this is interpreted as Harvey is interested in Fevola and the headline Fev on Fremantle's Radar zips around the country. **** me drunk they are all tools.

That interview is right up there with the best Channel Eagle has to offer - even Basil Schnozz struggles to ask so many dud questions. The way it has morphed and gone viral is excellent too - just another example of Harves adopting his old mentor Sheed's approach of fooling with the media's minds.

I can't wait for the interview (and I'm sure it is coming) where, in response to some question about Pav or Hill having a bad game, Harvs deploys the classic tactic of "Ooh look, look up there - it's a pig up in the trees!! No, no you just missed it - look again, quick!! It's a pig and your missus..."

Tip for the uninitiated. Don't work all day in the garden, then come in and down a cold glass of anything that has an alcoholic content over 15% .

Haven't you been told not to add ice to your slivovitz and sherry homebrew?? :D

Haven't you been told not to add ice to your slivovitz and sherry homebrew?? :D

Ice is for girls.

On the third glass now and my ears are warm.

Is that a good sign?

Ice is for girls.

On the third glass now and my ears are warm.

Is that a good sign?

Yes, unless your ears are on fire, in which case you need to either call the fire brigade or stop listening to SixPeeArgh and Karl baby.

Yeah I saw that. Typical West

How is Docker Shocker anything to do with it?

He's an ex player ffs and he was a good player - no association with the club any more so there was no real reason for it, could've just as easily been "Haze chats" or anything else...

and all this was on the front page

The front page of Monday's paper was a corker too.

Top left: EAGLES PATH TO GLORY
Top right: DOCKER SHOCKER ....

Yeah I saw that. Typical West

How is Docker Shocker anything to do with it?

well duh... Docker and Shocker rhyme!! Duh!!

Just like West Coast and No Coke Toast rhyme.

Or West Coast and Scott Cummings Eats too Much Beef Roast rhymes.

Or West Coast and Chris Masten is the Most rhymes.

Or West Coast and Basil Zempilas is a Schnoz with the Most rhymes.

Or just like {enter your own quotes}

Don't know if anyone heard this one today...Was on WIN (quality broadcasting at it's best.)

Shane Warne's boy (Jackson I think his name was) was a mascot for the Dockers today...ran out in the full kit..One commentator said "Wonder how a St. Kilda man can have a son who is a Freo fan?" (Happens everywhere mate..turns out hes a big fan of Pavlich)

The reply from Luke Darcy was the one that made me want to reach in to the tv and smack him... he said "That boys in for year's of pain!"

When was the last time your precious Bulldogs won a flag you horsefaced lanky oxygen thief?

Don't know if anyone heard this one today...Was on WIN (quality broadcasting at it's best.)

Shane Warne's boy (Jackson I think his name was) was a mascot for the Dockers today...ran out in the full kit..One commentator said "Wonder how a St. Kilda man can have a son who is a Freo fan?" (Happens everywhere mate..turns out hes a big fan of Pavlich)

The reply from Luke Darcy was the one that made me want to reach in to the tv and smack him... he said "That boys in for year's of pain!"

When was the last time your precious Bulldogs won a flag you horsefaced lanky oxygen thief?

Yeah that was bullshit. Quartermaine was quick to shut him down because he knows that you can't say that over the air. What a tool. On the other note that's cool that Warnies son is a Docker.

It was actually worse than that PGR, I just listened to it again.

Quartermaine - "What is young Jackson Warne doing supporting Fremantle when his dad's a St Kilda man?"

Darcy -"I am staggered with ah Warnie I can't believe he would allow that. But Jackson, a lifetime of pain coming your way."

Stephen Quartermain - "Oooh you can't say that!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone tell me how to pronounce Muzungu?

Fair dinkum, the radio commentators have a lot to answer for in this regard as I heard 3 different pronounciations of the name?

And as for calling Sibosado, Basil

FFS, no need for the bullshit nicknames, just ****ing call the game and cut out the ****ing crap

Yes I'm looking at you MMM Melbourne

****ing listening to your coverage today was the worst thing I've ever had to listen to

Steve Butler you knob.

Can you explain why in the 'match report' about Freo's game on Saturday against the Bulldogs in today's liftout of The Worst did you decide to to mention the Eagles.

You say in your 'match report" that it is unbearable for Fremantle supporters that we have lost 7 games while etc etc etc lick boots.

Mate.
You want to do a match report....do it.

You want to comment on Fremantle's culture. Write another column.

Stop consuming it.

Agreed. My angst towards the footy media has decreased significantly since I stopped reading The West.

There's far better footy info available on the net anyway (and far more real news available in other papers).

Just learn to laugh at things and you won't get angry. If you're constantly focusing and waiting for people to say or write anti-Freo things then you'll find a way to spot them. Shit like this doesn't even bother me anymore.

I struggle to see how you can actually disagree with Darcy. The guy is a complete tool, but 16 years in and it has been pretty much nothing but pain. Anyway, the logical alternative for Warne Jr ... St Kilda ... possibly offers just as much pain.

I seem to recall a commentary option on Foxtel (or it could have been Sky Sports in the UK) where two mates who supported opposite teams did the commentary and took the mickey out of each others team for the whole game...that could work as a red button option. Alternatively...get to choose a biased commentator for your team.....at least that way we would never get Jakovich.

Couldn't believe it...Was watching the Australia v South Africa game today on Foxtel ...and what did they have..? A red button option so you could listen to which commentators you wanted to. Australian or South African...Genius. Wish I had come up with that!

Now all we need is that option during games where we can select which commentators we want to hear. Shouldn't be too hard ...

Mmm..
Option 1. BT, JAKO and DUNSTALL?
Option 2. BT, JAKO?
Option 3. BT and DUNSTALL?
Option 4. JAKO and DUNSTALL
Option 5. Kelli Underwood..:)eek:)
Option 6. Just Crowd noise...

Wonder which option would be most popular?

i dont mind Dunstall as a commentator

Well, that's kind of my point...we should be able to select which commentators, if any, we hear.

Tony Shaw, Jako, plus a few others annoy me greatly. Imagine if you could turn off their efforts. Would be a good indicator to the Foxtel bods who was considered poor by the listening public!

My Dream Team commentators would be :
Brian "Clanceeeeee Pearce" Taylor.
Drew Morphett

Boundary riders: Big "im excited" Kev
Daryl Eastlake

Brian Taylor: BT's a twat, but he's got a serious mancrush on Frodo and Barlow, so he's a pass.
Gerard Whateley: I used to really like Den Cometti, but he's beginning to shit me. For my Commentary DT, I'm trading him out for Gerard.
Boundary Riders: Barney Stinson and a Lighthorseman mounted on a Waler in full 1917 era kit, applying 'Rule 303' to Saint Kilda fans at random from the gallop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Back