Discussion COMPLETED eBay Auctions of AFL Guernseys - NO LIVE AUCTIONS

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is it that some clubs have PI after PI after PI on ebay and some clubs never have anything?

If I was a GWS, Geelong or St Kilda fan there would be PIs for me to bid on every second week.

As a Port fan there is occasionally something like a 2005 clash signed by Ben Eckermann and that's about it.

Why is it that some clubs have PI after PI after PI on ebay and some clubs never have anything?

If I was a GWS, Geelong or St Kilda fan there would be PIs for me to bid on every second week.

As a Port fan there is occasionally something like a 2005 clash signed by Ben Eckermann and that's about it.
Geelong has sold about 100 PIs from various years on AFL Auctions in the past couple of weeks alone.

Just one, ever, would be excellent. The only ones I ever see are signed, matchworn guernseys from almost a decade ago. I want a 2012 Paul Stewart PI goddammit.

Actually maybe it's an ISC thing because a lot of the guernseys that are up there are from the ISC clubs. That bodes well for us going into next season.

Actually maybe it's an ISC thing because a lot of the guernseys that are up there are from the ISC clubs. That bodes well for us going into next season.
Just had the exact same thought, seeing as they'd be the ones actually producing the PI's. Hopefully they sell a whole heap of long-sleeve ones.

Port are terrible when it comes to Auctions, i check the site a heap and you rarely see them list an item. A couple of milestone match worns early in 2012.

I'm very glad im not a Port supporter, for many reasons :p But i have seen some nice jumpers around, so it is not a lost cause. A couple of Grand Final jumpers across time, heritages and the occasional player issues.

Port supporters should contact the club via email, express interest/recommendations that you'd like to see some more auctions etc

Could build a collection surrounding these two:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280963815281?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271083635254?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i know its very hard to determine a price on guernseys, most are just up to the buyer and seller but it would be good if someone could help with a rough estimate of jumpers.

Eg.
Player Issued/Gameworn Jumpers:
Club Champion/Superstar Jumpers:
Team Signed Jumpers roughly:
Premiership Jumpers:
Heritage Jumpers:
Framed Add-on to Price:

just got into & starting to collect jumpers. :D thanks JazzA

i know its very hard to determine a price on guernseys, most are just up to the buyer and seller but it would be good if someone could help with a rough estimate of jumpers
Player Issued/Gameworn Jumpers: $80-$250
Club Champion/Superstar Jumpers: $150-$450
Team Signed Jumpers roughly: $150-$300
Premiership Jumpers: Matchworn: $500-$1500 Retail: $80-$150
Heritage Jumpers: Retail: $100-$200 Matchworn: $200-$400
Framed Add-on to Price: Frame only: $100-$200 Frame & Plaque: $175-$250

That's awesome, the Darlington Investment Services sponsor makes it all the better. I reckon you got your hands on a bargain simply because the item was located in London.

Mero would love this.

Nice work mate. I think there is a story behind this jumper. I think it was sold in melbourne about 2-3 months ago. It sold for $80. How it made its way to london is beyond me but. Only thing is the vfl patch is smaller. Would be tough finding a fullsize vfl patch If you go to the footy jumper page & scroll 5-10 pages back i posted a team picture of fitzroy wearing this jumper

Geelong has sold about 100 PIs from various years on AFL Auctions in the past couple of weeks alone.

North and Richmond are other teams that I've noticed who drop a 100+ guernsey tsunami on AFL auctions every now and again. Good from our perspective, but crazy from the club's perspective, if you ask me. I picked up a GWS Dom Tyson guernsey recently with the only bid, because everyone obviously wants the Scully/Greene/Ward/Folau/Cameron/Patton/Coniglio options instead and they had the home/away/clash guernseys for each player to choose from. If they just did a ten guernsey drip feed every week, they'd probably double their money.

From a frustrated Geelong supporter perspective though, I'm still yet to see our PIs of our current clash on AFL Auctions. Seems strange, because they would have to have a 2011 set and a 2012 set (with the gold AFL logo).

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion COMPLETED eBay Auctions of AFL Guernseys - NO LIVE AUCTIONS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back