Confirmed Trade: Adelaide get Luke Brown and Brad Crouch

Remove this Banner Ad

I am no expert on the talent pool in this years draft but what I have read, it is fairly shallow so why are GWS putting all their eggs in the one basket?

I am no expert on the talent pool in this years draft but what I have read, it is fairly shallow so why are GWS putting all their eggs in the one basket?

I reckon they'll divest themselves of a couple this week.

I wonder if some teams would rather an 18 year old that can contribute now?

Interview with Adelaide Crows list manager David Noble on deal with GWS

[YOUTUBE]GitAybhqCWI[/YOUTUBE]

Surely GWS will have a crack at some big players with all their picks

I think they are going to have a massive crack at Goddard.

Crows win in this trade, although everyone wins when trading with GWS. But credit for teams doing it, easy to see that they are willing to be generous in trade especially with all these picks now.

If i was Stkilda i would throw Goddard away for pick 2 + 9 or something along those lines.

I think they are going to have a massive crack at Goddard.

Crows win in this trade, although everyone wins when trading with GWS. But credit for teams doing it, easy to see that they are willing to be generous in trade especially with all these picks now.

If i was Stkilda i would throw Goddard away for pick 2 + 9 or something along those lines.

Funnily enough 2 and 9 i would accept, but say they offer 3 and 7 i wouldnt pounce, this is due to the fact that there are only 2 standout candidates for this years draft

Brad Crouch looks like an absolute ripper congrats

Shallow just means there isn't much beyond the top-end talent, not that the top-end is weaker than other years.

The top 10 in most drafts of recent times looks roughly as good as the top 10 from any other draft. It's what happens from the second round forward that determines how shallow a draft is.

One thing is for certain - very few other clubs are going to be significantly improving their list this draft day :eek:

Shallow just means there isn't much beyond the top-end talent, not that the top-end is weaker than other years.

The top 10 in most drafts of recent times looks roughly as good as the top 10 from any other draft. It's what happens from the second round forward that determines how shallow a draft is.

One thing is for certain - very few other clubs are going to be significantly improving their list this draft day :eek:

this is pretty much it to a tee... which is why i'm surprised that this trade period has been so quiet

Still chuckling that after Rendell being quoted ad-infinutum that GWS wanted too much in the Mini-Draft - And that AFC won't be participating in the bidding process - Lo and Behold AFC end up with Crouch !

Still chuckling that after Rendell being quoted ad-infinutum that GWS wanted too much in the Mini-Draft - And that AFC won't be participating in the bidding process - Lo and Behold AFC end up with Crouch !
Pity that Noble is our list manager then.

Ha, could give you pages of Rendell beauties. Sometimes he tells too much and it's true, sometimes he just BS's for fun or to throw up a smoke cloud. We also didn't nominate any players for the MD....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much everything Rendell says makes us chuckle - the bloke's an absolute ripper :D

You have to love his passion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Trade: Adelaide get Luke Brown and Brad Crouch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back