Congratulations Gary Ablett 2009 Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Congrats to Jnr!! A worthy winner :thumbsu:

Very happy to see him win it and love watching him play.

Can't quite believe the amount of crap he cops for showing some emotion:confused: Christ, I'm amazed at what he has achieve at a club where his old man was such a legend. The expectations / baggage that he has had to live with. And Gazza just completely outdid his old man:thumbsu:

By the way, Mr Cooney. I love your work:D

Congrats to Gary, definately a deserved award. Has easily been the most consistantly elite player over the last three years. Was only a matter of time.

Well Done Gary, thouroughly deserved.
I think he had a better year than even last year and due to the nature of the votes system (most best on grounds) his missed games were never going to stop him. Had a little on him at $3 :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's funny that in the years he is expected to win - but other team mates took key votes from games he was "predicted" to do well in. Shoot me down, but i didn't think he has AS big of a year as the previous two years.

Makes me question the voting, while i know he himself didn't change the votes with that old chestnut (the whiteout trick as exposed from that lower suburban league a few months back) - makes me wonder if the umpires showed up on the day and gave Ablett 3 votes before the ball was bounced :p.

Well done Gazza, should have won it earlier but finally you got the medal you deserved...........and it probably won't be your last either

Well done champ they had to give you one.

not they didnt. you dont give someone a brownlow just cause they've had a few great seasons.

but then again, the AA selectors reckon you gotta have a few good seasons before being picked for the team...

A lot of people bag the umpires for their Brownlow Medal voting, but those people have fallen silent for another year. More often than not, the umpires get it right. In my opinion, Adam Cooney was the most consistently dynamic footballer in 2008 and Ablett was the same in 2009.

There was a lot of hype for Nick Riewoldt this year, but as good as his perfomances were, he was the spearhead of a totally dominant football team. I think he was overrated by many of the critics, probably the same critics who bagged him in previous years when St Kilda struggled. There is no way that Riewoldt was better in 2009 than Franklin was in 2008. But if you listen to some people, St Nick was robbed of the MVP and Brownlow. :rolleyes:

Ablett is the best, a most deserved winner and two years overdue.
He probably should've won in 2007, instead of Bartel.

Prediction: Selwood to win a Brownlow in the next three seasons and Geelong's midfield to rival Brisbane's Voss, Black and Akermanis

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations Gary Ablett 2009 Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back