Congratulations Ryan Schoenmakers 50 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent job Cobbler. Was originally recruited i think to fill the position that Gunston is now playing. Then the Croad injury followed by others such as Gilham and Stratts meant we had to move into an un-natural position for him in the backline. Has made good improvement in his time and his body developing each year along with his confidence and general play. Can't ask much more for a 21y/o KPD, who was recruited and played all his junior footy as a forward.
Was never a basher and always a supporter, don't know why but never had the hate goggles on for him, even after the Pies game i lay more blame on those set shot misses from 25 - 35 out on slight angles more than a drop mark that actually led to the stoppage. At the stoppage Lewis, Hawks BOG, let his man get away to kick the goal to go in front. So many more people to point the finger at than him.
So many maligners but he has been able to brush this off and continue to improve. I thought what happened with Zac Dawson was going to be the same sceario with him but credit to Schoey he has gone on to improve. Schoey has been able to rise up above all the bullshit whilst i think Dawson never really got over it.
From day 1 said he would be a 200 gamer for the Hawks.

I noticed the dogs defenders didnt pay him much respect - after a mark rag dolling him - should have been a 50.

Respect will come Onya Drago !!

No doubt the Dogs had identified him pre-game as someone to physically intimidate to try and get him second guessing himself.

I want to see him back in defence and tested against the top forwards in preparation for the finals. Not sure he is creative enough up forward just yet.

Congratulations to the boy for getting to fifty games so early. One of my Adelaide supporting friends who knows the Schoenmakers family told me about him after we'd drafted him and I was pleasantly surprised with how chuffed he was at the idea of coming to Hawthorn.

Very happy for him to continue being a Hawk for a long long time to come, I'll wear his name and number with pride!

Excellent job Cobbler. Was originally recruited i think to fill the position that Gunston is now playing. Then the Croad injury followed by others such as Gilham and Stratts meant we had to move into an un-natural position for him in the backline. Has made good improvement in his time and his body developing each year along with his confidence and general play. Can't ask much more for a 21y/o KPD, who was recruited and played all his junior footy as a forward.
Was never a basher and always a supporter, don't know why but never had the hate goggles on for him, even after the Pies game i lay more blame on those set shot misses from 25 - 35 out on slight angles more than a drop mark that actually led to the stoppage. At the stoppage Lewis, Hawks BOG, let his man get away to kick the goal to go in front. So many more people to point the finger at than him.
So many maligners but he has been able to brush this off and continue to improve. I thought what happened with Zac Dawson was going to be the same sceario with him but credit to Schoey he has gone on to improve. Schoey has been able to rise up above all the bullshit whilst i think Dawson never really got over it.
From day 1 said he would be a 200 gamer for the Hawks.

Moments before the dropped mark, Shoe set up Franklin for that miracle goal. the ledger is even

For mine our problem was after that we didnt ice the came with 3 1/2 to go.
After Ball's goal the pies had no problem icing it with 2 1/2 to go

I noticed the dogs defenders didnt pay him much respect - after a mark rag dolling him - should have been a 50.

Respect will come Onya Drago !!

T'was Marko who'd have 30 less games than Shoey I'd imagine.

Kid is coming along nicely - congrats, can't wait for the next fifty.

IMHO a big improver over the course of the season and now indispensable down back. With his apparent flexibility to move forward a handy player for us and as he matures I suspect he will become even more central to our structure.

Well done Schoey, developing beautifully.

Bob Murphy also tried some physical intimidation after a Schoey mark. Good to see the big Rough come along & usher Murphy out of the area. And loved Poppy coming in as backup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations Ryan Schoenmakers 50 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back