Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Bodie Ryan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bodie Ryan (16 disposals, six marks)

“Bodie really set himself to defend his opponent and defend the ground really well this week and he definitely did that. It was probably his best defensive game and he had to play on some quality players in Jaidyn Stephenson and Sam Lowson. Bodie was able to compete really hard in that area and then ultimately be involved in offence as well. It was a really nice, solid game from Bodie. He defended the ground really well and it was a great step forward for him in that area.”

I think Ryan was a good pick up last year. Feel confident he will be part of the future.

See a quality in Bodie that Hodge had and that was being able to influence a contest with good positioning without necessarily winning the ball.

Would like him to get more of the ball so hope this starts to come later in the year. He’s tough.

How did Bodie Ryan play on the weekend? I haven't had much time this year thus far to watch Box Hill play, so I am wondering how he's progressing. I was impressed by him during the U18 National Championships for South Australia, particularly when he locked down Harley Reid. He was an intriguing selection when we took him last year. Has shades of James Sicily and could be his long-term replacement. It seems he could be a better creator of plays than Sis as well. He seems as if he is a hard worker, both on and off the field, and someone who is truly invested in the club and loves it. A decent overview of his performance would be appreciated.

Bodie Ryan (Eight disposals, two marks, two tackles)

“It was a quieter day for Bodie. We actually moved him to the front end in the second half. It was great for his development and he had to play taller at times in the backend but when he moved forward, he gave great contests. His mentality to adjust and adapt to that was first-rate. There were no ifs, buts or maybes, he just got in and got his work done so I’m really proud of Bodie and what he was able to provide.”

Interesting to see that Bodie was moved onto the wing. Wonder where he eventually plays as he is a beautiful kick, good overhead, has a good crack into contests and from memory in the draft combine was top 10 in agility.​

Bodie Ryan (19 disposals, seven marks, two tackles)

“Bodes had a solid day. He started as a defender and then got up on the wing which is great for his development and education. He ran some really nice patterns on the wing and got involved. I was really impressed with what Bodie was able to do and provide, both offensively and defensively as a winger.”

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really liked his draft highlights.

Sam Mitchell spoke w delight and surprise early in the season at how good he is… seemed to be way beyond his expectations.

Sounds like he’s got some good footy smarts and ability so a matter of development time and opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back