Congratulations to Rising Star nominee Claye Beams!

Remove this Banner Ad

Disgraceful actions by a club. Id be ashamed to be associated with a club having a big cry over such a thing. I'm glad for once they looked outside of Victoria and looked at more than just players with fancy stats.

The comment "We assume Beams' game was a beauty" pretty much summed up the thought process and research that went into the complaint for me!

Fact is that Smith played only 3/4's and his inability to run out the game probably cost him the nomination.

4 goals is great but Beams had far more total possessions double his contested possies, more tackles, rebound 50's and inside 50's. And he shut down the other team's best mid too. Surely that should count for something?

Anyway while I am happy that Beams got the nod in a way I wish they would've just given it to Smith to shut the whinging bitches up as I strongly believe they Beamsy would have had his name read out in the next few weeks anyway.

Quite often they seem to wait with 1 year players until they string a few good performances together before giving them the nod....

If he continues this way, will only be a matter of a few weeks at most before Smith gets nominated....

The crying down here over Smith is ridiculous. I find it amusing that there is so much sobing in the streets over a rising star nomination. Are the doggies that desperate for some recognition that they are prepared to tarnish a young player's recognitions for a great game. Shameful actions.

If every time the Dogs complain about one of our rising star nominations, that player goes on to become as good as Jack Redden, then I say let them complain.

I just wish they'd kicked up more of a fuss over Bradd Dalziell or Matt Moody.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to Rising Star nominee Claye Beams!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back