Connolly is Insane!

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell

Tis a shame isn't it?? No, not really.

For all the talk you guys do on here, you are yet to see a finals series. You recruit this, recruit that, yet still sit in the bottom half of the ladder without looking like it.

Crying shame that....

Why the bitternes to Freo? Because we are actually getting our act together? Still bitter over Farmer?

We'll be ok. Things are going a long nicely.

Originally posted by funky_monk

Why the bitternes to Freo? Because we are actually getting our act together? Still bitter over Farmer?

We'll be ok. Things are going a long nicely.

I don't have any real bitterness, it's getting old watching you guys drivel on about how great you are, yet you can't even perform on the field. Makes me wonder if we are both watching the same Freo.

Act together? Made a final yet? No.

And no bitterness with Farmer. When you play here next year, I doubt he will be booed....but hey, tis a shame you guys STILL boo Jeff White. You guys can't even start to talk about bitterness. White was over 4 years ago. Time to move right along....

I don't have any real bitterness, it's getting old watching you guys drivel on about how great you are, yet you can't even perform on the field. Makes me wonder if we are both watching the same Freo.

And no bitterness with Farmer. When you play here next year, I doubt he will be booed....but hey, tis a shame you guys STILL boo Jeff White. You guys can't even start to talk about bitterness. White was over 4 years ago. Time to move right along....

If you can't see that Freo is finally sorting itself out and will again be a big improver this year then it is you who have the problems. All of our best players are 23 and below (except for Bell, Parker and Farmer) and thus will get better. Freo will improve next year!!

Jeff White? I couldn't give a flying fig. Troy Simmonds! Now theres a ruckman with a bit of heart and strength!

If you can't see that Freo is finally sorting itself out and will again be a big improver this year then it is you who have the problems. All of our best players are 23 and below (except for Bell, Parker and Farmer) and thus will get better. Freo will improve next year!!

Jeff White? I couldn't give a flying fig. Troy Simmonds! Now theres a ruckman with a bit of heart and strength!

You guys have said you will improve year after year after year, and yet, we haven't seen anything improve since they arrived in the competition.

And is that why everytime we play you guys in Freo, Jeff White is booed out of the stadium? I'm sure you don't care, but I find it amusing that so many of you still do. White wanted to go home, so did Farmer. We just got over it MUCH quicker than you guys did.

You guys have said you will improve year after year after year, and yet, we haven't seen anything improve since they arrived in the competition.

Exactly, what makes 2003 different from any of the other years when you were 'going to play finals'?

Last year you picked up croad and you thought you were going to do well cause you had him. Didnt happen.
You picked up Farmer and thought you were set. You were wrong

Originally posted by carlyp

Exactly, what makes 2003 different from any of the other years when you were 'going to play finals'?

Last year you picked up croad and you thought you were going to do well cause you had him. Didnt happen.

You are so naive. We won 2 games last year? Don't you think 9 is an improvement? The main nucleus of our squad is young and if you asked any Freo supporter at the start of the year, we would have said we would be happy with 8 wins.

You do have bitterness. Farmer was your favourite player and you still want him back, I know this for a fact.

And when have we gone on about how great we are? Next year we will be a side hoping to win about 10-12 games and maybe sneak into the finals if we are lucky.

Originally posted by Kenny_01

You do have bitterness. Farmer was your favourite player and you still want him back, I know this for a fact.

And when have we gone on about how great we are? Next year we will be a side hoping to win about 10-12 games and maybe sneak into the finals if we are lucky.

I'm going to tell you, once. Yes, Farmer WAS my favourite player and I was ****ed off when he left. And I wouldn't mind having him back - but I certainly don't harbour any bitterness towards the guy. Yeah, I may have done so early on, but not anymore. The man wanted to go home, and I respect that. You guys STILL boo White, and he left in 1997. Go figure.

I'm going to tell you, once. Yes, Farmer WAS my favourite player and I was ****ed off when he left. And I wouldn't mind having him back - but I certainly don't harbour any bitterness towards the guy. Yeah, I may have done so early on, but not anymore. The man wanted to go home, and I respect that. You guys STILL boo White, and he left in 1997. Go figure.

What? And you guys won't boo Farmer for the next 4 to 5 years? Get off it. The only reason you having something against Freo now is because of Farmer.

What? And you guys won't boo Farmer for the next 4 to 5 years? Get off it. The only reason you having something against Freo now is because of Farmer.

While it may be nice and right for you guys to boo White still after nearly 5 years, I can pretty much guarantee that he won't be booed. He may receive a few, but that's a given.

I don't have anything against Freo mate, I'm just arguing points, and you don't like it because it's your club. Big deal.

I beg to differ. We will see next year whether or not Farmer gets booed or not.

While it may be nice and right for you guys to boo White still after nearly 5 years, I can pretty much guarantee that he won't be booed. He may receive a few, but that's a given.

I don't have anything against Freo mate, I'm just arguing points, and you don't like it because it's your club. Big deal.

I don't mind your comments about our club. That is your opinion, and I respect it. That's what messageboards are for. I was simply arguing against what you had said.

I don't mind your comments about our club. That is your opinion, and I respect it. That's what messageboards are for. I was simply arguing against what you had said.

As I do yours. I can tell you this though. Melbourne supporters know that Jeff Farmer went home because that is where he longed to go. His family was there, as were his wife and children. We understand that, and respect that.

While at first I would have been ready to boo him, I would feel wrong to do so now. In the end, we came out better than Jeff did, and I wish Jeff nothing but the best in the future.

I don't agree with the fact that you guys argue about "bitterness", when you still boo Mr. White, and he left way back in 1997.

As I do yours. I can tell you this though. Melbourne supporters know that Jeff Farmer went home because that is where he longed to go. His family was there, as were his wife and children. We understand that, and respect that.

While at first I would have been ready to boo him, I would feel wrong to do so now. In the end, we came out better than Jeff did, and I wish Jeff nothing but the best in the future.

I don't agree with the fact that you guys argue about "bitterness", when you still boo Mr. White, and he left way back in 1997.

We were very bitter when White left, no doubt about it. Atleast I can admit it.

And if you guys don't boo Farmer next year, then I will acknowledge Melbourne supporters as easily the most open minded and forgiving supporters ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were very bitter when White left, no doubt about it. Atleast I can admit it.

And if you guys don't boo Farmer next year, then I will acknowledge Melbourne supporters as easily the most open minded and forgiving supporters ever.

From where I sit, I can't promise anything, but I can tell that the response won't be as hostile as many people believe it will be.

Originally posted by carlyp

It didn't happen this year?

Wow! the toasters finished 2 games above Freo. And 1 of those victories was a very suspect one vs the wooden spooners.

BIG DEAL!

If we improve by another 7 games next year I'll be more than happy.

No Freo fan would have honestly picked finals action for Freo this year. I personally thought 10 wins and 10th place. So I was one win off and more than happy. Next year will only be better.

Good on ya Kenny, Give em heaps mate!
I think there are just a great number of opposition supporters who are scared s h i t l e s s of the team and the club that Freo are building!
I can see Headland coming cheaper than everyone expects because Brisbane are not going to let him just go into the pre-season draft without any compensation, it was never going to happen, the media needs to fill space so that is what they write.
Headland will go for the no.5 pick and that is all.
Leigh Brown is the man who will be traded as he is the man who is most dispensible and the most over rated.
I hope that they do keep Mcphee though i look at him as a guy who will be quality, reminds me a little of Guy Mckenna.
Oh well i hope im right about that lot.
One thing i do know is that we will be seeing Freo in finals footy in 2003.

Originally posted by davers11
Good on ya Kenny, Give em heaps mate!
I think there are just a great number of opposition supporters who are scared s h i t l e s s of the team and the club that Freo are building!
I can see Headland coming cheaper than everyone expects because Brisbane are not going to let him just go into the pre-season draft without any compensation, it was never going to happen, the media needs to fill space so that is what they write.
Headland will go for the no.5 pick and that is all.
Leigh Brown is the man who will be traded as he is the man who is most dispensible and the most over rated.
I hope that they do keep Mcphee though i look at him as a guy who will be quality, reminds me a little of Guy Mckenna.
Oh well i hope im right about that lot.
One thing i do know is that we will be seeing Freo in finals footy in 2003.

:D Cheers mate

I don't know if other teams are scared ****less but we are building a decent team.

I think we will have to give #5 and #21 at the minimum for Headland, but that ain't too bad. Especially as it is being touted as not a very strong draft.

To be honest, I wouldn't be too dissapointed if Brown was traded, but he has been loyal to the club so I can see him staying until his contract runs out. He doesn't really fit into our on field structure, but is great off field. But I don't know if that counts for a whole lot these days.

I hope you're right on McPhee, I am a fan of his also and hope he turns out to be a decent player, no matter which club he is at. If he is half the player of McKenna, then he will be very useful wherever he is.

I hope we can make the finals too, but I wouldn't guarantee we will make it. I just want to let our performaces do the talking.

It didn't happen this year?

Wow! the toasters finished 2 games above Freo. And 1 of those victories was a very suspect one vs the wooden spooners.

BIG DEAL!

If we improve by another 7 games next year I'll be more than happy.

No Freo fan would have honestly picked finals action for Freo this year. I personally thought 10 wins and 10th place. So I was one win off and more than happy. Next year will only be better.
Hey funky, I hope you aren't letting Carly stir you enough to get to the point where it is more important where you finish in relation to West Coast that where you finish overall. Freo had good improvement this year, and they'll want that to continue next year. But the 8 is another step, and being a contender is another further one. I doubt either club from Perth is close to the latter class yet.

Originally posted by larrikin

Hey funky, I hope you aren't letting Carly stir you enough to get to the point where it is more important where you finish in relation to West Coast that where you finish overall. Freo had good improvement this year, and they'll want that to continue next year. But the 8 is another step, and being a contender is another further one. I doubt either club from Perth is close to the latter class yet.

Yep still a good 3 or 4 years from either side being a contender.

Yep still a good 3 or 4 years from either side being a contender.

Agree with you Kenny.

Both clubs are on the up, but I do suspect the Pansy Violets will make the eight next year and just. If they do get Headland they will be worth watching next year.

However, your midfield is still a disgrace compared to ours, but once your boys click, they will be a force to reckon with. Just need to play some finals to harden your side.

And little people know
When little people fight
We may look easy pickings
But we've got some bite
So never kick a dog
Because he's just a pup
We'll fight like twenty armies
And we won't give up
So you'd better run for cover
When the pup grows up!

I won't be bagging Freo for past failure. :)

Connolly will not keep all the players he said he will if he wants Headland. Des is a quality player and Freo will have to sacrifice something to get him, like we did when we got Colby. I read of a trade invovling Brisbane giving Des to Freo for their #1 pick, and Heffernan going to Brisbane, with Essendon getting McPhee and Cupido. I am not sure, but there may be another draft pick somewhere in the mix of things.

Just read on the AFL site that Chris Connolly is very keen on Headland, Chick and securing hot draft prospect Danile Wells, yet then goes on to say that he is very much looking forward to having Croad, Brown, Walker and McPhee on board for next year.

So, what does he expect to trade to get some of the above?? Freo must think these guys are just going to come to the club for next to nothing!
Well, well look here - Half the players above were traded, who would have thunk it?

Oh yeah, thats right, me.

CFH - welcome to the real world champ.

Re: Re: Connolly is Insane!

Just read on the AFL site that Chris Connolly is very keen on Headland, Chick and securing hot draft prospect Danile Wells, yet then goes on to say that he is very much looking forward to having Croad, Brown, Walker and McPhee on board for next year.

So, what does he expect to trade to get some of the above?? Freo must think these guys are just going to come to the club for next to nothing!

Originally posted by kuepper

Well, well look here - Half the players above were traded, who would have thunk it?

Oh yeah, thats right, me.

CFH - welcome to the real world champ.

Got headlands, didn't get Chick, didn't come close to getting Wells
Lose Brown, Lost McPhee

The Real world of Freo is sometimes a bit different for everyone else

FFS Connolly is a coach. I think that you don't realise that.
Pull your head in

Remove this Banner Ad

Connolly is Insane!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back