Recommitted Conor Nash [signs 5 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Or Ward. Or Hustwaite.

We have other options, but would much prefer for him to stay.
If we weren't likely to get Battle it wouldn't be completely terrible as it would be likely band 2 at least.
If we get Battle but lose Nash for nothing though it would be terrible and absolutely not worth it

King compared him to a tall Libba yesterday. Meaning he is the required grunt to let the top 3 go about their business.

He would be a big loss for Hawthorn, I doubt he leaves now after all these years just as things are starting to pay off for both he and the team.

King compared him to a tall Libba yesterday. Meaning he is the required grunt to let the top 3 go about their business.

He would be a big loss for Hawthorn, I doubt he leaves now after all these years just as things are starting to pay off for both he and the team.

Only reason I see is if a team came with a massive offer and Hawthorn won't match or come close. Would have to be a huge offers though.

He will get alot bigger contract then people realise. If Perryman is 900k then so is Nash. Reason being that Nashs versatility to provide some ruck relief around the ground is alot more handy then people wanna realise

If Collingwood have the money they may be interested but gut tells me this is one Clarko puts everything into getting him to North. The type of player they need.

Id be going 5/5 mill for the guy and frontload the crap out of his first 2 years.

Clarkson coached Nash and pigeon-holed him as a forward pocket. Mitchell was assistant coach at the time and had to persuade Clarkson to try him in the middle, after Mitchell had given Nash a run in the midfield at Box Hill. I doubt that Nash would be keen to play under Clarkson again.

If Collingwood have the money they may be interested but gut tells me this is one Clarko puts everything into getting him to North. The type of player they need.
You seriously underestimate the work the players did to have the Clarkson succession plan scuttled. They wanted change, and Nash was one player who went from a forward pocket with no clue to a bullocking inside mid, due to how much faith Mitchell had in playing him to his strengths in a role that suited his frame and pace.

Only way Nash would leave Sam to play for Clarko is if we tore up his contract, and that ain't happening.

You seriously underestimate the work the players did to have the Clarkson succession plan scuttled. They wanted change, and Nash was one player who went from a forward pocket with no clue to a bullocking inside mid, due to how much faith Mitchell had in playing him to his strengths in a role that suited his frame and pace.

Only way Nash would leave Sam to play for Clarko is if we tore up his contract, and that ain't happening.
Besides Geelong are you aware of any other clubs having interest? I heard Geelong made an offer - did you hear the same thing? I think he will sign soon

Besides Geelong are you aware of any other clubs having interest? I heard Geelong made an offer - did you hear the same thing? I think he will sign soon
Pies and Saints also had some interest, but yeah, I don't see him leaving. Word I got some weeks ago on the extension was that it was done, but with no announcement made I guess the speculation continues.

3 years ago I would have paid someone personally for him to leave but this was when he was a forward pocket.

As a mid/second ruck he plays the Blicavs role and actually is quite good at it despite disposal being questionable.

Is a great matchup for big mids like Cripps, Bont etc who bullied our young mids in the past and can stick a tackle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 years ago I would have paid someone personally for him to leave but this was when he was a forward pocket.

As a mid/second ruck he plays the Blicavs role and actually is quite good at it despite disposal being questionable.

Is a great matchup for big mids like Cripps, Bont etc who bullied our young mids in the past and can stick a tackle
On his disposal, his decision making is really good despite not being elite with his technique.

An under rated signing
Certainly not internally at the club.

The defensive work he does around stoppage to provide players like Day with the space they need is awesome.

I think the rest of the competition has seen enough of him through 2023 and 2024 to be concerned about what this monster of a man can produce as he enters the prime of his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Conor Nash [signs 5 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back