Consecutive Goals....without a miss??

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
J Brown has kicked 8 straight in his last 2 games (Geelong, Essendon)

Does anyone know what the record is by any one player in the history of the VFL/AFL for number of cosecutive goals without a "miss"?

BTW, I'm not suggesting Brown's 8 straight is anything like a record

Does anyone know what the record is by any one player in the history of the VFL/AFL for number of cosecutive goals without a "miss"?

Well Porplyzia is on 16 straight. Does it go over to last year as well is what I'm wondering

and in 1995 Lockett got 16-0 in one game.

But I dont know the record

Bound to be many others.

Lockett kicked 22 straight for Syd in 95 in just 2 games...with a haul of 16 straight plus a 6 the next week.
When Milne was a baby tiprat he kicked 22 straight in 7 games for the aints...plus a haul of 11 straight on another occasion.

I think Porplyzia has kicked about 17/18 in 7 games which is pretty bloody impressive.

Obscure record tho...chances are a cpl of accurate guys like Bob Pratt or Peter McKenna would hold the actual record.

I think I heard this on 5AA this week, at a guess it was 28 from memory.

kreuzer beat that last year
i think it was 11
albeit over many more games

It was so frustrating watching Brown, Brennan and the whole Brisbane side dob goals from 55m on the boundary whilst Lloyd and Lucas were missing sodas :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lockett - with 29 straight is the best recorded. Stats weren't kept on behind kickers for many years - until late 40's / early 50's, so we don't know for sure. Even then diferent club statisticians recorded things differently, so we don't know the order of points / goals in each game.

Lockket kicked 29 goals without a miss in 95 over 4 games which is the current record. I wouldn't be surprised if Porps goes past it aslong as he's taking set shots.

ronthebear is probably the man to asnwer this. he's always got the answer to these sort of statistical questions.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/stats_idx.html

there may be something on that site if someone wants to go through it but i don't think there is. there's a section on goalkicking accuracy but it doesn't mention the particular question. only accuracy over an entire career.

Below Lockett,
Milne kicked 2.2, then 22 straight, then 2.1, so max of 26, in 2002
Shannon Grant, 1.1, 20.0, 4.1, max of 25, 2000.
Scott Camporeale, 1.1, 18.0, 0.1 max of 19, 2004
and
Jason Porplyzia, 1.1, 18.0, so currently either 18 or 19.

In terms of set shots record, I’m pretty sure Bruest and Lloyd have 27.
But overall types of goals Lockett 29.

Breust definitely equaled Lockett's record of 29 straight goals without a behind - it was mentioned frequently and monitored closely by commentators as he approached and then equaled the record (hence this thread being bumped).

Not sure if your data has involved a post revision as I recall Breust had a shot that didn't register a score in his run to 29 straight goals without a behind.

Breust definitely equaled Lockett's record of 29 straight goals without a behind - it was mentioned frequently and monitored closely by commentators as he approached and then equaled the record (hence this thread being bumped).

Not sure if your data has involved a post revision as I recall Breust had a shot that didn't register a score in his run to 29 straight goals without a behind.
For some reason had Lloyd in my head but you are right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Consecutive Goals....without a miss??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back