Contested Marks

Remove this Banner Ad

Whose leading the contested mark count in the AFL this season??

And what is the record in a game for most contested marks??
Matthew Pavlich has 7 on the weekend, this must be close to the record.

There was a time when almost every mark was contested. Go back to the 80's and players were taking 12 - 15 contested every week. Lots of them.

Just have a look at footage from those days and you will see how great the marking was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone get me the stats for most missed set-shots when the pressure is on as a Captain?

How about the crappiest set shot for any CHF in the League that wears no.21?

Interesting

Can you give me a link . Would be interested in the definition of Contested marks between the two sites

?

Khan

That's the problem with a lot of stats, they're open to more interpretation than the holding the ball rule.

I wouldn't be surprised if the difference between the two sites was because the statistician liked different teams.

Of current players, most in a game:

Richo - 9 vs Essendon 2006
Brown - 9 vs Melbourne 2005
Rocca - 8 vs Fremantle 2000
N Thompson - 8 vs St Kilda 2002
Lloyd - 7 vs Carlton 2007
Pavlich - 6 vs Sydney 2006
Riewoldt - 6 vs Sydney 2003
Fevola - 6 vs Bulldogs 2003
Burton - 6 vs Richmond 2001
Franklin - 5 vs Melbourne 2008

Franklin 34 (There goes that Myth)
Richo 30
Riewoldt 26
Pavlich 24
Roughead 24

Thats been the difference for Franklin, and the reason he has sold me this year.

Last year i made many comments saying he was a 7 foot crumber who gets all his goals at ground level.

He has addressed this issue, and now is becoming the complete player.

He can lead up and mark, he can beat opponents 1 on 1 and he can float through the middle with impact.

I'd love to see him in a 1 on 1 marking contest with Rutten, Scarlett or Glass....but the thing is that if these guys have him in the air, he'll play smaller.

Thats been the difference for Franklin, and the reason he has sold me this year.

Last year i made many comments saying he was a 7 foot crumber who gets all his goals at ground level.

He has addressed this issue, and now is becoming the complete player.

He can lead up and mark, he can beat opponents 1 on 1 and he can float through the middle with impact.

I'd love to see him in a 1 on 1 marking contest with Rutten, Scarlett or Glass....but the thing is that if these guys have him in the air, he'll play smaller.

Round 4 vs Adelaide Franklin beat Rutten in the air on a number of occasions in one on one strength battles. Hopefully he can reproduce it on saturday nite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Contested Marks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back