List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
12 for Baker doesn't make any sense. Assuming Richmond are targeting the low- first round value that has been reported, we'd be looking at pick 54 coming across with Baker, which is walk away from the table stuff.

I'd rather give them 23 + F2 for Baker + F3 and let them figure out how to get a first rounder themselves.

Baker is worth a pick in the 20s, a single one nothing more and even with the 2nd rounder I'd rather the club just hit the draft.

Baker is worth a pick in the 20s, a single one nothing more and even with the 2nd rounder I'd rather the club just hit the draft.

I’d rather that too but it feels like the club is much more into him (and Graham). Is that the vibe you’re getting?

Surely Tigers will be wanting a balance of current and future picks from the Baker / Rioli / Bolton combo. So for Baker I'd put at most 27 on the table, or F2 depending on their preference.

I'm still a bit reluctant on giving up F2 as that is likely to be ~20, but the club seems set on him and the deal above seems like the worst possible outcome could live with.

Any use of a first rounder or F1, even if just downgrading picks (e.g. pick 12 for their F2), is a no go in my view.

I’d rather that too but it feels like the club is much more into him (and Graham). Is that the vibe you’re getting?

I don't think we're as into him as Freo which is why I'm hopeful if we did get him we're not using anything in the first round.

Saw a suggestion that we'll try to get the Hawks F1 as well in the Barrass deal (probably for our F2) and we'll give that for Baker. Really our F2 is about right and makes sense with them loaded this year already.

Just on Baker, Freo won’t offer anymore than pick 15-18 (Port 1st) for him unless a fair chunk of his salary is paid for by the Tigers. That becomes a different situation where a top 10 pick could come into play which we just can’t and won’t compete with.

So if his value without any salary attached is around pick 16 then we can certainly get it done by using pick 23 and some sweetners if Baker chooses the Eagles.

The contract offered to Graham will also be a large part of that. The difference between band 3 (pick 22) or an end of second round will be significant for the Tigers. It will be definitely part of what the Eagles put forward to the Tigers or already have.

The dockers pick 16 & Graham being worth pick 39 isn’t significantly any better than the Eagles offering 24 & making sure Graham is worth pick 22.

In no way will the club offer the Hawks first round pick for Baker. The Tigers will try but it won’t be on the table. Otherwise the Eagles have no need to push TB out. It would be plain stupid.

Tigers would have second round picks in 21,22,24 & 30. That’s plenty of currency to get up into the first round and attack the Lions and Suns picks for example.

Turn 21 & 24 into pick 13
Turn 22 & 30 into pick 15

We should possibly be looking at grabbing pick 48 off of the Tigers for our F3rd as part of the Baker deal.

Take picks 3, 12, 48 and 59 to the draft.
Grab the Hawks F2 as the sweetner for TB.

If we find trades for any other players on our list we can add to our overall draft position.

Offer the F2. Nothing more or less.

Our F2 will be about the same as this year 22-24, but will blow out a few spots BC of all the FS/NGA picks.

If there's a draft with little value in keeping a second round pick , next year is it.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just on Baker, Freo won’t offer anymore than pick 15-18 (Port 1st) for him unless a fair chunk of his salary is paid for by the Tigers. That becomes a different situation where a top 10 pick could come into play which we just can’t and won’t compete with.

So if his value without any salary attached is around pick 16 then we can certainly get it done by using pick 23 and some sweetners if Baker chooses the Eagles.

The contract offered to Graham will also be a large part of that. The difference between band 3 (pick 22) or an end of second round will be significant for the Tigers. It will be definitely part of what the Eagles put forward to the Tigers or already have.

The dockers pick 16 & Graham being worth pick 39 isn’t significantly any better than the Eagles offering 24 & making sure Graham is worth pick 22.

In no way will the club offer the Hawks first round pick for Baker. The Tigers will try but it won’t be on the table. Otherwise the Eagles have no need to push TB out. It would be plain stupid.

Tigers would have second round picks in 21,22,24 & 30. That’s plenty of currency to get up into the first round and attack the Lions and Suns picks for example.

Turn 21 & 24 into pick 13
Turn 22 & 30 into pick 15

We should possibly be looking at grabbing pick 48 off of the Tigers for our F3rd as part of the Baker deal.

Take picks 3, 12, 48 and 59 to the draft.
Grab the Hawks F2 as the sweetner for TB.

If we find trades for any other players on our list we can add to our overall draft position.

Bakers out of contract I don’t think Richmond will be offering to pay anything of his new contract.

Our F2 will be about the same as this year 22-24, but will blow out a few spots BC of all the FS/NGA picks.

If there's a draft with little value in keeping a second round pick , next year is it.

All the teams with FS/NGA will find the F2 very valuable if they have multiple kids that are due to go in the first round

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 12 for Liam Baker and the rights to microwave memberships due to dumb decisions and its a deal.

How do phones go in microwaves?

I'm hoping Baker chooses Freo so we are saved from ourselves.

Its a really pain the ass that he's one year before free agency. If we got him for free I'd be all over it.
That's probably why richmond are pushing him to go now. Wce would be the laughing stock of the competition to give a first round for him

Read this morning that Hawk's pick 12 will be enough to get the deal done for Barrass, and then we're trading that on to get Baker from Richmond.

So essentially Barrass for a mediocre 27 year old mid who will be retired by the time the Eagles get near the 8.

And it wasn't even satire.

You'd be happy with this hey twce13 ? Master stroke of list management. 😂

Lol. Sure. The Eagles will just do what some nuffie click bait chasing journo is saying.

Why would you even bother reacting to that?

Do you jump at shadows as well?

Not Long ago we were entering this draft with the #3 pick and 23 with not much else.
Trying to get Baker and Graham and maybe even someone else with not much to offer for them.
Now wit the Barrass news and maybe even another player or two it's looking like we might actually be pretty cashed up with picks to enter the draft and still get a couple of experienced players over.

Actually now looking like pretty exciting times.
Let's just get it right this trade and draft period and start improving ASAP.
Don't want to be sitting here doing a Nth Melb next year still trying to rebuild the team from the bottom of the ladder.

Both teams will have nearly 6 weeks to have it sorted so it’s a day one trade. Along with the TB, get them done and move on to the other targets if that’s picks or players. But let’s be honest it won’t.

Heard the AFL has offered both WC and Tiggers priority picks if they can string this out until 1 minute before the trade deadline.

My opinion is that this opinion discussion is tiresome and boring

I am also of the opinion that I should start applying thread bans for people who want to keep posting their opinion about opinions

And that opinion is a fact
well, this opinion is just wrong.

plz dont ban me

Good chance our F2nd and F3rd get eaten up matching bids.

And Baker has said publically a late 2nd won't be enough.

Luckily we have an early 2nd rounder this year. Or use next years.

A F3rd might also be needed.

Good chance our F2nd and F3rd get eaten up matching bids.

And Baker has said publically a late 2nd won't be enough.

Luckily we have an early 2nd rounder this year. Or use next years.

A F3rd might also be needed.

Why does Baker get a say?

If he wants to play for WCE, and Richmond are content with what’s offered by way of trade, isn’t that enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back