List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
A grader is a stretch but he's a known commodity and has some upside still
He’s 23 an one of the best small forwards in the league already. He’s absolutely elite for the role he plays.

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

I don't want this to happen, but the more I think on it I reckon it will be baker, 6 and something like 39 for our pick 3 and a F3. Then hawks first two picks for TB.

6, 12, 23, 30, 39, 59, baker & graham.

Again I prefer we just don't pursue baker, but my gut says we will.

Tigers are gonna have so much picks under 50 when it is all said and done, they will surely be the team who trades up and takes advantage of the corrupt point system. If not would love to get one or two of their 3rd round picks somehow. Given how many high picks they will have they prob won't value them so much.

I don't want this to happen, but the more I think on it I reckon it will be baker, 6 and something like 39 for our pick 3 and a F3. Then hawks first two picks for TB.

6, 12, 23, 30, 39, 59, baker & graham.

Again I prefer we just don't pursue baker, but my gut says we will.

Tigers are gonna have so much picks under 50 when it is all said and done, they will surely be the team who trades up and takes advantage of the corrupt point system. If not would love to get one or two of their 3rd round picks somehow. Given how many high picks they will have they prob won't value them so much.
Yuk, even if you take out the F3 from our side its still kinda yuk.
If we are happy to take any of the top 6 or so in the draft then I dont see why we wouldnt trade down though and take what value we can out of it.
Any of Draper, FOS, Smith, Langford, Lalor or Smillie work for us tbh, even if a couple of them are less ideal

Yuk, even if you take out the F3 from our side its still kinda yuk.
If we are happy to take any of the top 6 or so in the draft then I don't see why we wouldnt trade down though and take what value we can out of it.
Any of Draper, FOS, Smith, Langford, Lalor or Smillie work for us tbh, even if a couple of them are less ideal
Likely meaning we get one of Langford or Lalor (I'm not keen on Smillie).
If we are drafting a top mid next year with our first, so that our midfield ends up......Reid, Lalor/Langford, Top 4 Pick next yr, Hewett, Ginbey(? hbf ?) then I guess we are set in there.
Pickett traded in would mean we have an elite small fwd for next 8 yrs
This year's draft hand 6 (Langford, Lalor), 23 (ours), 30 (Hawks), 39 (Dees), 50-something (ours) means we can probably also address other areas of need e.g. KPD, HBF, Wing with a selection of such players as O'Farrell, Oliver, Moraes, Davis plus also match on Champion.

---------------------------------

Edit: just realised this was to get Baker in, not Picket :(

Having watched Noober's vid of Langford from last wkend, I'd be keen to trade down to 6 if he's still going to be there, & we can get something good out of Richmond for him (late first rounder, or Baker).

There's been a lot of noise about Langford's (lack of) pace, but he doesn't look slow to me. His first 2-3 steps out of a stoppage in fact looks quite good, which is more important than top speed or even 20m sprint I'd have thought for an inside mid.
His athletic profile can't be any worse than a Clayton Oliver (who is comparable in size & that inside/first possession role). Coupled with his good kicking, high production, elite consistency, big size, very good mark for a mid & ability to hit the scoreboard, I really can't see how he's not a top 5 lock.

I'd definitely have him over Smillie and Lalor, & I don't see us being worse off with him vs Smith/FOS/draper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back