List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

• Oscar Allen and Jake Waterman are set to sign new deals (Code Sports)
    • Allen is due to become a free agent at the end of next season, but is working on a six-year extension
    • Waterman will sign a four year deal, which is "heavily incentives based" and could see him earn up to $1m per year

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

• List Manager Matt Clarke appeared on Gettable - Click spoiler below for summary
    On the draft: "We predicted that the draft was strong, but it's probably gotten stronger during the year."

On top end of draft: "You could probably make five or six different choices and get it right."

On Pick 3: "I reckon there's five (players) around that mark."

On splitting: "I think you want to hold an early selection if you can. The depth of this group allows you to maybe have some movement there, and see what you can do to bring in more talent in the first 20-25 picks. Easier said than done, and I think most clubs would be saying the same thing. We'll see what we can do."

On Liam Baker: "He's still yet to make a decision. They're still weighing up a few things. We'd love to get Liam on board from what he offers from a talent and leadership point of view. We understand where we're at as a group, we're rebuilding our group, we need to add some guys in the middle tier to support our young group."

On Jack Graham: "We've got a number of players that we're speaking to. A bit of a wait and see on that one as well. We'll talk to a number of guys."

On Shai Bolton: "I think it will be difficult for anybody, really. He's heavily contracted and a high quality player."

On James Peatling: "He's heavily involved in a finals series at the moment so I don't want to comment too much on it, but I think there's a number of guys that have been playing really good footy this year that could suit what we do and what other clubs do. He's taken his footy to another level this year."

On Tom Barrass: "We've had an early discussion with Hawthorn about it, they understand where we're at. He's nominated Hawthorn as his ideal destination. We want what we think he's worth, as a genuine key back in the competition that can do what he can do. We're obviously mindful of getting an appropriate deal for West Coast."

On Tom Clurey: "Maybe (note: sounded very non enthused). We'd probably need some key back depth, whether that's through the draft or trade and free agency."

On Jack Darling: "We've had initial discussions with his management group about (moving). We're open to talking, as we are with all of our players, but Jack's contracted with us."

On Liam Ryan: "I expect him to be at West Coast next year, yes." (The most definitive answer of the day by a mile, a non-starter of a talking point.)

On out of contact players e.g. Rotham, Witherden, Jones: "We're still working through what it looks like from a list point of view, and how many selections we'll want to have, and players that may come in and potentially may go out. You might want to give a coach an opportunity to look at these guys."

On Harley Reid: "We've had discussions most of the year with his management group. I think it sits in a really good place. We're open to doing really whatever they want to do to be honest. We're really confident in building the right system around Harley, on and off field, to make sure that he's really comfortable, that he's going to play his best footy, and his long term future."

On Jake Waterman's new deal: "Yep, really close. We're working really closely with his management on that. I expect that we'll have something done pretty soon."

On Oscar Allen: "We've been talking with Oscar and his manager most of the year on that one. We're going through some stuff at the moment. I think we'll be ok with that one."

Last edited by a moderator:

I would be happy with both of these chaps as Eagles next year
Good. Got both signatures tonight:
ab4a4f068951b7b05e1396192a80e8ec.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Personally I’m all for small contract lengths, WTF is wrong with a 2 year contract?
We’ve just come off a disastrous patch where Simmo was on a 5 year contract, a number of older players, Gaff for example on long contracts when they were clearly stuffed.
2 year contracts sound bloody tremendous to me, perform or **** off!

Essendon showing interest in Rotham is perfection

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Reported several teams are interested as a UFA.

That is excellent.

Herbs and spices and we get band 5 and our 3rd rounder back. Pick 42. No need for any priority pick discussions.

Get a late pick for Darling. 50's.

If we do hold Hawks future 1st or 2nd do we look to trade our future 2nd into this draft? It would be one of the more valuable future 2nds to match bids with.

Last edited:

That is excellent.

Herbs and spices and we get band 5 and our 3rd rounder back. Pick 42. No need for any priority pick discussions.

If we do hold Hawks future 1st or 2nd do we look to trade our future 2nd into this draft? It woukd be one of the more valuable future 2nds to match bids with.
Sounds reasonable, we’ll still need picks next year for Banfield and NGA’s though.

So if I understand, Owies is out of contract but has not been offered a new contract. That means we either pick him up as a delisted FA, we trade for him or we get him through the PSD.

It makes sense getting him and we probably have to offer 3 years to get him to move. Whilst not an area of need, we will need to be patient with Long coming off an ACL, Ryan has hardly been his AA self, Cripps has dropped in output and is looking like a 33 year old, Brockman looks a bust but I will cut him some slack for this season only, while Petch is a tease.

As a delisted FA and or PSD, I am preferring him in our forward line to Culley.

Good. Got both signatures tonight:
ab4a4f068951b7b05e1396192a80e8ec.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Tell Tobie to fluff the interviews and that we have number 3 ready for him.

For a KPD, we might just be able to free up 37!!! Not 42 as Harry might get dirty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if I understand, Owies is out of contract but has not been offered a new contract. That means we either pick him up as a delisted FA, we trade for him or we get him through the PSD.

It makes sense getting him and we probably have to offer 3 years to get him to move. Whilst not an area of need, we will need to be patient with Long coming off an ACL, Ryan has hardly been his AA self, Cripps has dropped in output and is looking like a 33 year old, Brockman looks a bust but I will cut him some slack for this season only, while Petch is a tease.

He will find a melb club to take him and suspect for significantly less money. Moving sucks if you don’t have to and don’t want to.

That is excellent.

If we do hold Hawks future 1st or 2nd do we look to trade our future 2nd into this draft? It would be one of the more valuable future 2nds to match bids with.
Can't agree there mate....We're at a crucial stage and have to do everything in our power to get a leg up, especially in such a deep draft.

Whats with all these coaches (McRae, Hardwick) coming out and saying they prefer players opposed to picks in exchange for trades?...

Maybe self preservation for their own jobs at the detriment of club future?.... Or is it a good idea...i'm unsure

Owies seems to be in Witho/Rotham purgatory. Neither signed, nor delisted but I can only assume it’s heading to the later. Longy was a PCL and has hit all his targets and should be good to go day 1 preseason however the others I completely agree with. Petch for Garcia would still be worth exploring too.

He is a decent player.

Read I think on the trade thread or Carlton board he isnt so much a pressure small, crumbing forward but more of a leading target but works up the wings and then runs hard forward.

How would he fit in with Long, Dewar and Champion needing games?

Is he a bit of a Cripps half forward with work rate as his hame?

im melting

over these prices at woolies.

$10 for a bag of tomatoes? I'll go to golden choice thanks
It's because of a fungal outbreak in SA on a few of their tomato farms. Pretty sure WA and QLD have stopped allowing tomatoes to come in from SA

It's because of a fungal outbreak in SA on a few of their tomato farms. Pretty sure WA and QLD have stopped allowing tomatoes to come in from SA

Can we also ban potatoes coming in from Richmond, VIC?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back