Traded Cooper Stephens - Traded to Hawthorn as part of Henry/Mitchell deal

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you'll find there's not much overlap if any on timeframe if any with Hawkins career and Neale being ready.

He's high potential and I think will be a gun but he's not going to be ready next year and Hawkins I don't think will be here the year after
I think my post still applies. If he's gets to the end of next season and hasn't been getting any game time then he is in the same situation Clark was in. If he's uncontracted, both WA clubs will be sniffling around.

I think my post still applies. If he's gets to the end of next season and hasn't been getting any game time then he is in the same situation Clark was in. If he's uncontracted, both WA clubs will be sniffling around.
Yeah I'm sure you will, which is disappointing because I think he'd play every game the year after for us almost regardless of form

Isn’t this guy just a worse Constable?

Had injuries sure, but not close to fit enough and pretty average.

Only has any value because cats are a top team. At a lower team he’d be playing and showing he isn’t up to it.

Much better athlete than CC.

Only has any value because cats are a top team. At a lower team he’d be playing and showing he isn’t up to it.

Far far better athlete than Constable. Top 5 in yo yo test from memory, in his draft year. Also ripped as anything, whereas Constable was skinny/fat and that never really changed.

Pre or post injury? Because what I’ve seen of him he’s looked slow. Plus low game time.

Post injury. Only low game time because all our mids were on low game time this year - for tactical reasons. Has a massive tank

That was from his draft year, and now he's gotten even fitter and put on much more muscle - so he's a beast , lol:

1665322220351.png

1665322366802.png

Last edited:

He's already better than Chook by a wide margin. Whether he's any good is the question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pre or post injury? Because what I’ve seen of him he’s looked slow. Plus low game time.
He's not super quick but he showed glimpses of power. He's got more obvious weapons with his strength and fitness than CC but obviously question marks over whether he'll make it. I expect we'll give him 10+ games this year which will let us see where he's at.

Don’t think Stephens will be moving this pre season. Aside from being contracted, he’s happy at the club. He does need to establish himself though in 2023 or he may have to look at other options.
Will have Bruhn to compete with (he's easily best 22)
Bowes could be
Plus pick 7 (if it's Clark)

That's a bit to leapfrog. Suspect he doesn't ask for the move, but I'd be happy to help facilitate the Bowes trade and send 22 for him :)

Bowes could be

That's a bit to leapfrog. Suspect he doesn't ask for the move, but I'd be happy to help facilitate the Bowes trade and send 22 for him :)

Yeah, there will be a lot of competition for midfield spots which is good.

22 would be an interesting offer though.

Bowes could be

No Selwood, Higgins, Dahlhaus and Narkle. That's 49 games from this year so 2 players per game that are out.

There's no doubt if he does the right things at training he'll get given games. 10 minimum I'd say. Then the question is whether he can demand a spot after that. Bruhn and Bowes were fringe players and pick 7 will be first year while it will be his 4th year as an AFL player.

Realistically if he can't push himself ahead of some guys like that he's just not likely to make it.

No Selwood, Higgins, Dahlhaus and Narkle. That's 49 games from this year so 2 players per game that are out.

There's no doubt if he does the right things at training he'll get given games. 10 minimum I'd say. Then the question is whether he can demand a spot after that. Bruhn and Bowes were fringe players and pick 7 will be first year while it will be his 4th year as an AFL player.

Realistically if he can't push himself ahead of some guys like that he's just not likely to make it.
Bruhn wasn't fringe. He's still developing and by seasons end was pretty settled in. Reckon that pick up is gold for you.

I don't think Bowes is locked. If F2 is required for Bowes and we traded it for chips we suck. Have to wait and see how the plan shakes out.
if you can get Bowes and 7 for a pick in the 50s - well done, but I'd also pose the leagues f'd if they tick that off. Esp after blocking Port over the weekend.

if you can get Bowes and 7 for a pick in the 50s - well done, but I'd also pose the leagues f'd if they tick that off. Esp after blocking Port over the weekend.

Not fully across Port but didn't they want to trade F1 and F2? Later picks are less of an issue.

I just find it hard to believe that we would have traded a F2 if it was needed for the Bowes deal. Surely we would know by now what is required, unless we have totally messed it up.

Bruhn wasn't fringe. He's still developing and by seasons end was pretty settled in. Reckon that pick up is gold for you.

I think the league snookered themselves on Bowes. They set the bar low to try and help the Suns, are they going to turn around and change the rules because it turned out to be the cats?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Cooper Stephens - Traded to Hawthorn as part of Henry/Mitchell deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back