Corona virus and other pestilences. Poxes ‘n stuff. Part 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The numbers of Covid cases reported across Australia are certainly not consistent. This week New South Wales, Western Australia and the ACT all recorded sizeable increases in case numbers. Australia wide we recorded a fall of only 797 cases. Maybe the increases are due to clerical adjustments.

South Australia recorded a fall of 208 cases or 7.7% on the previous week.

Occupational Therapists and Speech Pathologists patients have also suffered with the mask mandates.

Alot of these patients rely on facial signals as cues. It's resulting in stunted development

What I sighed at are your constant blanket statements. Now one about stunted development. Where is the data?
I agree there are certain children that are challenged more than others.
I agree there would be challenges in speech therapy.
Speech therapists are extremely creative and can often find work arounds.
They were offering online zoom sessions, unmasked.
They coach parents what to do. It is the parents at home who ultimately do most of the work and therapy with the child, unmasked.
They utilise videos of them speaking and making movements and sounds etc ect.

They are in close facial contact so I am sure they would not be wanting to spread virus from one child to another.

Covid19 also seems to have some ongoing brain impacts on some children, how exactly will that help their development going forward?

No one wanted this pandemic but we have to deal with it somehow.

Canada have a Covid Hazard Risk Doc to guide those in the population who want to lessen their exposure and transmission risk as cases increase.
Not sure cafes restaurants shop owners nightclubs and bars would be fans though.

When has the covid risk ever been very high? Tell me, by what measure? The risk of a recession might be high because of it, that's about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I sighed at are your constant blanket statements. Now one about stunted development. Where is the data?
I agree there are certain children that are challenged more than others.
I agree there would be challenges in speech therapy.
Speech therapists are extremely creative and can often find work arounds.
They were offering online zoom sessions, unmasked.
They coach parents what to do. It is the parents at home who ultimately do most of the work and therapy with the child, unmasked.
They utilise videos of them speaking and making movements and sounds etc ect.

They are in close facial contact so I am sure they would not be wanting to spread virus from one child to another.

Covid19 also seems to have some ongoing brain impacts on some children, how exactly will that help their development going forward?

No one wanted this pandemic but we have to deal with it somehow.

Again, most data in health isn't accurate because our jobs depend on us manipulating data and statistics.

How many OTs and Speech Paths are you talking to. I'm actually plugged in. Patients development is being affected.

While you could argue that covid can cause cognitive issues, you could argue that the vaccine can aswell.

Again, most data in health isn't accurate because our jobs depend on us manipulating data and statistics.

How many OTs and Speech Paths are you talking to. I'm actually plugged in. Patients development is being affected.

While you could argue that covid can cause cognitive issues, you could argue that the vaccine can aswell.
I can give you plenty of ANeCdOTes but they are not allowed apparently. Ask Edgie.

As a recipient of OT and Speech the patient was definitely affected negatively.

Heerema-McKenney was in her office when the phone rang. As she listened, she knew that what Odronic was describing was what she and her colleagues had observed repeatedly over the past several months: a patient positive for the coronavirus, a placenta destroyed by COVID-19, a baby stillborn.

Their next discovery was equally stunning. None of the stillbirths they studied involved a pregnant person who had been fully vaccinated. The doctors checked with colleagues across the country and around the world. The fatal pattern held.
Unvaccinated women who contracted COVID-19 during pregnancy were at a higher risk of stillbirths. They also were more likely to be admitted to the intensive care unit, give birth prematurely or die. Yet their greatest protection — the COVID-19 vaccine — sat largely untouched, buried under doubt, polluted by disinformation.

As a recipient of OT and Speech the patient was definitely affected negatively.
ANecDote
So again you cast doubt, scepticism, and dismissal on the experience of others, but expect your own to be accepted like the word of God at St Paul's cathedral.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

How would you explain families refusing to wear masks in RACFs?
How we have treated these people by locking them up like prisoners?
How patients who are already palliative are being recorded as covid deaths?
How doctors are wrongly diagnosing actual serious medical issues as 'long covid'.

How are we supposed to prevent widespread starvation of the elderly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back