Corona virus and other pestilences. Poxes ‘n stuff. Part 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. What utter rubbish. You're both letting your political opinions cloud your view of reality.

The Andrews Government has held an overwhelming majority over the LNP opposition in every major opinion poll since the start of the pandemic - and that gap is increasing.

Like other State Premiers Andrews has modified his covid policies in response to the changing nature of the covid threat in Australia over the past 2 years and in line with National Cabinet recommendations. NOT because he is any way concerned about the effect it might have on opinion polls. Her only has to look at the unprecedented landslide victory of WA Premier last year to see that.

Dan Andrew is avoiding the media like the plague. The bloke wants nothing to do with politics because he knows a lot of people are upset with his actions. Melbourne is a shadow of its former self.

LOL. What utter rubbish. You're both letting your political opinions cloud your view of reality.

The Andrews Government has held an overwhelming majority over the LNP opposition in every major opinion poll since the start of the pandemic - and that gap is increasing.

Like other State Premiers Andrews has modified his covid policies in response to the changing nature of the covid threat in Australia over the past 2 years and in line with National Cabinet recommendations. NOT because he is any way concerned about the effect it might have on opinion polls. Her only has to look at the unprecedented landslide victory of WA Premier last year to see that.

As for the LNP leader - Matthew Guy- he is headed to a catastrophic defeat because he is an idiot with NFI. And the loud minority of anti vax cookers aren't going to swing it for him either. Even his own party are deserting him for his lack of honesty:

BTW Latest opinion poll:

View attachment 1538802

And what is your reason for posting in a Port Adelaide backwater covid thread about Victorian LNP policies given you are a West Coast supporter?
That last bit was my bad - I meant to quote OGC in the Adelaide Politics/Covid thread (he posted it in both) and replied here by mistake, then I ran with it.

VERY HiGh risk? Where was that said? Where?And you show no interest in learning from what I have seen. As you said, you are here for the lols.
Imaging lol-ing at those suffering from long covid or dying of the disease. Just awful.
Lol it was literally said in one of you many twitter shared but one thing I can't blame you for is losing track of all the things you repost

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

42c0352bc2b4e275b8ff4a0ccbbe11f0--lloyd-bridges-funny-movies.jpg

THE CHART?
SERIOUSLY?

That is what Edgiev was ttying himself in aknot about 🤣🤣🤣🤣

That’s in Canada. Not here.
I never said we have high hisk here at the moment. Did I?

I was showing achart.

And it was put up as a potential as what could be an option going forward.

Just like fire risk andv pollen count etc.

Of course they say ignorance is bliss, so you can go on your merry way with Edgie, big tough Pappadum etc
So juvenile.
Continue your ignorance.
It suits you, it really does.

Your only,solution is to ignore things, deny things ? Wow.

Darwin will take care of the rest in time I am sure.

Finally South Australia is following consensus around the country with the removal of mandatory covid vaccination and mandatory mask requirements for healthcare workers in phase 2 and 3 settings (ie all general practices, allied health facilities and pharmacies) last Friday. This extends to hospitals on November 24 with workplaces to put in their own policies as opposed to being regulated by the government in this realm.

This past week of having a true sense of "normality" in the office knowing that the government has no more control over our business and livelihood than pre-covid days has been beyond bliss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UPDATE Chiyoda Ward, an area of central Tokyo, has created an app to help folks ascertain whether or not a restaurant is well ventilated and therefore less likely to lead to a COVID-19 infection.

The Ventilation View app relies on the presence of a CO2 sensor that Chiyoda Ward is giving away to businesses.

Once that sensor is installed, and transmitting data, the venue – be it a restaurant and or some other place – will appear on a map, complete with an air quality rating. A rating of 1,000 parts per million or lower of carbon dioxide indicates there's adequate ventilation to avoid coming down with coronavirus.

This weeks figures have been posted and the good news is Australia's infection rate has fallen by almost 42% since Sept 16 when weekly reporting commenced. The good news continues as Australia wide Covid related deaths have reduced from 290 on Sept 16 to 85 this past week. Hospitalisations are also well down from 2,003 on Sept 16 to 1,429 this week. Of course none of this is being reported in the media as good news is not news.

On the debit side 4 of the 8 States and Territories reported marginal increases this past week. The national figures are carried by NSW, Queensland and Victoria which all reported healthy falls in infection.

In SA reported cases went up by 47 and hospitalisations increased by 5 to 50.

Of course these figures are are based on reported cases and without the mandated isolation period many positives are probably not bothering to report or isolate. That said we can only go on the figures as posted.

Vaccination campaigns seem to be on hold. I have had the recommended 4 jabs but have not been advised to get another booster.

My last booster was May 2022 so I assume it will be a Covid booster every 12 months. Maybe the comined influenza and Covid jab?

There have been some advances in Covid vaccines of late so maybe the Government is waiting until stocks of the latest vaccine are procured and next winter approaches. I guess we wait as things may change if the projected Nov/Dec wave hits.

Vaccination campaigns seem to be on hold. I have had the recommended 4 jabs but have not been advised to get another booster.

My last booster was May 2022 so I assume it will be a Covid booster every 12 months. Maybe the comined influenza and Covid jab?

There have been some advances in Covid vaccines of late so maybe the Government is waiting until stocks of the latest vaccine are procured and next winter approaches. I guess we wait as things may change if the projected Nov/Dec wave hits.
The novavax seems superior from many accounts. Will be interesting to see what options going forward.

Heard a lot of talk about this new Moderna bivalent booster following its release a fortnight ago but not much more. From what I've read it offers improved resistance to subvariants BA.4 and BA.5, the main Omicron variants circulating in Australia but that extra protection is only marginal.

In any case the only group for which a fifth dose is currently recommended by ATAGI are severely immunocompromised people aged 16 years or older who can get a fifth dose three months after their fourth dose.

Heard a lot of talk about this new Moderna bivalent booster following its release a fortnight ago but not much more. From what I've read it offers improved resistance to subvariants BA.4 and BA.5, the main Omicron variants circulating in Australia but that extra protection is only marginal.

In any case the only group for which a fifth dose is currently recommended by ATAGI are severely immunocompromised people aged 16 years or older who can get a fifth dose three months after their fourth dose.

Yes, it is like flu vaccines as every year they are updated to accommodate the new variants. I guess the critical factor is we do not get an entirely new Covid variant suddenly appearing.

Dan Andrew is avoiding the media like the plague. The bloke wants nothing to do with politics because he knows a lot of people are upset with his actions. Melbourne is a shadow of its former self.

Who's avoiding who?

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 11.24.02 pm.png

Last edited:
Covid cases in Europe have tripled since September and health authorities are urging everyone eligible to get the latest Covid booster. It is believed that the recently discovered B.Q.1 subvariant of the Omicron strain is driving the increase. Although the new variant is no more lethal it does have greater ability to sidestep the body's natural immune system. We keep throwing up walls to combat Covid but the virus keeps finding cracks in the wall.

I suspect a new booster is being developed to counter B.Q.1 and when it is available we will be advised to take the jab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back