Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I make it that the number of recovered has outstripped the number of ill for the first time (using total ill = total cases - total dead - total recovered). Some of the numbers on websites monitoring the virus don't match up with their totals; suspect they are using hidden values in their calcs e.g. where Spain and the UK are showing N/A for total recovered.

It seems we may have our first case from the weekends protests in Victoria according to the CHO.

Hopefully the CovidSafe app does its job.
They don't think it's from the protests.
He was at the protests, with no symptoms wearing a mask. Given when he has tested positive they think it is too soon after for it to have been caught there or for him to have been infectious while there.

I'm sure we will get some linked to protests but I'm not sure this today's case is.

It seems we may have our first case from the weekends protests in Victoria according to the CHO.

Hopefully the CovidSafe app does its job.
It kind of doesn't make sense. Likely to have acquired it there, but was infectious while at the rally?

Am I missing something?

It kind of doesn't make sense. Likely to have acquired it there, but was infectious while at the rally?

Am I missing something?
Symptoms take 4-6 days to appear after being exposed to the virus, but you can be infectious for 24 hours before showing any symptoms.
This guy got symptoms on Sunday so he didn’t get the exposure there but might have been infectious at the rally. It’s not certain he was infectious though and he was wearing a mask which will help a lot.

I’m just paraphrasing the CHO above but to me it sounds more unlikely than likely that this guy will be a super spreader.
I hope the protest was worth it in any case.

Am I missing something?

Protester likely picked it up before the protest is what I've read.

In any event it demonstrates that for public health reasons the protests are not a good idea.

Am I missing something?
It's called bullshit, person probably wasn't even there but hey lets link someone who will remain anonymous off course to being at the protests and lets make a scene showing how dangerous large gatherings can be but also try to cover our arse at the same time claiming he probably didn't get it at the protest.

It was one of the most predictable set up's of this pandemic once the protests were allowed to proceed.

It's called bullshit, person probably wasn't even there but hey lets link someone who will remain anonymous off course to being at the protests and lets make a scene showing how dangerous large gatherings can be but also try to cover our arse at the same time claiming he probably didn't get it at the protest.

It was one of the most predictable set up's of this pandemic once the protests were allowed to proceed.

Pretty spot on this - as predictable as the sun coming up tomorrow

Yep, you know what else is amazing, not one case has been linked to any of the major or smaller shopping centres since the people were allowed to flock back in their thousands, packed houses every weekend for the last 4 weeks and not one case because that's where money needs to get spent.

pretty much what I thought before they'd even staged the protest.
The Vic Government last week saying they won't issue fines to those attending, a positive case is what they wanted, real or mythical, they were getting one.

We received the "return to sport - indoors" regulations and restrictions last night for our basketball competitions / associations, and it's all so red-taped and illogical, it's not even worth the effort of trying.

Yep, you know what else is amazing, not one case has been linked to any of the major or smaller shopping centres since the people were allowed to flock back in their thousands, packed houses every weekend for the last 4 weeks and not one case because that's where money needs to get spent.

Cue - Ch7, Ch9 with "Second Wave Fears" headlines for the next week.
Scripts are being written as we speak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man those people protesting last weekend in Melbourne are now spreading the coronavirus.

Let’s all protest during the biggest world shutdown we have ever known with a pandemic at its highest peak world wide.

Yay to the stupid mindless brainwashed protestors. Can they be any more stupid.

It’s a pandemic for ffs.

THIS

UNEMPLOYED IDIOTS!!!!

CAMPAIGNERS THE LOT OF THEM

You'd think of a protest march is too dangerous to take place we're a bit away from opening borders.
No it's totally fine to travel if you're spending money

NSW had been sitting on between 350 - 450 active cases for months, then yesterday, 107 active cases were declared recovered.
The state has 225 active cases now, Australia has now dropped to 301 overall.
Victoria has 49 now, first day the active total has been under 50 since April 29

NSW had been sitting on between 350 - 450 active cases for months, then yesterday, 107 active cases were declared recovered.
The state has 225 active cases now, Australia has now dropped to 301 overall.
Victoria has 49 now, first day the active total has been under 50 since April 29
NSW numbers have been over reported for weeks. They've barely seen any numbers in cases for weeks but the number was still high which would suggest that hundreds of individual weren't recovering after >1 month (which isn't true). I'd imagine the 'real' active cases is much lower than 225 and probably sits somewhere closer to Victoria but they don't have the accurate data from those outstanding cases yet.

NSW numbers have been over reported for weeks. They've barely seen any numbers in cases for weeks but the number was still high which would suggest that hundreds of individual weren't recovering after >1 month (which isn't true). I'd imagine the 'real' active cases is much lower than 225 and probably sits somewhere closer to Victoria but they don't have the accurate data from those outstanding cases yet.

This is true, NSW weren't recording recoveries early on, and I believe their early data was based on calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back