Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, eventually. Right now the majority still think it can be eradicated and they will never have to deal with it.

they are idiots then. Simply wont happen.

Even if we eradicate it in Australia we cant shut off to the world forever.

Actually, the majority of premiers are following the advice of the Doherty report, it's just that the report is far more nuanced than most people are willing to accept. Right now, the one going rogue is Gladys. If people want a good idea of what the path out looks like, have a read of ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr's comments yesterday, very clearly explained.
Nuance = wiggle room for governments to continue shifting the goalposts. If Barr wants to talk about effective vaccination % then he should acknowledge the diminishing returns as you vaccinate younger and younger people.

We already have ~75% of >50s with at least one dose, which will become 2 doses over the next month or so. Waiting for the 16-30 age group to hit 80% is just prolonging pain for little actual benefit.

It was in relation to wearing them when case numbers are extremely low or the pandemic is not a thing.

Legally forcing millions into wearing them in such scenarios is garbage.

I’m well aware they can be washed. Still doesn’t change the fact that people are wearing these germ ridden things, then placing them in their pockets like their phone and then constantly touching them. Nobody should have to carry one around in their pocket long term.

It’s also funny for a West Australian go be telling people how to feel about them. How many days have you worn them for exactly? Couldn’t imagine it has been too many.

Anyone saying they are comfortable or don’t bother them at all wearing them all the time is a complete liar.

They use them differently over in WA.

The majority? It’s all or nothing, once one deviates from the plan the rest aren’t going to stick to it. You really think McGowan will allow cases in the state of WA?
Right now, it's Gladys that is deviating from the plan, not McGowan. She has painted it as get to 80 per cent and all bets are off but the Doherty report specifically mentions keeping case numbers down and easing out of restrictions. Again, read what Andrew Barr had to say, he puts it succinctly and accurately.

Nuance = wiggle room for governments to continue shifting the goalposts. If Barr wants to talk about effective vaccination % then he should acknowledge the diminishing returns as you vaccinate younger and younger people.

We already have ~75% of >50s with at least one dose, which will become 2 doses over the next month or so. Waiting for the 16-30 age group to hit 80% is just prolonging pain for little actual benefit.
They are the ones catching and spreading it also younger children. If you are a parent of young children would you want to open up before your children can be vaccinated?

Rona has warped your brain pal. You need to see a shrink

You live in SA. No restrictions. Many Freedoms. Go out and enjoy your freedom rather than clogging this thread daily with your boring copy and paste job.

Is SA that boring or do you have no life? I clocked the CBD in half a day the last time I was in Adelaide but surely there are other things to do.

They are the ones catching and spreading it also younger children. If you are a parent of young children would you want to open up before your children can be vaccinated?
I am, and their personal risk from Covid is basically zero. Continuing restrictions on school and social activities are doing them far more damage than Covid would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick, wear a piece of cloth by yourself outside because the tv told you too!!!

Clown

Nah, because the Government has asked me to bear a minimal personal inconvenience to make the lives of the actual people trying to deal with the pandemic - you know; doctors, nurses, contact tracers, police et al - a bit easier. Yeah it's a little annoying when it's sunny, and I'm out for a walk, and my sunglasses fog up. Especially seeing as I didn't have to do it until the selfish flog types decided that they could ignore anything and everything asked of them, so we all end up a bit worse off. But I can handle that, because I'm brave and strong, unlike the Sovereign Citizen Freedum Fighters who have a meltdown about it, when it's their actions that lead to this stuff.

I am, and their personal risk from Covid is basically zero. Continuing restrictions on school and social activities are doing them far more damage than Covid would.
Can we quit with common sense in here, please?

If Lisa Wilkonson didn't say it, it doesn't count!

Rona > everything else and if you don't wear your mask in all the illogical situations you're 'told to' you're an anti-vax freedom fighter

Nah, because the Government has asked me to bear a minimal personal inconvenience to make the lives of the actual people trying to deal with the pandemic - you know; doctors, nurses, contact tracers, police et al - a bit easier. Yeah it's a little annoying when it's sunny, and I'm out for a walk, and my sunglasses fog up. Especially seeing as I didn't have to do it until the selfish flog types decided that they could ignore anything and everything asked of them, so we all end up a bit worse off. But I can handle that, because I'm brave and strong, unlike the Sovereign Citizen Freedum Fighters who have a meltdown about it, when it's their actions that lead to this stuff.
The government hasn't asked you, they've told you under threat of criminal sanctions. If they merely asked then hardly anyone would wear them even though the risk hasn't changed.

If they merely asked then hardly anyone would wear them

Therein lies the problem, doesn't it.

"I don't have coronavirus, I'm going to have an engagement party because I am getting married and that's more important to me than the wellbeing of others and why should I have to wear a mask because I know I don't have coronavirus."

Whoops.

Just obey the Government and do whatever they tell you to do then i guess, they always have our best interests in mind.

Just obey the Government and do whatever they tell you to do then i guess, they always have our best interests in mind.

What a moronic statement.

Is the government perfect and infallible? No. Does the Health department care more about the wellbeing of society than random citizens obsessed with their personal freedoms and conveniences? Yes.

What a moronic statement.

Is the government perfect and infallible? No. Does the Health department care more about the wellbeing of society than random citizens obsessed with their personal freedoms and conveniences? Yes.
Is this the same Health department that advised people at the footy to duck & dodge footballs at the game for their own safety?

Premiers play political football for 18 months and people still think these leaders are just doing what's best for the people.

That's a level of dumb I am sad to see exists

Keep in mind they could afford to play these games with your lives during a 'deadly' pandemic. Christ if it were deadly I don't think they could afford the time for games but maybe that's just me with that pesky common sense again

Unless he plans for WA to stay isolated forever than he will sooner or later have to deal with it.

COVID aint going anywhere, ever. If the eastern states get their vaccination rates up to the required number and Open WA wont have a choice eventually.

The government needs to understand that you can't eliminate a respiratory virus. It's here to stay, accept it and get on with life.

If playgrounds are shut may as well close all kindergartens as well.........

Daniel Andrews has 800 deaths hanging over his head from 2020. But how many more are the result of his tyranny ? Job losses, family/domestic violence, suicides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back