Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is trying to find a good news story to motivate her State and get the numbers up quicker

you cant starve the freedum fighters they need to be able to get their ready meals and go back home to be isolated away from society.
Well exactly, it's about punishing the nonconformists rather than about public health. This country becomes worse by the day.

Well exactly, it's about punishing the nonconformists rather than about public health. This country becomes worse by the day.
The non conformists are part of the public health problem
agree this country becomes worse by the day...too many idiots.

When international travel gets back up and going I reckon they'll either recognise it or not require vaccine passports. I think Australia will do the same with the Chinese vaccine, be absolute economic suicide to prevent Chinese people from coming into the country whilst allowing others.

If we add the Russian vaccine to the list then travelling overseas as an Aussie is going to start to resemble travelling as an American.
What do you mean here?

Israel’s health minister said on Thursday that people over 40 and teachers would be eligible for a third dose of Pfizer/BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine, expanding its booster campaign to fend off the coronavirus Delta variant.

The French scientist who promoted the discredited hydroxychloroquine treatment for Covid-19 backed by Donald Trump faces being pushed out of the infectious diseases institute he founded amid concerns from key members over its role in feeding conspiracy theories and an investigation by regulators into its clinical studies.

Brazil has had 36,315 new cases of the novel coronavirus reported in the past 24 hours, and 979 deaths from Covid-19, the health ministry said on Thursday.

The South American country has now registered 20,494,212 cases since the pandemic began, while the official death toll has risen to 572,641, according to ministry data, in the world’s third worst outbreak outside the US and India and its second-deadliest after the US.

As vaccination advances, the rolling 7-day average of Covid deaths has fallen to less that one third of the toll of almost 3,000 a day at the peak of the pandemic in April.

The French scientist who promoted the discredited hydroxychloroquine treatment for Covid-19 backed by Donald Trump faces being pushed out of the infectious diseases institute he founded amid concerns from key members over its role in feeding conspiracy theories and an investigation by regulators into its clinical studies.

Whilst in no way throwing my lot in with hydroxychloroquine, is that how the scientific world works now? Disagree with popular opinion and get marginalized? I though it was what made science great, the ability to challenge the norm and create anew?

I wonder which camp Louis Pasteur would fall into using today's arguments?

Whilst in no way throwing my lot in with hydroxychloroquine, is that how the scientific world works now? Disagree with popular opinion and get marginalized? I though it was what made science great, the ability to challenge the norm and create anew?

No, but if you ignore scientific rigour there has to be some repercussion.

Multiple studies, including by the Recovery trial and the World Health Organization, have found hydroxychloroquine to be ineffective in treating Covid-19.

this is all true but also irrelevant. it's not a risk issue but a marketing issue.

the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 was lauded as 'the greatest smartphone of all time' upon release until they started to mysteriously blow up. failure rate was less than 0.01% devices (35 reported cases in over 2.5 million sold). although the product was eventually recalled the damage was already done. most consumers had already decided to opt for the 'safer' alternatives (iPhone, Pixel etc).

that's all well and good but Samsung's being shit didn't kill people nor did they shut down a countries economy.

so not a great comparison.

the message is just get ****ing vaccinated!

I don't think there's an issue with arguing the science............i guess the point is that the science says get vaccinated.

kind of like trying to find science argue the earth is flat.........it doesn't exist.

I don't think there's an issue with arguing the science............i guess the point is that the science says get vaccinated.

kind of like trying to find science argue the earth is flat.........it doesn't exist.

That's true but even in this day and age flat earthers seem more prominent than ever. I feel like flat earthers could easily be hardcore Christians, or Nazis, or feminists, or Qanon followers etc etc, some people can be easily led and love an ideology to hang onto.

That's true but even in this day and age flat earthers seem more prominent than ever. I feel like flat earthers could easily be hardcore Christians, or Nazis, or feminists, or Qanon followers etc etc, some people can be easily led and love an ideology to hang onto.

some peoples stupidity needs to be managed for their own good.

Hence why i'm for governments mandating things like vaccines.

If some dumbass wants to believe the worlds flat then whatever, that doesn't harm people. But their choice not to get a vaccine does.

If some dumbass wants to believe the worlds flat then whatever, that doesn't harm people. But their choice not to get a vaccine does.

Vaccinated people can still transmit the rona to other vaccinated people as well as non vaccinated people. Vaccinated people just get off slightly lighter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vaccinated people can still transmit the rona to other vaccinated people as well as non vaccinated people. Vaccinated people just get off slightly lighter.

if by getting off slightly better you mean they don't die than ok?

the vaccine never stopped you transmitting the virus, dunno why people keep even mentioning this. It just helps you not get very sick from it and die from it.

some peoples stupidity needs to be managed for their own good.

Hence why i'm for governments mandating things like vaccines.

This is true. Generally I'm not a fan of giving governments powers like this but you're spot on.

If I was the Bondi Chauffer,I would be demanding a mask and a Vax even if the government didnt think to mandate it.

Wonder if he was a freedum fighter ???

So if we're all vaccinated that would mean we are still transmitting the virus but a much lower percentage are getting very ill. Then we're in a situation where we can cop having case numbers and open things up, isn't that why we should all get vaccinated?

So if we're all vaccinated that would mean we are still transmitting the virus but a much lower percentage are getting very ill. Then we're in a situation where we can cop having case numbers and open things up, isn't that why we should all get vaccinated?

The way things are tracking there would still be a lockdown with 1-10 new cases for most states. Only Queen Gladys is comfortable living with it seeding.

The way things are tracking there would still be a lockdown with 1-10 new cases for most states. Only Queen Gladys is comfortable living with it seeding.

As I understand it there's an agreement with states that once we hit 80% vaccination there will be tolerance for cases. At this point anyway, presuming death rates are low. Even from what Scomo was saying today it appears the vaccinated will have more freedoms than those who don't get it.

If the virus is transmitting freely through the community then case numbers are no longer relevant. Only those who get sick should matter.

This will be a massive reality check for our Premiers.

As I understand it there's an agreement with states that once we hit 80% vaccination there will be tolerance for cases. At this point anyway, presuming death rates are low. Even from what Scomo was saying today it appears the vaccinated will have more freedoms than those who don't get it.
Hahahaha surely by now you realise that the states couldn’t give a shit about each other and will do whatever they want.

Hahahaha surely by now you realise that the states couldn’t give a sh*t about each other and will do whatever they want.

And Gladys keeps forgetting to mention the second part of her promise. It's not only opening up at 80% but cases also have to be very low as well as you cant open up at 80% and 1000 cases a day. So more lies and false hope.

And Gladys keeps forgetting to mention the second part of her promise. It's not only opening up at 80% but cases also have to be very low as well as you cant open up at 80% and 1000 cases a day. So more lies and false hope.

They are all as bad as each other, wouldn't trust any of them to stick to the agreement.

If the virus is transmitting freely through the community then case numbers are no longer relevant. Only those who get sick should matter.

This will be a massive reality check for our Premiers.
Should have always been the metric. Except we're the only ones with a large section of both government and public fapping over 'cases'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back