News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The average age of corona virus deaths is 82. That surely tells you something. I would hope.

I can't believe I keep having to post this but deaths aren't the only thing that affects people, ffs.

Sure, the average age of deaths is old. The hospitalization rates are a serious cause for concern.

Many people who are hospitalised by this thing end up really, really ****ed up.

Screenshot_2020-10-11-22-33-20~2.png

Its going to linger in the teens indefinitely I reckon.
A week on and were still stuck in the teens. Andrews and Sutton aren’t going to get 0 for 2 weeks or even under 5 any time soon. Covid fatigue will see to that. They need another plan.

World Health Organisation urges world leaders to stop using lockdown.

How is this going to get Andrews re-elected?

If anyone doesn't believe that this circus is now predominately politically motivated, then they are tripping.

15-0 today.

lol who's have thunked that Andrews plan wouldn't work? What's he going to do now? We won't be seeing under five new cases over a population of 6.689 million people anytime soon.

And that's reported cases and as the majority of people aren't on deaths door and requiring hospitalization. How many cases are going unreported? A farce this is.

Open the ****ing gates and get on with life !

Last week the CHO said 'it will be touch and go whether we get under 70 cases in 14 days by the cut off date'.

7 days later we have 80 new cases - its just more of the the blind leading the blind in this state.

I have no confidence that the guys in charge have any idea what they are doing re management of these smaller clusters - and that leaves us with the only solution as total lockdown, lockdown, lockdown across Melbourne.

It's a sledgehammer to open an acorn but given the incompetence in this state it's effectively the only solution.

Last week the CHO said 'it will be touch and go whether we get under 70 cases in 14 days by the cut off date'.

7 days later we have 80 new cases - its just more of the the blind leading the blind in this state.

I have no confidence that the guys in charge have any idea what they are doing re management of these smaller clusters - and that leaves us with the only solution as total lockdown, lockdown, lockdown across Melbourne.

It's a sledgehammer to open an acorn but given the incompetence in this state it's effectively the only solution.

The CHO does as he's told.

Media Criticizes Trump For Downplaying Virus Threat By Not Dying

October 6th, 2020

article-7157-2.jpg

WASHINGTON, D.C—President Donald Trump is once again under fire from the media for recklessly downplaying the danger of COVID by refusing to die.

As the president begins to show signs of recovery, many worry that this sends the wrong message about the seriousness of the global pandemic.

“Every hour that he lives is another hour that the severity of this virus is undermined!” said reporter Sara Grace Major for CNN. “Why won’t he just DIE and show the American people how deadly this virus truly is?”

“Mr. President, are you sure you don’t need to lie down indefinitely or go on a ventilator?” asked another distraught journalist. “Maybe even say goodbye to your loved ones?!”

“Honestly, I feel terrific. Tremendous, really. I was never afraid of this virus before, but now I am even more not afraid. It’s sad, really. I was told this virus would be one tough cookie,“ Trump said to the press. “In fact, I’ve never felt better.”

“His defiance is going to get people killed. Dying like he’s supposed to would be the most patriotic thing he could do,” complained CNN correspondent Adam Pelot. “If he lives, how will the people be able to trust science?"

At publishing time, members of the press had begun pulling their own hair out as they watched the "incredibly strong and healthy" president go for a jog around the White House grounds.

CHO chasing a complete eradication policy... at the expense of everything else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Eccles' resignation statement confirms he was on the phone to Graham Ashton on March 27

View attachment 983246
Are people still focused on who’s decision it was to use private security, biggest distraction of all time..
how about find out who gave a 50m contract to a company which wasn’t a preferred contractor, who had less then 80 employees at the time, who then managed to go over budget by almost 50% by hiring people on minimum wage..

Are people still focused on who’s decision it was to use private security, biggest distraction of all time..
how about find out who gave a 50m contract to a company which wasn’t a preferred contractor, who had less then 80 employees at the time, who then managed to go over budget by almost 50% by hiring people on minimum wage..

How is this going to get Andrews re-elected?

There is no way the Labor party will get him to run in the 2022 election. They'd be handing victory to a party they wiped the floor with at the last election.

One word. Pakula.

More words. Andrews was involved in everything.

One word. Pakula.

More words. Andrews was involved in everything.
Remember Eccles was the one who apparently 'forgot' to tell Andrews that the ADF was on offer to Victoria.

The noose is starting to tighten on Andrews and his advisers - as it needs to be.

Of course Andrews made the decision to use private security - or more correctly - the decision not to use the ADF - to think anything else is naive and lacks an understanding of how key decisions are made in the Victorian public sector.

It's now up to the Board Inquiry to cast doubt on Andrews and his evidence and then he will be forced to resign.

Remember Eccles was the one who apparently 'forgot' to tell Andrews that the ADF was on offer to Victoria.

The noose is starting to tighten on Andrews and his advisers - as it needs to be.

Of course Andrews made the decision to use private security - or more correctly - the decision not to use the ADF - to think anything else is naive and lacks an understanding of how key decisions are made in the Victorian public sector.

It's now up to the Board Inquiry to cast doubt on Andrews and his evidence and then he will be forced to resign.

Do you think we could bundle Andrews and O'Brien and do a trade with NSW for Gladys if we agree to pick up half their salaries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back