Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Team in quarantine.
Not looking good

Fact that one of the tier one exposure sites is the biggest shopping centre in our supporter catchment won’t help our cause.

We play in WA next week- will be interesting what the WA govt does.

If the olympians can get the vacc- surely our players are more deserving.

What a stuff up! Too complacent. Taxi driver on the 14th wasn't wearing a mask. I should have reported him. He was sent in place of my normal senior transport. Vaccine program is really effed up. Why aren't local chemists able to vaccinate? I could do it. I had to stick a line into my cat who needed to receive a drip. :)

Last edited:

Got AZ dose #1 at Mercure Ballarat last week. Lunchtime walk in from work, 15 minutes wait, staff were great, positive atmosphere all round. Had plenty of doses on hand, could have done with more customers. Smooth process, even got a Chuppa Chup.

Vaccine hesitants sh1t me, work with quite a number. All intelligent people, yet the reasoning to "wait for Pfizer" is in many cases beyond stupid. These are people who work with complex issues every day, yet they think the incidence of blood clots is anywhere from 1 in 170,000 to 1 in 1,000! "I heard blah blah blah". FMD stop listening to bullsh1t rumours and social media, and listen to bloody medical experts!

Got AZ dose #1 at Mercure Ballarat last week. Lunchtime walk in from work, 15 minutes wait, staff were great, positive atmosphere all round. Had plenty of doses on hand, could have done with more customers. Smooth process, even got a Chuppa Chup.

Vaccine hesitants sh1t me, work with quite a number. All intelligent people, yet the reasoning to "wait for Pfizer" is in many cases beyond stupid. These are people who work with complex issues every day, yet they think the incidence of blood clots is anywhere from 1 in 170,000 to 1 in 1,000! "I heard blah blah blah". FMD stop listening to bullsh1t rumours and social media, and listen to bloody medical experts!
My neurologist used the old "a full MCG on Grand Final day "as a comparison. He knows me well.

All household contacts though, surely there’s no rash decisions until we actually know it’s out and about in the community. They’ve said that 80 out of 150 odd household contacts have already returned back negative tests. If it’s spreading at less than 50% to people you literally live in the same house with, surely the chances of you getting it just by being in the same shop as someone for 1min are next to zero.
Yeah that's the whole point of an unabated replication rate of 2 point something. It means with zero restrictions nowhere, 100 people will only give it to 200-300 people.

So an average person coming into contact with how many contacts an average person has - it will only give to two of them.

It's just that the law of exponential maths means that even a replication rate of 1.1 is dangerous, let alone 2+. Which is why isolating people in contacts is critical - otherwise you get situations like Italy and New York in Feb-Mar of last year.

People are more likely to die in a road accident - even controlling for the fact that such an accident might be entirely out of your control, and somebody else's fault on the road - than you are to die blood clots.

If people had the same hesitancy, absolutely nobody would drive anywhere.

I think the issue is with public communication - and whilst I think it's ridiculous for people, people are inherently human and biased - that's why science communication is critical.

FYI Pfizer is making people quite ill on first dose and az on second dose.

Even the merest mention of proposed incentives is stupid as people that were thinking about getting it will hold out until there is something in it for them. Shitshow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I went last week I had to sit in waiting area for a while. They called me into jab cubicle and apologised for the wait but said we were still waiting as they had run out! I didn't have to wait too long but the whole process was a bit of a **** up. I even booked and both bookings and walk ins were in the same line and no priority given to bookings. Other half went to Showgrounds yesterday and it was all smooth sailing.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
I had no trouble personally. I think the bookings were a bit superfluous as we all ended up in one tiny queue as far as I could see

Such an obvious thing yet we can't "impede peoples rights". How many people went to that hole knowing the state of the place? And then cry fowl if they can't come back and infect people

But at least that one bloke got to go to the wedding in India and enjoy himself while Covid rips the country apart.

Racism card trumps the safety of real aussies unfortunately

But at least that one bloke got to go to the wedding in India and enjoy himself while Covid rips the country apart.

Racism card trumps the safety of real aussies unfortunately
Bingo. This bullshit just makes me angry. All of us doing the right thing have to suffer at the hands of the few turds of society

Is Bailey Smith closing his eyes as he kisses Bont on the side? I guess most of us wouldn't resist either.
Probably eyes shut fantasising that it's Ben McEvoy.

Team in quarantine.
Not looking good

Slightly overblown. They got tested in morning and most likely have results by tonight ( that how it went for me last week - result by 8pm on the day) and be free to go back to “normal”, assuming they all test negative which is extremely likely. Highpoint is massive and the odds of that one staff member meeting that one positive is remote. The bigger issue is how the whole cluster affects the AFL in general, not our one day isolation event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps an incentive to get the vaccine like some free saucepans or kitchen knives? Maybe a chance for a GF ticket donated by the club? :p

Yanks are doing a lotto in some states aren't they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back