Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact IV “Phasing into the New Normal”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a temporary pay cut for a few months, they will be back to their full pay shortly.

End of the day though they are doing what they can to ensure the financial survival of the league and a number of clubs. The longer you draw it out the more financial strain you are putting on things with something like only 6 clubs able to survive in the long run without the season going ahead.

But with all things, if they choose not to play, forego their salary and don't want to accept the terms than their would be other players in lower leagues who would take that chance.

It doesn't make the restrictions any better, but it's unfortunately a necessary evil for the greater good.
How much extra money is being spent right now on measures which may become unnecessary if the season started 4-6 weeks later? How many games could we get with crowds if the season started later?

How much extra money is being spent right now on measures which may become unnecessary if the season started 4-6 weeks later? How many games could we get with crowds if the season started later?

Big crowds aren't going to happen until there's a vaccine in place, that's anywhere from 6-18 months if one does even get developed

Big crowds aren't going to happen until there's a vaccine in place, that's anywhere from 6-18 months if one does even get developed

We only get big crowds here without a vaccine if we eliminate the virus in WA, and the open up quicker crowd think elimination is impossible, so it's a real catch 22 for them.

We only get big crowds here without a vaccine if we eliminate the virus in WA, and the open up quicker crowd think elimination is impossible, so it's a real catch 22 for them.

Elimination in WA only works if new people into the state get quarantined for the mandatory 14 days, hard to see the AFL agreeing to have teams do that.

Who? I work from home but get out heaps

Same here, working from home and still getting paid my normal wage, i work in shipping so considered essential. In saying that i do know how lucky i am at the moment to have no real difference to my life and most certainly feel for those not so fortunate.

Here's one of those little coincidences that statistically pop up from time to time. It's not going to last...

Population by country - Australia currently ranks 54th.
Coronavirus cases - Australia ranks 54th.
And Aus in the only country in the top 60 that holds for.

Population - 25.46 Mill, above Niger (24.09M) and below Ivory Coast (26.29M)
C-19 cases - 7068, above Morocco (7023) and below Algeria (7377)

In case anyone hasn't guessed, I'm bored. But it could be worse... a lot worse.

We have hit the unfortunate milestone of triple digit deaths - 100 - but it has taken ages to get there.

For perspective:
- We hit 50 deaths on April 8th - 41 days ago
- We are sandwiched between Slovenia and Croatia on the total deaths tally - they have populations of approximately 2 million and 4 million respectively
- Unfortunately, a cluster of much higher population African nations who have so far only recorded double digit deaths are poised to rapidly overtake us on the overall COVID-19 death tally

Like many I have been following the stats on https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

It's sad checking in each day to only see another 15-25k cases and 1-2k deaths in the US.

The only good thing with the US is their rates have plateaued a bit and haven't been increasing exponentially anymore.

Although this will be interesting to see what happens after they start lifting restrictions

Like many I have been following the stats on https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

It's sad checking in each day to only see another 15-25k cases and 1-2k deaths in the US.

I watch this too. They've definitely had some success flattening the curve, but the rate of spread and death rate is still way too high to start lifting restrictions.

One quirk I have noticed is that every countries new cases/death rate pretty much halves on weekends.

Large parts of the US are the sorts of spread out communities that usually haven't been hit hard, so it's not surprising that some Americans think the response is over the top, especially with the mixed messages from the leadership.

All up the US is a mess, but I'm guessing Brazil will challenge them for worst response with the UK rounding out the top 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No but a chance he is trolling the media.

In Max's absence, spin this

b1f731a2a54a98229f7f9c775eaf0e8a2f939729eac09fe456352e4b742c69bc_1.jpg

The only good thing with the US is their rates have plateaued a bit and haven't been increasing exponentially anymore.

Although this will be interesting to see what happens after they start lifting restrictions

Don't need to wait. Look at the graphs from Georgia (it's now been about two weeks since they lifted restrictions) - they aren't going down.

Whats everyone thoughts about state boarders being closed? The premier is copping a lot of flak about it.

Personally i am fine with the State ones being closed for the time being as other states are still having outbreaks here and there. Maybe we could stage an opening with a state like SA or NT as long as no other states are able to enter those two states.

BUT i think we should open the intrastate ones sooner than later as it should be pretty safe. If they are worried about the community up North than maybe with the resources they are using to maintain the current regions they could use those to protect the community's.

It is funny how people forget how we were all tracking.....

Whats everyone thoughts about state boarders being closed? The premier is copping a lot of flak about it.

Personally i am fine with the State ones being closed for the time being as other states are still having outbreaks here and there. Maybe we could stage an opening with a state like SA or NT as long as no other states are able to enter those two states.

BUT i think we should open the intrastate ones sooner than later as it should be pretty safe. If they are worried about the community up North than maybe with the resources they are using to maintain the current regions they could use those to protect the community's.

It is funny how people forget how we were all tracking.....
"We don’t want people from the east coming here. Don’t come. We don’t want you. Stay away.”

im fine for it to being closed but there needs to be some exemptions for workers and such

happy to open the border once there has been 2 weeks with no massive jumps on the east coast and very minimal cases.

The remaining internal borders would have to be next on the agenda, and hopefully soon.
Once that is done I doubt that interstate borders will be too far away (assuming the infection rates don't start climbing too high of course).
Gladys is going with July 1st for NSW and I could see us being not too far behind that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back