Cotch tour of ME bank facility

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes mate I went, was a great night! For those who didn't go, Cotch took about 50 or so of us through the ME bank facilities, gym, theatre, pool area and change areas. He also answered questions and ran us through his match prep. Well spoken and a gentleman, we are in great hands!

Yes mate I went, was a great night! For those who didn't go, Cotch took about 50 or so of us through the ME bank facilities, gym, theatre, pool area and change areas. He also answered questions and ran us through his match prep. Well spoken and a gentleman, we are in great hands!

What are the facilities like?

it was cash, free alcohol and whatnot. it was like I was charlie and cotch was willy wonka.

Geez. I knew I should have made this thread before the actual night! Could have met some fellow bigfooty-ers....:p
I thought it was a really good night.

Basically Cotch and a few of the RFC Officials (Marketing etc) took 50 or so of us around the facilities. Went into the Gym, Atrium, player rooms, function areas and rehab centre (ice baths, spas etc).
Cotch spoke in each room, told some stories (alby rance likes to walk around the change rooms with his pecker out) and answered about 4-5 questions from us. Finger foods and drinks were provided. A great night and innovation held by the Club. At the end of the tour, each person was presented with a Trent Cotchin signed and framed starshot..

Facilities are really, really good. Was quite impressed with the gym and there is some huge weights in there (must be for Rance and Gus). One part of the gym has fold down walls, which acts as a heat chamber). The atrium was just like a uni lecture theater. They have leading teams in there and also review footage for upcoming games..
One interesting note is that a lot of players warm up in their before a game at the MCG, as it's so close. Also, if a player suffers a soft tissue injury, their is sleeping quarters in the ME bank center and if the player is willing to stay, a fitness staff will stay with them during the night and wake up every 2 hours to massage and ice the injury to ensure the recovery of the player occurs as quickly as possible

Geez. I knew I should have made this thread before the actual night! Could have met some fellow bigfooty-ers....:p
I thought it was a really good night.

Basically Cotch and a few of the RFC Officials (Marketing etc) took 50 or so of us around the facilities. Went into the Gym, Atrium, player rooms, function areas and rehab centre (ice baths, spas etc).
Cotch spoke in each room, told some stories (alby rance likes to walk around the change rooms with his pecker out) and answered about 4-5 questions from us. Finger foods and drinks were provided. A great night and innovation held by the Club. At the end of the tour, each person was presented with a Trent Cotchin signed and framed starshot..

Don't forget the Grand Final radio thingy. I thought that was pretty cool.

Thought it was interesting how Cotch was saying every player has a MacBook and have to review the entire game afterwards (ie sit through 2 hours of footage) and then rate themselves against some metrics/kpi's whenever they are involved in the play. They then compare notes with the coaching staff who have done the exact same thing.
Mentioned his favorite game of all time was his first when he kicked a goal and Richo gave him a hug! But said that the last 3 games (especially the Melbourne game) were 3 of his favourites given how we fought them out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cotch tour of ME bank facility

Remove this Banner Ad

Back