Cotchin's first win as Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

tiggywigs

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
No surprise that the Cotch lead from the front when we were under the pump in the first half.

A natural leader if ever I saw one.

His ability to impose himself on the contest is exactly what we need at the helm.

I respect Newy, but perhaps his time to relinquish the captaincy has come (at the start of next season of course).

No surprise that the Cotch lead from the front when we were under the pump in the first half.

His ability to impose himself on the contest is exactly what we need at the helm.

I respect Newy, but perhaps his time to relinquish the captaincy has come (at the start of next season of course).

he was on fire then coped a heavy tag. then more importantly broke the tag and lifted the team :thumbsu::heart:

Definitely looks and sounds like Captain material. Just like Newman. Newman doesn't deserve to have the captaincy taken from him. Cotch's time will come.

After reiwoldt he is one of the very few players in our side to be able to do that... :thumbsu: ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon 2013 would be perfect time to hand captaincy on to Cotch. Let him keep playing his natural leaders game without that added burden as he builds his all round game. I'd also like to see Lids given a chance to lead our team next week (if Newy still out). Seems to be improving greatly as a leader with his hardness and work-rate. Be good for all round development I think. Bit worried about Foley though, seems to be struggling.

No..he should realise what is best for the RFC and hand the captaincy over gracefully (in Sept).

I don't see why that's what best for Richmond. Newman is highly respected, courageous and apparently a terrific leader around the club. Tom Harley wasn't anywhere near the best player at Geelong but was considered a great captain (as I've posted often - coincidentally when Geelong started winning flags). I love Cotchin's leadership and work ethic but I reckon it's insulting to Newman to take the captaincy off him at this stage. It's not like Cotchin is 27 and might miss the chance to be captain.

. Newman is highly respected, courageous and apparently a terrific leader around the club.

I've heard he although respected and professional, he is not a 'leader' no more than say Lids. The type of boss that after the 'gee up' meeting, everyone grabs a coffee and says ''nice bloke isn't he...kind of lost my attention after the first 15 minutes though!"

Not wanting to get negative after the great win today....and obviously there was more to it than Cotchin being the captain today. Point taken though, no hurry...even though I believe he is ready and able!

I've heard he although respected and professional, he is not a 'leader' no more than say Lids. The type of boss that after the 'gee up' meeting, everyone grabs a coffee and says ''nice bloke isn't he...kind of lost my attention after the first 15 minutes though!"

Not wanting to get negative after the great win today....and obviously there was more to it than Cotchin being the captain today. Point taken though, no hurry...even though I believe he is ready and able!

The coach must be talking through his clipboard then. He has often lauded Newman's leadership.

Don't think anyone was holding a gun to Hardwick's head when he praised Newman's leadership. Who is your source re his lack of inspiration?

The friend of the guy that mops the floors in the canteen of course:confused:

Anyway...the thread is about Cotchin's first win as Capt. As someone else said, we can only hope there are many more wins...Cotchin or Newman...I couldn't care less TBH!

Don't have to be captain to be a leader. Newy should remain and drive us for at least another year. This is his first year without injury but I'd rather him focus on have a cracking preseason

Loved Cotchs performance today! definatly our next captain no doubt at all, but to take the captaincy of newy is premature! Newy is an outstanding captain and deserves the title!

Cotchs time as captain will come and will be a long term captain aswell!

Remove this Banner Ad

Cotchin's first win as Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back