Could JON bring something into the team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Really think West Coast fancied themselves and thought they could turn a Richmond failure into a success.

There are plenty of kids capable or stepping up if you look hard enough.

I honestly dont think he's cut out for AFL football.

Ninyette will be gone in the ND.

Yep, agreed Ninyette will be gone.

OK, if you said to me Wes Mortin or JON, I'd take Mortin and I'm guessing he could be in the rookie draft. if you said Ryan Davis, I'd take Davis, maybe Sweet, or Carter or Collica from Souths? You're right, you look hard enough you can find something.

Would you see it as more beneficial to take a guy like Mason, who doesn't get enough of it either but has the mental attributes to work his tail off and is 2-3 years younger? Being Lewis' nephew I'm betting we'll give him another year.

He's not even close to being a topliner in the WAFL.

Above average yes, but anything but outstanding.

Little blokes like Elari who have half the physical attributes but better footy brains and work ethic consistently impact matches.

Here's a choice for Swannies.

Myzunghu or JON?

Pretty obvious isnt it.

Chances are Myzunghu will probs be gone by the RD this year.

I'm not as sold on Mzungu as others, because you're comparing a 24 yo with a 19/20 yo. Yes, he's been great this year, but in a team that's won 2 games. Last year he was average, so looks like a late bloomer and that has to work in his favour, how much more can he develop?? I would probably still take him over JON though!:thumbsu:

I'm not as sold on Mzungu as others, because you're comparing a 24 yo with a 19/20 yo. Yes, he's been great this year, but in a team that's won 2 games. Last year he was average, so looks like a late bloomer and that has to work in his favour, how much more can he develop?? I would probably still take him over JON though!:thumbsu:

Fair enough, Tendai never really got himself as fit as he needed to be because of his love for cricket.

Regular fixture for South Perth in the one's over summer, he made the decison to give footy a fair crack with the two new teams coming in.

I think it has paid off in spades, he might not have much more development left in him but **** me, how good is he already?

Might be closer to his ceiling but I'd say it's higher than most others in the WAFL. He's simply too good for WAFL footy.

I think Mason would be worth a shot, Carter would be worth a punt, Collica as well, how Ryan Davis got the chop and Cockie stayed on the list has me stuffed.

And Bods, I doubt he'll ever be a topliner.

Fair enough, Tendai never really got himself as fit as he needed to be because of his love for cricket.

Regular fixture for South Perth in the one's over summer, he made the decison to give footy a fair crack with the two new teams coming in.

I think it has paid off in spades, he might not have much more development left in him but **** me, how good is he already?

Might be closer to his ceiling but I'd say it's higher than most others in the WAFL. He's simply too good for WAFL footy.

I think Mason would be worth a shot, Carter would be worth a punt, Collica as well, how Ryan Davis got the chop and Cockie stayed on the list has me stuffed.

And Bods, I doubt he'll ever be a topliner.

He's definately improving over the season though Pav.

His awareness in his last few games is getting better, and moving to better spots.

His endurance will decide if he can make it or not, if he can improve it he will get to more contests and have a larger influence on games.

Cockie needs a miracle to stay on the list, the conditioning guys have been very unhappy with his commitment, to rehab and recovery.

He's definately improving over the season though Pav.

His awareness in his last few games is getting better, and moving to better spots.

His endurance will decide if he can make it or not, if he can improve it he will get to more contests and have a larger influence on games.

Cockie needs a miracle to stay on the list, the conditioning guys have been very unhappy with his commitment, to rehab and recovery.

Well, you'd expect him to improve wouldnt you?

He's in an AFL environment every week, he should be improving.

Not enough IMO. Like Tambling, he seems determined to run himself into trouble. It's weird, without wanting to get into steretypes, normally outside indigenous players have a knack of avoiding players coming their way.

He always seems to run into trouble.

And Cockie really has stacked on some kilo's, pretty dissappointing you're right.

Love to see some video of him in as a junior or under 18 to see why he was so highly ranked.

clever by west coast though 2005 was a low quality draft so we wait 5 years then pick up guys about to hit their peak between 23 - 27 years old hams, strijke, Jon

Sorry, but apart from a few flashes here and there his WAFL form has been shithouse.

He gives away more free kicks then anyone else in the WAFL, still has an interesting habit of running back into trouble when the space is out wide.

Doesnt get anywhere near enough of the ball for an outside player and to be honest I've seen little improvement.

Seems more interested in going the biff.

Has all the attributes physically, not all there upstairs.

That is so incorrect.
I'm an East Perth member and have seen him improve with every week. He has had major injury problems in the past and needs a strong preseason to get his fitness up. He is a beautiful mover across the ground and a wonderful long straight kick. He is definately not more interested in going the biff! Just how many of his games have you seen??

That is so incorrect.

Which part?

His form has been shithouse, gradually improving from shithouse to mediocre is nothing to hang your hat on.

He does give away more free-kicks than anyone else in the WAFL. Fact.

He doesnt get enough of the ball for an outside player or is 16-18 possies a week good enough in your eyes for an outside link man?

He continues to run himself into trouble.

I have said he has all the attributes physically.

I've seen him play 8 times this year, and have only been mildly impressed once.

I think someone is getting a little upset without due cause.

You ok pumpkin?

He does give away more free-kicks than anyone else in the WAFL. Fact.

I saw on the club website that he had about 14 free kicks given to him and 30 against. He is giving away about 2 a game... not the end of the world but does seem a little high

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The chances of JON becomeing a AFL player is 50/50, the thing that makes it a good decisions to have him on our list is that it cost us next to nothing to get him there.

Richmond made his market value top 10 in a national draft, and we have him on our list at the cost of a RD pick 50 +. meaning we have another first round selection player on our list taken at a time when we where playing in Grand finals and one of the best teams in the Comp.

Talking about Grand Finals.........Mayneman go jump in a tree!!

Thats not very nice Cupar.

You will learn over time that I am the most insightful poster on this sight.

Know your place. :thumbsu:

was wondering what happen to cockie..after his initial appearance at afl level,he disappeared..but certainly looked the goods,solid build etc..
so injured,and lacks commitment..(dont understand how you can be in footy at this level and lack commitment?)

re JON..i thought he had other issues which needed ironing out with time - learning/temperament..reading between the lines,he sounds like a rough diamond who may or may not get polished? hope he comes good,and we get to see him next year.

Sorry, but apart from a few flashes here and there his WAFL form has been shithouse.

He gives away more free kicks then anyone else in the WAFL, still has an interesting habit of running back into trouble when the space is out wide.

Doesnt get anywhere near enough of the ball for an outside player and to be honest I've seen little improvement.

Seems more interested in going the biff.

Has all the attributes physically, not all there upstairs.
Couldn't agree more Pav. Delist cause he's shit.
Stevenson -elevate
Wilson- Elevate
Cockie- retain
Sullivan (re-draft)

Hams-Retain
Strijk-Retain
JON- Delist
Broome- Retain

Will our veterans allow us to elevate Hams and/ or Strijk as well?
Fixed it for you EH :thumbsu:

JON wouldn't bring anything to our team. I guess its sad for some people but he is delist material. If by some miracle his form improves 300% in the WAFL then you can always re-draft him the following year.

Couldn't agree more Pav. Delist cause he's shit.

Fixed it for you EH :thumbsu:

Elevate spud Wilson and retain Cockie who we have no need for? You are having a laugh?

2010 is the perfect year to be adding depth to our rookie list. Garanteed sliders because 90% of clubs will enter the drafts with conservative mindsets to take just 2/3 players.

Mayneman is totally wrong, JON has a greater change of playing regular AFL football than that slow linear and undersized excuse for a KPF he is so in love with down at souths. Keep JON for another year, he's not costing us anything.

JON kicked 6. Well done I have given him stick but his form was very average for a former AFL player but he played awesome today. Needs to play another 3 more games like it though to save his spot IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Could JON bring something into the team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back