Could Lance Franklin end up with the 2nd most amount of finals goals of all-time?

Remove this Banner Ad

As already stated his average in finals is already better than Lockett and Dunstall, which is an amazing feat in this era.

He's a beast. His accuracy in finals is very good as well. High pressure situations seem to bring out the best in him. So glad he is playing for Hawthorn.

quote="Necromancer Beth, post: 25743711, member: 129525"]Iconsidering he isn't a traditional FF like so many on this list!

.[/quote]

What position would you say Buddy plays?

You say he is not a traditional full forward but Hawthorn kick to him in the forward 50 more often than not.

Like most forwards these days bar Hawkins and Jack Riewoldt, he is required to work up the ground. Explains why he averages 18 touches a game this year and leads the goal assist averages for the competition.

2008 he was a traditional full forward and got 200 odd scoring shots that year. Since then we have asked more of him and his possessions per game, goal assists, score involvements and tackles have went up, whilst still getting around 6 or 7 scoring shots a game. He is the prototype for 21st century forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, but it is fun watching guys mow down records. Franklin has probably given off more than these other guys as well, as he led the league for goal assist average for players who played over 11 games this year!

I for one like stats and will enjoy watching him give it a shake!
Having some chance of being 2nd at something is not mowing down records.

The one that sticks on that list for me is Aker. Despite him being a tool, it's easy to forget how good he was.
I would have said Sticks is the one who stands out. That strike rate is amazing.
For some reason whenever I think of Sticks and goals, that vision of his ROFLCOPTER out on the full to win the game against Essendon is tattooed on my brain. It's easy to forget though that he was a pretty good full forward.

Surely the question is will Buddy be ahead of Ron Todd after the GF??
They are level on 1 premiership medal each... So, yeah, I hope so.

I'm mainly hoping Buddy will do his bit on Saturday evening and help put the Hawks into the GF. I'm not fazed about how many kicks and I don't reckon he is either. It's all about the TEAM with Buddy.

If we can get to the GF, then I'll settle for him equalling Dermott Brereton's 1985 tally of 8 goals. :)

I would have said Sticks is the one who stands out. That strike rate is amazing.
For some reason whenever I think of Sticks and goals, that vision of his ROFLCOPTER out on the full to win the game against Essendon is tattooed on my brain. It's easy to forget though that he was a pretty good full forward.

I hated sticks on field because the guy was absolute star.. one the best centre half forwards of all time (even with those helicopter kicks that always seemed to go through the sticks).. used to tear us new ones regularly. I met him a few times when i was a youngster and rates amongst the nicest footballers ive met.

Who cares? Finals is about teamwork, not individual glory.

Yet, every time he doesn't kick a bag in a final, whether Hawthorn win or lose the goons come out and say that he is overrated because he doesn't perform in the big games. They conveniently overlook it when he does though.

The guy can't win with you idiots either way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Lance Franklin end up with the 2nd most amount of finals goals of all-time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back