COVID-19 / Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, fair assessment Bris. I suppose how we measure the handling of the pandemic we first and foremost measure it against the KPI’s within our own country, and by doing that Victoria is a clear bottom of the barrel.

There’s no playbook that’s perfect for the pandemic, I get that, but wasn’t it also mooted very publicly that DA will clearly and directly only take real instruction from his health advisors? Mikakos lost me the day she publicly shamed the first doctor who un-knowingly passed it on to patients at his clinic in Brighton.

The “I know best” attitude of Andrews has been an unmitigated disaster and now we are all paying for it. It’s not all on DA, I get that but he is the leader of the state so it starts and ends with him.
Mikakos lost me when she declared the meat packing company investigation perfect. Another lie from the Labor Hymn book for trained mutts.

Corrupt ?
- Lying about crime figures pre-election
- Branch stacking

they all branch stack - how do you think Morrison got elected. He destroyed the character of the guy that won the pre selection ballot

Mikakos lost me when she declared the meat packing company investigation perfect. Another lie from the Labor Hymn book for trained mutts.
Are you suggesting only the ALP try and cover their arses when the shit hits the fan?

It's what they all do, cover and deny, spin and if that doesn't work sacrifice someone to the mob and move on.

NSW had Ruby Princess and finger pointing between state and federal and that was all Libs.

Tassie had an outbreak that forced the strictest local shutdown so far in Australia.

Queensland went to the voting booth during this.

SA had the baggage handlers at the airport.

Mistakes happen and outbreaks happen even if there are no mistakes from the authorities.

Cedar meats was a **** up no doubt but if the health minister came out and didn't back the medical teams and the processes we'd have bigger issues.

There are enough people not trusting doctors or governments right now.

Personally I preferred it when both sides were working together in the thick of it. There is still support but the backstabbing is returning and that hurts us all

The “I know best” attitude of Andrews has been an unmitigated disaster and now we are all paying for it. It’s not all on DA, I get that but he is the leader of the state so it starts and ends with him.

What a load of garbage. We all know where your biases are, but there's a reason Dan Andrews one of the most popular leaders in this country, and a big part of that has been his approach to this disaster.

Community spread has always been considerably higher in Melbourne than other states. The reasons have been mentioned in this thread already quite coherently, but they've been obvious from day 1 and it's why we've been much slower in reopening than other states - much to the outrage of every right wing nut in this state. "Pig headed, "smug prick", we've heard it all. The moment we ease slightly and numbers go up, these same hypocrites want to point the finger at the same guy.

None of this is a surprise. This is still the first wave. Expect a second maybe even a third before a vaccine comes along.

What a load of garbage. We all know where your biases are, but there's a reason Dan Andrews one of the most popular leaders in this country, and a big part of that has been his approach to this disaster.

Community spread has always been considerably higher in Melbourne than other states. The reasons have been mentioned in this thread already quite coherently, but they've been obvious from day 1 and it's why we've been much slower in reopening than other states - much to the outrage of every right wing nut in this state. "Pig headed, "smug prick", we've heard it all. The moment we ease slightly and numbers go up, these same hypocrites want to point the finger at the same guy.

None of this is a surprise. This is still the first wave. Expect a second maybe even a third before a vaccine comes along.
Don't expect a vaccine, do expect multiple waves or 'hotspots', definitely don't expect this is going away anytime soon - years - but please do take it seriously. It's time for the right wing fascists to shut the **** up.

Mate it's not Mikakos giving the advice she's just the political spokesperson like Hunt is federally when they want a politician talking but not the PM or Premier

I know who Mikakos is and what her role is, unfortunately the 3 stooges of DA/Mikakos and Sutton make a terrible team.

Don't expect a vaccine, do expect multiple waves or 'hotspots', definitely don't expect this is going away anytime soon - years - but please do take it seriously. It's time for the right wing fascists to shut the fu** up.

You need a chamomile tea and go and take a seat in your vegi garden and ponder life old boy. Your anger is concerning.

As much as where my bias lays I also know the same of a number of people here.. I’ve seen the very same posters who have the poms poms out for commie Dan also belittle and name call Scomo. It’s the world we live in.

There has been some aspects of DA’s decision making I concede where right, but factually he has been the worst performer in this disaster and it’s Victorian’s who suffer.

NSW had an every bit as a challenging landscape to navigate, probably even more so and Gladys has done an extraordinary job... More Gladys and less Dan for mine 👍👍

He's not being investigated by the police...
One side of politics wants a federal icac, the other has put it on the backburner for 18 months after being dragged kicking & screaming to the table. Is that not instructive?
How the hell do Angus Taylor (Clover Moore doctored paperwork), Stuart Robert (charged taxpayers $2000 per month for home internet, Robodebt fiasco, my gov 'hacked' oops not hacked just broken) and Dutton (Ruby Princess) still have a seat in parliament, let alone their portfolios? Not forgetting sports rorts which was given the tick of approval by Morrison's office.
Yes, both Labor and the LNP are dodgy but one never seems to be held to account...🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as where my bias lays I also know the same of a number of people here.. I’ve seen the very same posters who have the poms poms out for commie Dan also belittle and name call Scomo. It’s the world we live in.

There has been some aspects of DA’s decision making I concede where right, but factually he has been the worst performer in this disaster and it’s Victorian’s who suffer.

NSW had an every bit as a challenging landscape to navigate, probably even more so and Gladys has done an extraordinary job... More Gladys and less Dan for mine 👍👍
I'll expect you to get stuck into Gladys when the inevitable clusters appear in NSW because 'it starts and ends with her'

Are you suggesting only the ALP try and cover their arses when the sh*t hits the fan?

It's what they all do, cover and deny, spin and if that doesn't work sacrifice someone to the mob and move on.

NSW had Ruby Princess and finger pointing between state and federal and that was all Libs.

Tassie had an outbreak that forced the strictest local shutdown so far in Australia.

Queensland went to the voting booth during this.

SA had the baggage handlers at the airport.

Mistakes happen and outbreaks happen even if there are no mistakes from the authorities.

Cedar meats was a fu** up no doubt but if the health minister came out and didn't back the medical teams and the processes we'd have bigger issues.

There are enough people not trusting doctors or governments right now.

Personally I preferred it when both sides were working together in the thick of it. There is still support but the backstabbing is returning and that hurts us all
I dont need to mention anything else to divert my point... Mikakos was emphatically wrong. Thats my only point. Try and divert if you will. I will leave you to drown in that bucket.

Last edited:
What’s the need when no one has done it?
Don't take it personally. It's a common exchange on these forums.

Poster A: "Read this article..."
Poster B: "It's behind a paywall!"
Anybody: *Copy and pastes entire article*
Mod: *Deletes post*
Mod: "Don't copy and paste articles"

Very reasonable upon seeing that common exchange starting to just pre-emptively post the warning before anybody tries to help out by copying the entire article into a post. Save the mods having to come back later to potentially clean it up and then still end up having to post the same warning anyway.

What a load.

I'll expect you to get stuck into Gladys when the inevitable clusters appear in NSW because 'it starts and ends with her'

Difference between clusters and uncontrollable spread. Mikakos said transmission is going at 2.5 people for every person that’s infected, that’s a little more than a cluster.

Come on people
The only way this was ever going to become virus free land was to take the decision making process away from government.
Governments are not single focus groups, they are conflicted, they worry about far too much by way of popularity, party ideology, economics to want to do the what was clearly the next best thing for the greater percentage of our 25 million people.
Just shut down the friggin borders and go about being a self-sufficient island that we could be.
Ahh but world economics gets in the way.

We were so close to being a clean, state and country but then we had to start letting in international students that see Australia as a cleaner place than the shithole they were stuck in, people with dual passports that want to pick and choose which country is a best fit.
Shut the borders, clean up our own back yard, govern for Australia 1st not the rest of the world.

Last edited:
Come on people
The only way this was ever going to become virus free land was to take the decision making process away from government.
Governments are not single focus groups, they are conflicted, they worry about far too much by way of popularity, party ideology, economics to want to do the what was clearly the next best thing for the greater percentage of our 25 million people.
Just shut down the friggin borders and go about being a self-sufficient island that we could be.
Ahh but world economics gets in the way.

We were so close to being a clean, state and country but then we had to start letting in international students that see Australia as a cleaner place than the shithole they were stuck in, people with dual passports that want to pick and choose which country is a best fit.
Shut the borders, clean up our own back yard, govern for Australia 1st not the rest of the world.

Nail on the head my friend.. I was going to post something very very similar but refrained out of fear that the leftists would claim I was being racist, but what you are saying is absolutely spot on. Dual citizens should have been given a deadline to get back into the country, if they don't make it then it's to bad so sad. Our biggest % of international returnees are from India and Pakistan, unbelievable.

Nail on the head my friend.. I was going to post something very very similar but refrained out of fear that the leftists would claim I was being racist, but what you are saying is absolutely spot on. Dual citizens should have been given a deadline to get back into the country, if they don't make it then it's to bad so sad. Our biggest % of international returnees are from India and Pakistan, unbelievable.

So who do you reckon is letting them in? Dan Andrews?

The buck stops with the rabble that control the borders by your very own definition of accountability. Andrews is just cleaning up their mess.

Remove this Banner Ad

COVID-19 / Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back