COVID-19 / Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

I think tige19 &@TylerDurden are conveying the lack public confidence and sentiment in the system and government that control at the moment, rather than picking apart the science and professionals.

Yes, I think you need to distinguish between what the medical professionals are saying, which we need to follow as best we can.

But the politicians on the other hand are just playing politics. State premiers are all scrambling to give the impression they are controlling the problem, and I mean both sides.
They just try to do whatever is needed to maintain their votes.

Yes, I’m very cynical about politicians!

I think tige19 &@TylerDurden are conveying the lack public confidence and sentiment in the system and government that control at the moment, rather than picking apart the science and professionals.

I think to suggest the “system” is broken because there is ambiguity about a high profile test and there has been an outbreak in parts of Melbourne says more about political alignment than any actual evidence.

The first contributions to outbreaks in Melbourne we’re a couple from the upper crust of Melbourne swanning around the shops and down to the Mornington peninsula despite general health advice and the advice they have received personally.

History doesn’t repeat, but it rhymes. The Keilor Downs cluster starts with a person who doesn’t follow advice again.

Systems are not impervious to the behaviour of individuals. You’ve been to your local shopping centre. They stand on the dot and stay behind the line when it is presented to them but outside that structure everyone does what they’ve always done.

I think to suggest the “system” is broken because there is ambiguity about a high profile test and there has been an outbreak in parts of Melbourne says more about political alignment than any actual evidence.

The first contributions to outbreaks in Melbourne we’re a couple from the upper crust of Melbourne swanning around the shops and down to the Mornington peninsula despite general health advice and the advice they have received personally.

History doesn’t repeat, but it rhymes. The Keilor Downs cluster starts with a person who doesn’t follow advice again.

Systems are not impervious to the behaviour of individuals. You’ve been to your local shopping centre. They stand on the dot and stay behind the line when it is presented to them but outside that structure everyone does what they’ve always done.
Same, Melbourne hob nob flies into Noosa from Aspen and despite advice goes to a party and infects 29.

If I was really ****ing cynical I'd label this a rich mans' disease paid for by sacrifice of the middle and poor classes.

But then I remembered that's just life.

I don't know man, I've seen plenty of people that don't even seem capable of standing on the dot.

I don't know man, I've seen plenty of people that don't even seem capable of standing on the dot.

Like the dots followed in the protests... man?

People are sick of rules for one and not for the other, it's actually comical the constant chess puffing about who can do what and what not.

15 cases today, it's staying steady so based on that we have to be pleased that there are no increases.

People are sick of rules for one and not for the other, it's actually comical the constant chess puffing about who can do what and what not.

How many of these can be tied back to the protest (which happened all over Australia)?

Or is it more the vibe of some people not following the rules?

They should have said clearly that if the shopping malls & their customers can't follow social distancing then we'll close them all again

Should have happened the day after they re opened them

You can go to the shops, but you still have to practice social distancing

How many of these can be tied back to the protest (which happened all over Australia)?

Or is it more the vibe of some people not following the rules?

I don't think Dan would admit or make the connection between the protests and the increase out of fear for public backlash. I think generally, people make the correlation that there has been a huge increase 2-3 weeks after the BLM marches. The ALP probably, likely, to keep that private.

Despite the attempts by the Victorian Government to be completely transparent about the sources of the outbreak, to the extent known, the Liberal party has done a massive disservice in promoting the lie that the BLM protest is the source of the new outbreak in Victoria. Only three individuals out of tens of thousands who attended have been diagnosed with COVID-19.

Of course there were other BLM protests in other States that drew as many, if not more, protesters as the protest in Melbourne. So far, there has been no increase in infections in those other States.

Despite the attempts by the Victorian Government to be completely transparent about the sources of the outbreak, to the extent known, the Liberal party has done a massive disservice in promoting the lie that the BLM protest is the source of the new outbreak in Victoria. Only three individuals out of tens of thousands who attended have been diagnosed with COVID-19.

Of course there were other BLM protests in other States that drew as many, if not more, protesters as the protest in Melbourne. So far, there has been no increase in infections in those other States.

I thought it was 5, I could be wrong.

ALP would not broadcast that data, they know it would be death by a thousand cuts with the public essentially calling for heads to roll, I think there will be many cases with "unknown" as the transmission source.

The LNP are doing exactly what they should, call out the corruptness and ineptitude of DA and his severely underprepared and poorly performed health advisors, almost conceded by the SOS to the SA professionals being called in.

I don't think Dan would admit or make the connection between the protests and the increase out of fear for public backlash. I think generally, people make the correlation that there has been a huge increase 2-3 weeks after the BLM marches. The ALP probably, likely, to keep that private.

Come on man ... every day they say where new cases are - there have been three people who attended BLM in Melbourne, none of whom contracted COVID-19 at the march nor were likely to be contagious when attending. The spike in cases is coincidental and has come as a result of people from two family clusters knowing they had it yet continuing to see extended family and send their COVID-positive kids to school.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but prior to that there were only two or three in the entire state - over four million people.

I thought it was 5, I could be wrong.

ALP would not broadcast that data, they know it would be death by a thousand cuts with the public essentially calling for heads to roll, I think there will be many cases with "unknown" as the transmission source.

The LNP are doing exactly what they should, call out the corruptness and ineptitude of DA and his severely underprepared and poorly performed health advisors, almost conceded by the SOS to the SA professionals being called in.
VIC, QLD, WA, NT and ACT are labour, NSW, SA and TAS are liberal governments currently.

Protests were held everywhere, legally despite the NSW police trying to make the protests illegal.

So every state had protests but not every state has had an uptick. NSW should have by far been the most likely to, biggest number of protestors, more protests than just the one BLM rally and the incident with Police using capsicum spray on protestors trying to go home. Capsicum spray increases the risk of spread of the virus.

Only Victoria has had an increase and with the 140 odd active cases we've only had 4 linked to people that attended protests, and two of them work together.

The protests have not directly led to any increase in cases.

Those blaming the protests for people's changed behaviour are ignoring the fact that restrictions started easing at the same time, the NSW Government announced people could start going to the Rugby, pubs and restaurants opened back up, gyms, massage, beauty therapy, dentists etc

Recent survey had almost half the respondents 46% say that they felt the risks were low to very low of catching the virus. People got complacent and are looking for someone else to blame for that.

Still despite all that, we had yesterday 13 people that were meant to be isolating at home found to not be at home when the cops knocked on their doors. That's got nothing to do with protests, that's willfully ignoring the risks to others. That's the issue we have, people not doing the right thing when they suspect or know that they have it.

People are still sending their kids to school with

sniffles assuming it's not the virus, people are still going to work or out to see friends when they are sick. That's got nothing to do with who the Premier is or whether a protest happened 3 weeks ago. It's people doing exactly what they did before this whole thing kicked off and ignoring the medical advice and directions from authorities that has been since at least March this year, to stay home and isolate if you are sick.

Yes, but prior to that there were only two or three in the entire state - over four million people.
Not true. We've had new cases almost every day since this started. The BLM protests happened on the 6th of June, we had more than 2 or 3 active cases in the entire state at that point, in fact we had over 60 active cases on the 6th of June

1592964953586.png
1592965081444.png

VIC, QLD, WA, NT and ACT are labour, NSW, SA and TAS are liberal governments currently.

Protests were held everywhere, legally despite the NSW police trying to make the protests illegal.

So every state had protests but not every state has had an uptick. NSW should have by far been the most likely to, biggest number of protestors, more protests than just the one BLM rally and the incident with Police using capsicum spray on protestors trying to go home. Capsicum spray increases the risk of spread of the virus.

Only Victoria has had an increase and with the 140 odd active cases we've only had 4 linked to people that attended protests, and two of them work together.

The protests have not directly led to any increase in cases.

Those blaming the protests for people's changed behaviour are ignoring the fact that restrictions started easing at the same time, the NSW Government announced people could start going to the Rugby, pubs and restaurants opened back up, gyms, massage, beauty therapy, dentists etc

Recent survey had almost half the respondents 46% say that they felt the risks were low to very low of catching the virus. People got complacent and are looking for someone else to blame for that.

Still despite all that, we had yesterday 13 people that were meant to be isolating at home found to not be at home when the cops knocked on their doors. That's got nothing to do with protests, that's willfully ignoring the risks to others. That's the issue we have, people not doing the right thing when they suspect or know that they have it.

People are still sending their kids to school with

sniffles assuming it's not the virus, people are still going to work or out to see friends when they are sick. That's got nothing to do with who the Premier is or whether a protest happened 3 weeks ago. It's people doing exactly what they did before this whole thing kicked off and ignoring the medical advice and directions from authorities that has been since at least March this year, to stay home and isolate if you are sick.

Not true. We've had new cases almost every day since this started. The BLM protests happened on the 6th of June, we had more than 2 or 3 active cases in the entire state at that point, in fact we had over 60 active cases on the 6th of June

View attachment 898617
View attachment 898619

I don’t think the BLM is the catalyst, I haven’t said that at all, but if it was or there were more cases I don’t know if DA would like that as another topic of discussion.

It’s clear this outbreak is the doing of large ethnic social gatherings, the municipalities in question (and I live in) are extremely multicultural with English often being a 2nd choice language.

Come on people, you have to start with the narrative you want to promote, then push the "facts" that support your narrative and make sure you ignore the facts that don't support it. Please learn from the Anti-Vaxxers they have this down pat......

I don’t think the BLM is the catalyst, I haven’t said that at all, but if it was or there were more cases I don’t know if DA would like that as another topic of discussion.

It’s clear this outbreak is the doing of large ethnic social gatherings, the municipalities in question (and I live in) are extremely multicultural with English often being a 2nd choice language.
You said that the ALP would hide it if large numbers of protestors tested positive under the cover of unknown source. That's the conspiracy line that it's really the protests that caused this wave and not just people doing the wrong thing day to day.

You also said the LNP was doing their job undermining the position of the health department in Vic, I'd think that was doing anything but their job.

The CMO and deputy CMOs are not members of a political party. They don't change every time the government does. Undermining the medical response for political gain is not what they should be doing.

You said that the ALP would hide it if large numbers of protestors tested positive under the cover of unknown source. That's the conspiracy line that it's really the protests that caused this wave and not just people doing the wrong thing day to day.

You also said the LNP was doing their job undermining the position of the health department in Vic, I'd think that was doing anything but their job.

The CMO and deputy CMOs are not members of a political party. They don't change every time the government does. Undermining the medical response for political gain is not what they should be doing.

The LNP is using the BLM simply as a tool to show the gross negligence of reasoning with the ALP's messaging, that's what they are doing. It's true.

The LNP is using the BLM simply as a tool to show the gross negligence of reasoning with the ALP's messaging, that's what they are doing. It's true.
But like I said, it's not a liberal vs labour issue. Protests happened in every state and territory and there is a combination of Liberal and Labour governments across Australia.
NSW tried to block the protests and failed, nobody else bothered to try and block the protests because they knew they would happen anyway and creating a situation where the police had to arrest or disperse the protestors would have increased the risks not decreased them.

Andrews and Sutton asked people to stay home and not attend and to voice their support in other ways, same as other Premiers and CMOs did
Vic libs are ignoring this by acting like the issues in Vic are from those protests.

The issue is community transmission and it is mainly people who seem to be ignoring the advice on staying home when sick, on isolating while waiting for test results and on quarantining if a positive result comes back. All they are doing is muddying the waters to score political points which has nothing to do with helping Victorians

It's wedge politics, nothing more.

Are you typing that utter bullshit with a straight face? Because if you believe it you should be in a strait jacket.

If sky news could make a connection - you'd certainly know about it. its bulldust.

But like I said, it's not a liberal vs labour issue. Protests happened in every state and territory and there is a combination of Liberal and Labour governments across Australia.
NSW tried to block the protests and failed, nobody else bothered to try and block the protests because they knew they would happen anyway and creating a situation where the police had to arrest or disperse the protestors would have increased the risks not decreased them.

Andrews and Sutton asked people to stay home and not attend and to voice their support in other ways, same as other Premiers and CMOs did
Vic libs are ignoring this by acting like the issues in Vic are from those protests.

The issue is community transmission and it is mainly people who seem to be ignoring the advice on staying home when sick, on isolating while waiting for test results and on quarantining if a positive result comes back. All they are doing is muddying the waters to score political points which has nothing to do with helping Victorians

If anything casualised workforce is driving it

We are discussing the Victorian landscape, I am giving reasoning why the LNP would be outlining the BLM march, that is it in a nutshell. The ALP have shown their hand as a corrupt and derelict government, all the LNP is doing (finally I must say) is highlighting all their bullshit. Daniel Andrews has had it to easy for too long, at last the LNP have a guy to lead them who has an inch of ticker and some intelligence to point out and broadcast his lack of capability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back