Cox - WTF?

Remove this Banner Ad

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Really disappointed, what is up with the big Cox. He is in my side to get 100 every week and he has been very down the last two weeks. Is his foot still a problem? He is one of the players you can almost nearly rely on to hit a ton and I'm getting overly fustrated.

Does appear to be struggling with something, definetely not his usual self. But it really doesn't matter as anyone who has a clue has him in their team...which would be exactly why i don't have him :)

I had him as captain this week. Not unhappy, could be worse. :eek:

I should have a win quite easily in the league I care about, so it was never a big concern this week. Having said that, I expected him to dominate tonight - but oh well.

Well, Cox has been known to be pretty crappy against essendon, DT-wise.

I mean, a couple of guys did say in captaincy thread, he got around 70-80 for the 2 games last year.
Actually, quick numbers check, Cox has never scored a ton against essendon. Highest score was 86 last year.
Seems like essendon has been his cursed team:D

*cough: Simmo and the macca for me too :)

Fact 1: He always struggles at the TD. Infact all ruckmen do

Fact 2: Hille always kills him

Fact 3: Cox is the best fantasy ruckman in the comp

I mean, a couple of guys did say in captaincy thread, he got around 70-80 for the 2 games last year.
Actually, quick numbers check, Cox has never scored a ton against essendon. Highest score was 86 last year.

Yeah me too. Cant decide which one to trade out to cox haha

We must have good taste or something mate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

first week as my cap this year aswell, really wanted a good score from him and was expecting it from 1/2 time ffs...
does anyne kno his tog espiecially for the 2nd 1/2 he seemed to have only played like 1/3 of the game... so flipping frustrating

He doesn't like playing Essendon.

His last 10 games against them he hasn't been able to score over 100. Infact his highest is 86 in thoes 10 games. And now add tonights game that makes it the last 11 games he hasn't got 100.

So he obviously doesn't like playing them and also his foot is still stuffed.

He doesn't like playing Essendon.

His last 10 games against them he hasn't been able to score over 100. Infact his highest is 86 in thoes 10 games. And now add tonights game that makes it the last 11 games he hasn't got 100.

So he obviously doesn't like playing them and also his foot is still stuffed.

Lol...i just said that a couple posts ago.

Coxy will be a good trade option in another 1-2weeks. Got that 68 still in the mix from last week.

Yeah, just have to decide whether to out simmo or macca...leaning towards simmo cause simmo's forms been crap as of late. But then it also depends on how cox pulls up with his leg...

i've had white and simmo - can't complain, aside from the one late withdrawal white consistently gets 90+

i took the contrarian view at the start and thought i'd get the ruckmen that everyone didn't have

will still consider upgrading simmo to cox in a few weeks though if cox goes sub 400k - that is if he hits his straps again

i remember reading a post somewhere where someone had calculated that cox scores on average 12 points less in the last half of every season - that's pretty significant

after last week's captaincy almost cost me my league match I swapped to kornes and I think cox has just lost his captaincy accreditation for the rest of the year. Sorry dean. Still love ya though.

after last week's captaincy almost cost me my league match I swapped to kornes and I think cox has just lost his captaincy accreditation for the rest of the year. Sorry dean. Still love ya though.

I don't think you can go that far but his is definately sliding down my order a little.

Also i think everyone needs to save a trade because i can see Cox being put on ice before the season is over, he is not even close to 100% at the moment and his foot really seems to be worrying him. It's isn't going to get better and the way the Eagles are playing, would not surprise me one bit if he missed the last few games of the season, i think it's a given.

I've got cox and hille. Stoked with Hille. I'm surprised shitloads of people overlooked him. Superb pre-season form, was always going to get plenty of game time with essendon saying they want a breakout year from him, and loads of talent. He, along with roughead and deledio have been great buys for their price. Keep it up Hilly:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox - WTF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back