Opinion Cox...

Remove this Banner Ad

This is all about Cox and supporting him and NN. The only way to do that is to have a ruck alternative. Putting a third ruck up forward strengthens our mark taking ability and rests Cox and NN so that they can be a force throughout the game. Darling is struggling against better teams because he is only 191 Cm; a good sized midfielder. On Friday he kicked one goal and took 4 marks, this is not good enough. JK took 10 marks and kicked 5 goals.

JK IS a beast, JD will BE a beast

76a6708-as-smart-object-1.jpg

Long Cox always reminds me of this:

Cox is playing solid. the question is with the eagles transition defense being a worry, can they afford to carry cox as a forward with little defensive pressure? they have in the past and it has worked. who would be a better alternative?. essendon are basically going with one ruckman and nic nat is a better ruckman. Next year it may be a possibility

Cox is playing solid. the question is with the eagles transition defense being a worry, can they afford to carry cox as a forward with little defensive pressure? they have in the past and it has worked. who would be a better alternative?. essendon are basically going with one ruckman and nic nat is a better ruckman. Next year it may be a possibility

Ah lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your are being silly, Cox is playing fine he is the least of our problems.
This is a sbd thread you agreeing with his crap says a lot about your quality as a poster.

Ouch you cut me deep random dude from the internet.
So you agree that his flailing arm shenanigans because thats what i was responding to?
Dont respond, I dont give a shit what you have to say.

I can't believe that this conversation is happening. Cox was AA last year and is still more than serviceable. You've got to earn your spot in an AFL team. If Lycett or Sinclair deserves a spot ahead of Cox then they'll get it, until then they can continue to do their time.

Cox has just don't gone from being a superstar ruckman to a good decent ruckman....nothing wrong with that he still one of the best ruckman going around and he is now a backup to the most talented ruckman in the league and im glad the baton has been handed down as smoothly as it has.

If Nic Nat hadn't started the season so late i do not think Cox would be as tired as he is as for the first 5-6 rounds he was mainly rucking solo as Lycett was poor round 1 and Sinclair was mainly playing up forward for his games.

Lycett: Had a poor showing round 1 but what can you expect he is still very raw and had only played 4 games. But guess what he took it on the chin went back to the WAFL and started racking up big numbers in the ruck and has kicked 14 goals so far.

Sinclair: Was better than Lycett but is a few years older and he kicked a few goals and took some good marks in his 4 games. Started off in the WAFL on fire and when he went back got injured but has slowly worked himself into form.

Those 2 are defiantly not ready to take over Cox as backup to Nic Nat but got a taste of the big league and are improving every game in the WAFL to prove they can one day take over Cox. I think next year you will start to see those play more games and have more impact.

Cox is still a top 5 ruck in the comp. His effectiveness might be a little down but he's still playing fine.

All i want is for him to clean up his goal kicking, he's missed a few sodas lately at clutch times in games

Ive noticed a marked change in how he approraches ruck contests, its been happening all season.

If you watch old games of coxy he never took his eye off the ball, he would just use his leap & size to get front posi most times........, This year has been very UNLIKE coxy, he just watches the other ruckmen,
right untill the last second, digs his head into their shoulder blades , throws his arms up,like his been shot!!! then , more often than not, looks over to the ump ,sooking & carrying on like a big bully ,playing up for the Free................ NOT a good look COXY......... FFS play the game like you should for AA ruckmen! Or step aside and let someone else have crack!
Dont worry about milking the frees because others like shuey, scooter and the others are following your example .

Thats why Im calling for change, any half decent coach would of pulled him aside by now and told him straight-" Coxy, I love your committment to this team, but FFS play like the champion you are , not like a man hanging on for free kicks"

Dean Cox is only 12 games from equaling Glen Jakovich's 276 games record. We have probably 9 games left this season so he'll need at least to play next season to break it. He still probably needs to play in 2015 to reach the 300 mark.

I think he's played much better in the last couple of games against good opposition. If he gets near 300 he must get to that mark, it will be a wonderful moment for the club. Only problem with this is that we can't expect Lycett or Sinclair to still be playing for the club if they are not at least our second Ruckman.

^ Sinclair being quite overrated on here. He will be grateful to even be on a rookie list - he's not going to spit the dummy if he's not in a side's starting 18.

Sinclair is a tall forward trying to learn how to ruck - he wouldn't be the first ruckman at any AFL club.

Lycett and Sinclair have been playing forward roles for their WAFL clubs while juggling the Ruck so i think we should be able to fit in one of them along with Nic Nat to replace Lynch s old role.

I think we need to give Lycett a couple of games this year and maybe get him to play 15+ next year at least.

I think we should allow Lycett to maintain his good form in the WAFL for the rest of the year before risking denting his confidence at AFL level. Once he can consistently dominate for East Perth, then he'll be ready.

Ruckmen take a long time - I'm sure both Lycett and Sinclair are happy with how they are tracking, as are the club

I think we should allow Lycett to maintain his good form in the WAFL for the rest of the year before risking denting his confidence at AFL level. Once he can consistently dominate for East Perth, then he'll be ready.

Ruckmen take a long time - I'm sure both Lycett and Sinclair are happy with how they are tracking, as are the club

This is true but what happens if he dominates for 5-6 weeks and still can not get a game as a reward for his hard work?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Cox...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back