Cox's Football Nous

Remove this Banner Ad

I said it in the Nab, if Cox played the game all his life, he'd have gone pick 1 in the 08 super-draft, and would be tracking as one of the all time greats.
People arked up when I said it after a Nab game. I will say the same again this time and I will repeat myself. Would be one of the All time greatest players to have ever played the game this guy had he played it all his life He would be absolutely dominating the ruck, and then, scaring the living bejezus out of the opposition Buddy Franklin style only more charasmatic to watch when in the forward line. As he kind of is anyway as of now, in the forward line. Just WOW!!!

I said it in the Nab, if Cox played the game all his life, he'd have gone pick 1 in the 08 super-draft, and would be tracking as one of the all time greats.
People arked up when I said it after a Nab game. I will say the same again this time and I will repeat myself. Would be one of the All time greatest players to have ever played the game this guy had he played it all his life He would be absolutely dominating the ruck, and then, scaring the living bejezus out of the opposition Buddy Franklin style only more charasmatic to watch when in the forward line. As he kind of is anyway as of now, in the forward line. Just WOW!!!
I cant wait until he starts clunking them marks that he keeps getting his hands to. That will come over time

I think what is shows is just how shot-to-pieces the confidence of our senior players is at the moment!

Which leads one to think they may have either no faith in the game plan or a lack of faith in their ability to execute it.

Love what he's produced in his time at our club, one of the next big steps he needs to take is getting two hands up when marking. I know it'll come and I'm not looking for a negative, if anything I'm excited to see how many headaches he's going to cause opposition coaches and defenders when he gets both hands up, and sticks some big grabs! Set shot kicking is already immaculate.

I just wonder why those smarts have not been passed on to the rest of the team by the coaching staff!

Seems you assume it hasn't been...

Let's not put the cart before the horse here. Shows great potential and hopefully he'll realise that but the reality is that he's only getting a game because Cloke is out of form, Witts has been injured, and Gault and White didn't take their opportunities.

Love what he's produced in his time at our club, one of the next big steps he needs to take is getting two hands up when marking. I know it'll come and I'm not looking for a negative, if anything I'm excited to see how many headaches he's going to cause opposition coaches and defenders when he gets both hands up, and sticks some big grabs! Set shot kicking is already immaculate.
Have you seen the size of those mitts? Just needs to remember to close his fingers while one hand marking. Makes it look like a tennis ball

Like it :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good game from the Very Tall Man last night. Does anyone have footage of his mark against Merrett, including his disdainful look?

Watching that back, even though it looks unconventional, I love Cox's ball drop (man, this stuff writes itself!). But seriously, his kicking action is really good, it has minimal room for error as he releases the ball so low, especially for such a tall man.

Pretty sweet mark and 40m pass from Howe, just quietly.

A good game from the Very Tall Man last night. Does anyone have footage of his mark against Merrett, including his disdainful look?
The look probably came about because the Lions backmen were into him, (and trying to get in his head) all night - even off the ball.

The look probably came about because the Lions backmen were into him, (and trying to get in his head) all night - even off the ball.

Did you have a good view of this? We could see some of it on TV.

Watching that back, even though it looks unconventional, I love Cox's ball drop (man, this stuff writes itself!). But seriously, his kicking action is really good, it has minimal room for error as he releases the ball so low, especially for such a tall man.

Perhaps he should be our kicking coach ? Do u think anyone from our team would benefit from some help?

Last edited:
Looking at footage of him from his first combine/ try out, is it just me or has he put on a bit of bulk in a very short period of time, maybe 5-10kgs?

I've got a sneaky feeling he might be able to add another 10kgs to his frame. If so, he could become a real beast in the forward line.

Really pleased with his progress!

Oh, and love his swagger and mongrel streak!

Help when you get taught by Pro's

I cant wait until he starts clunking them marks that he keeps getting his hands to. That will come over time
How about your players stop stomping on those hands then! :D

I love a feel good story, and this is a good one.
I wonder if its getting much attention in the states.

Maybe the Lions have played you back into form?

In fact, let's hope big Cox is already shacked up with a fine young lass and will procreate in the future!

I remember a younger Liz Cambage sitting near us for the 2011 GF however I dont remember if she was supporting either side or just there for the event.

Pair the two up now and get her pushing out a litter or two of little Coxys!! I am sure they have the technology to ensure boys!! THEN make sure he plays the required 100 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox's Football Nous

Remove this Banner Ad

Back