Media Crack a can for the baz man

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 31, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WPFC; WA; Western Bears; GumbiesFFC
This weekend someone you know well reaches 200 career matches. What you may not know is that despite being compared to cereal on occasion, Barry is actually a beverage entrepreneur whose drink that anyone, who's anyone, wants to be seen consuming.
barry.png

THE ORIGIN OF BARRY

What do you do when you see someone you really like on another board? You make a few calls, get a few people in a PM and decide to try and make them your own. That was the scenario for the Bears in the season 25 offseason.

That’s what happened here. A bar in downtown Tokyo, 2 peeps who looked suspiciously like Matera92 and Art Vandelay_ on a ‘research’ trip and a few too many drinks. Contact a third bloke that knows plenty about the Sweet FA in JoshWoodenSpoon and bam, Barry becomes a Las Vegas Bear.

SO WHAT IS BARRY?

Barry is a refreshing figure in the Sweet FA who has been making waves from their first season to right now. The level of qooty, posting, media and clubman is perfectly balanced so it doesn't build up on your soul to the point of jealousy. You just have to marvel and respect what you're witnessing.

WHERE IT BEGAN

barry bears.png

LAS VEGAS BEARS

Barry from the very beginning was full of fizz with 107 DT on debut and plenty of match thread posting. A blend so perfect it was recognised externally (with an EKA) and internally (with a Mateflon).

WHAT IT EVOLVED TO

barry gumbies.png

GUMBIES FFC

We can see your face all scrunched up, really why the fish would Barry choose to go to the Gumbies!!! Well, Barry's thirst for a challenge combined with BRAB's recruiting style created quite the result. Gosh, what a result, Barry is just sweet enough, just bubbly enough, just stable enough, and for the Gumbies, just bloody perfect!

Congratulations on a fine 200 games, Barrybran.

baz200m.png

BY THE NUMBERS

baz200stats.png

USER REVIEWS

When I think of @Barrybran , I think of a few very obvious things...

:whitecheck: A whole bunch of ones and zeroes
:whitecheck: His patience and capacity for building/rebuilding a club that was very close to the brink
:whitecheck: Quality graphic design, with particular skills at guernsey design and re-imagining
:whitecheck: Dry and acerbic posting style, leaving few who come at him without several paper cuts

However, I also think of a bunch of other things that some people might not know about...

:whitecheck: His strength and passion behind the scenes in the committee room and supporting several admins
:whitecheck: His capacity to work with other people across the league to ensure the place runs smoothly
:whitecheck: His willingness to help and support people (myself included) without asking anything in return

He's an absolute champ of the league; a future hall-of-famer and a good bloke.​
manangatang, 18 August 2023​
@Barrybran is one of Sweet's triple threats - beloved by the simulator, beloved by his teammates and beloved by the wider community. He's simultaneously been the face of a club and done the hard yards behind the scenes. He cherishes tradition yet still embraces new customs. He is the perfect mix of old school and the new breed. He's bloody good.

So what do you give the guy who has everything that the SFA has to give? Life Membership of the Gumbies, that's what! Achieving life membership of a club is one of the greatest accolades you can earn, so it's only fitting that Baz gets to add that to his already expansive CV. So let's get the aluminium pole out of the crawl space and celebrate a Festivus in July it's August Bob shut up I'm on a roll in honour of our good friend Barrybran.

The warmest of mazel tovs to you Baz!​
Tonga Bob, 22 August 2023​
Congratulations, Barrybran, on 150 excellent games in the Sweet Football Association.

From day dot, you have been an active contribute at both club and league level, both visibly and behind the scenes. Your work for the league has not been missed, and I'm glad it has been recognised in part by awards such as the Frankston Rover Medal, and the Sweet FA Players' Association MVP - beez Trophy. In fact, I'm not sure there are too many awards you've not won.

For me, your biggest legacy is the revival of the Gumbies. In Falconista and others, I honestly believe the club is in good hands right now, and a big part of that was your tireless efforts in keeping the club going.

Well done, and congratulations. Good luck for the weekend.​
Headless, 20 August 2023

DISCLAIMER: The three quotes above should have been posted in an earlier thread. I won't name who was responsible for the oversight, but the beez medal is named after them. ;)

Barrybran is a QOOTY player who I know plays in the SFA Qooty league.

He does participate in match threads and contributes to (insert team name here) season.

Congrats on your big old thing, Barrybran!

Oh, and on this weird fake cocktail thing in honor of your double century, which is actually pretty cool. Don't tell Falconista, tho.

Congratulations Barrybran. You've been a stellar contributor to this league is such a short time as a captain, simmer and active committee representative. Your contributions have helped to shape this place for the better. Enjoy you big game and I hope you walk away with the W mate.

Congrats on letting the sim have its way with you 200 times Barrybran! It shows commitment, perseverance and yes a bit of lunacy too.

1713481868810.png

Congrats Barry - well deserved achievement.

I still think I was a deserved co-winner of the B+F with GWS Goose. omgfridge agrees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations Barrybran one of the all time greats. Glad you've also successfully broken into the market of average influencer backed vodka seltzers

BbiCKWq.png

Congratulations brother Barrybran, 200 Sweet FA games is certainly a labour of love. Been a pleasure to come up alongside you and witness your success close up, without a single hint of jealousy whatsoever. :thumbsu:

For every Baz Milestone, this post will continually come back to haunt me:
He would have got three votes from the Furies and won, we just thought Baz "got" the league better, but Cadaver seems to be getting it more, will be a league legend whilst Barrybran retires at the end of next season carrying a massive curse on his back.

Congratulations on 200 games Barrybran

Congratulations Barrybran one of the all time greats. Glad you've also successfully broken into the market of average influencer backed vodka seltzers
I'm rather surprised myself. I think someone may be using my image for their own gain. Now if it was whisky...

I'm rather surprised myself. I think someone may be using my image for their own gain. Now if it was whisky...
I'll inform the legal team

Congrats Barry - well deserved achievement.

I still think I was a deserved co-winner of the B+F with GWS Goose. omgfridge agrees.
you would have won it outright if you didn't forget your password (instead of not at all)

Well done Barrybran , probably the person who added the most to my SFA experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Crack a can for the baz man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back