Cracking game of Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a bad patch in the 3rd when no one from either team could pick up the ball without fumbling, but I thought the first half was a pretty cracking contest.

If you thought that game was horrible you mustn't enjoy many footy games.

Oh I enjoy plenty of footy games, I just don't enjoy appalling skills level which was on display for most of the night.

Most of the seats go to ticketed members.

A looooooooot of these are older types. New stadium, cheaper memberships and more new memberships+general admission tickets available so hopefully we get a younger crowd.

Jeepers. Not to have a go at you DaM, but plenty of Eagles supporters tonight bemoaning our own support. I'm a member and have been for about 9 years...and the only person around me I'd call an "older type" is as vocal if nor more than most of the rest of the crowd. Having attended plenty of Dockers games both before and after I took out my membership, I'd have to say the two crowds are pretty even in their game-day support, even though the Dockers definitely have the edge when it comes to "younger" crowds, but that is probably more due to opportunity than support. Just because some Eagles supporters can't get their hands on tickets doesn't mean the ones who do are any less enthusiastic in their appreciation of the team.

Oh I enjoy plenty of footy games, I just don't enjoy appalling skills level which was on display for most of the night.

Yep, not wrong on this account. The game was interesting because it was close. The skill level was very poor from both teams. I lost count of the number of times a Dockers player fumbled or over-ran the ball, while the Dogs field kicking was woeful. Garrick Ibbotson in particular had a shocker, muffing almost every chance he had at taking the ball cleanly, including dropping a couple of uncontested marks.

That was an enjoyable game yes. Full of action great to watch. Even sweeter for me as I backed Freo head to head. But the skills were woeful! I could not believe it. Both sides continually butchered simple posessions. Was worse than Friday night.

Cracking finish and I'm stoked to get the 4 points in such a close game but whilst I agree there were some shocking skill errors earlier on- to be fair to both teams the surface appeared to be coated in ky jelly or something. Don't know what's going on because it's rained bugger all in Perth for months now but it was wet n wild out there. Ump had to throw it up in 4th- surely more than just dew? I know it was a later game but jeez... weird stuff.

Yep it was a cracker of a game in the last quarter, but I had pulled most of hair out by then due to the in-consistent umpiring and fumbling.

Geez how can a 40+ metre kick going forward be called deliberate, but handballing backwards over the line is not deliberate !!!!!. All I ask for is consistency.

On a side note, I am sick of players sitting 10 metres off the contest appealing for kicks. Get your hands out of the air and put them in the contest.

Most of the seats go to ticketed members.

A looooooooot of these are older types. New stadium, cheaper memberships and more new memberships+general admission tickets available so hopefully we get a younger crowd.

Also whenever I have seen West Coast play in Melbourne they have always had a very good supporter base, sure they have been out numbered but their passion and noise they make is very good.

first off. Entertaining game, although the wrong team won in the end. Cooney you spud :)

Secondly, of course it was loud at the game. It was a close finish and when the home team in a close game kicks the winning goal at the 30 minute mark, youll get a massive roar. Last time the Eagles had that scenario of kicking the winning goal so late in the game was probably 2006 against Carlton. Ask any Carlton fan who was there and theyll tell you it was heckin'g loud.

But since then we havent won too many games :eek:

Re the skills - you had to be there to appreciate how heavy the dew was; particularly in H2. Have just seen the TV replay of the game - apparently you had to be there and not be Jacko to appreciate the dew!!

With the wet ball and skiddy surface I thought we got a great combination of skill and compelling contests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keps in the after game interview said it was the dew that was causing all the problems - and who should know but someone who played out there?? Certainly take his word over Jako's every night of the week!

oh i geddit...quinz is the umpire?

and shibz is the "player" whos going to "score", then the umpire puts his hand up for a quick rushed behind?

dirty footy metaphors eh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cracking game of Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back