Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno, but we they earnt our trust after last year, didn't they?

We started preseason late, we were 0-3, we fought back hard, then we got destroyed by injuries, what can we do?
Last year is a memory - cold hard fact.
Keep looking back to last year and teams go past. Celebrate last year yes. Very few teams don’t get significant/many injuries in any year.
Round 0 crap needs to go!

Stop making excuses. Absolute excuse merchant type stuff.
We aren't as good next year. Need to try different things next year and fill the gaps in the team
You realise the players are humans, not robots? Aside from the late preseason, slow start and injury crisis, there has no doubt been wavering motivation levels, which might be a hard pill to swallow for some fans, but some players were less motivated this year after the ultimate success. I guarantee you that hunger will return next year. Moore, IQ and McCreery come to mind, but there are others.

Take our main core of players, add a fitter squad, plus some smart recruits, we can no doubt go again next year.

It's hard to complain about Fly and the coaches. Won a premiership. Can't ignore that.

But .... I have concerns about their development of players. And then there are the trades and the recruits.

Boy we could have done with Taylor Adams today.
Adam’s would not changed anything today

He be glad he left though now

It's hard to complain about Fly and the coaches. Won a premiership. Can't ignore that.

But .... I have concerns about their development of players. And then there are the trades and the recruits.

It’s not criticism of Fly solely (as head coach he should shoulder some responsibility), it’s the coaches and the football admin side off field as well.

4/23 GF winners were recruited that season by trades

Then McStay who didn't play, but without his 2 goals a game in that stretch of matches, we wouldn't have made it to the granny

I agree with you, our recruitment and development over the years has been shonky, but it worked last year and our core group of players is still good

Last year is a memory - cold hard fact.
Keep looking back to last year and teams go past. Celebrate last year yes. Very few teams don’t get significant/many injuries in any year.
Round 0 crap needs to go!
No teams cop injuries like that and go on and win the flag. That was a horrid stretch of injuries, simple as that. Typically flag winning sides remain fairly healthy all year.

I'm not saying it's a pass mark, it's not saying to ignore this crap we're dishing up, but you have to be realistic, it's bloody hard to win a flag, and it's incredibly hard to go back-to-back. We still have a strong core, we can go again next year. This season is done, look ahead to next year.

No teams cop injuries like that and go on and win the flag. That was a horrid stretch of injuries, simple as that. Typically flag winning sides remain fairly healthy all year.

I'm not saying it's a pass mark, it's not saying to ignore this crap we're dishing up, but you have to be realistic, it's bloody hard to win a flag, and it's incredibly hard to go back-to-back. We still have a strong core, we can go again next year. This season is done, look ahead to next year.
I know going back to back is hard, it is a bonus after winning one. Hopefully next year starts better than this year and keeps getting better.
But many like me feel the Collingwood curse has hit, again.

It'll take 3 consecutive years of missing finals and a lot more performances like today before I start to quiver in my support of McRae.

He and his fellow coaches worked wonders over the last 2 seasons so should be afforded respect. That period however now looks to be at an end.

Right now I don't see a bounce coming next season as we have an over reliance on veterans who may or should retire at seasons end, while precious few of the younger players look capable of becoming elite.

Then we have our gameplan and a decision will need to be made if it needs a major overhaul. I want to see Leppitsch and Bolton both back as line coaches in 25 if they remain on board.

To be honest I feel we are probably better served taking our medicine next season, getting on with the rebuild, retiring a number of players and if that means a bottom 4 finish so be it. We must however keep our 2025 1st in order to gain something from it.

Stop making excuses. Absolute excuse merchant type stuff.
We aren't as good next year. Need to try different things next year and fill the gaps in the team
Sorry...silly me.

Our player continuity has been brilliant, Round Zero was a stellar start to our season and we should be top 4. McRae needs to be a better coach and our team has gaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know going back to back is hard, it is a bonus after winning one. Hopefully next year starts better than this year and keeps getting better.
But many like me feel the Collingwood curse has hit, again.
Yes the squads are different, but I look at Geelong as our model. Our season is done now, so like Geelong did last year, put players on ice, get players in for minor surgeries, just focus on the off-season and preseason. Next year we'll do a proper preseason, have a healthy squad, and we tackle it head on, and we'll actually be ready for the season this time.

The Wright drama will be sorted, I'm sure there'll be some small changes with the coaches, I'll back McRae in to learn something, and we go again.

For a coach that bangs on about wanting the side to be aggressive and would “rather lose by 10 goals and take the game on”

He isn’t very aggressive in game with moves.

Needs to take his own medicine.
What are you talking about… he moved Moore forward with 4 mins to go,10 goals down. Showed courage to do that.

Ps thanks for the 2023 premiership Fly!

All this talk about Fly needing to be a hard ass like Clarkson & Hardwick to is absolute rubbish.

Clarkson, like fly, won an unexpected flag in 2008. He didn't win another until 2013. And, he is a sh!t of a human being.

Hardwick didn't make a Grand Final until his 8th season. He was nearly sacked multiple times, and Richmond supporters hated him until then. And I dont rate the Covid flags at all. And like Clarkson, Hardwick is a sh!t of a human being.

We are having a shocker of a season after having 2 of the most exhilarating seasons imaginable.

This is Fly's third year, I have faith that he can get us there again in the coming seasons. probably not next year, but it will come.

It'll take 3 consecutive years of missing finals and a lot more performances like today before I start to quiver in my support of McRae.

He and his fellow coaches worked wonders over the last 2 seasons so should be afforded respect. That period however now looks to be at an end.

Right now I don't see a bounce coming next season as we have an over reliance on veterans who may or should retire at seasons end, while precious few of the younger players look capable of becoming elite.

Then we have our gameplan and a decision will need to be made if it needs a major overhaul. I want to see Leppitsch and Bolton both back as line coaches in 25 if they remain on board.

To be honest I feel we are probably better served taking our medicine next season, getting on with the rebuild, retiring a number of players and if that means a bottom 4 finish so be it. We must however keep our 2025 1st in order to gain something from it.
I pretty much agree with this, although we will find it difficult to put Leppitsch and Bolton back to line coaching. Their salaries have increased due to other offers, and their roles are different. I doubt they would go ‘backwards’ as I think the line coaches pay scales are lower.

Expect a restructure and some turnover of assistants for 2025.

I pretty much agree with this, although we will find it difficult to put Leppitsch and Bolton back to line coaching. Their salaries have increased due to other offers, and their roles are different. I doubt they would go ‘backwards’ as I think the line coaches pay scales are lower.

Expect a restructure and some turnover of assistants for 2025.

We can pay them what we like.

No rules surely saying how much assistants can be paid just a salary cap to work within.

Pay the tax if we need to.

Fly is least of your worries. Graham Wright dick rode Clarko to 3 flags. Got a huge rep. He has paid overs for every single trade at Hawthorn, the Wingar, JOM , Mitchell trades.completely ruined our list. He’s doing same at Collingwood. Gave up Ginni and got a worse version for a furture first. He’s the greatest fraud in Football. Bar None
Piss off idjut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back