Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not quite done and dusted. If we win next week and jump back into the eight it is absolutely alive and we are one week closer to getting Cox, Mcstay and Mitchell back into the team.
With the way 10-12 clubs have had runs of poor form for 2-4 weeks followed by 2-4 weeks of good form, means anything is possible for those clubs fighting for a spot in the 8. You can drop out of the 8 one week & jump back into 5th or 6th with one win the following week.

With the way 10-12 clubs have had runs of poor form for 2-4 weeks followed by 2-4 weeks of good form, means anything is possible for those clubs fighting for a spot in the 8. You can drop out of the 8 one week & jump back into 5th or 6th with one win the following week.
Good call
We’ve just got to make finals - if we can get there, get McStay back, find some resemblance if pressure, we’re in it w a chance.
It’s the getting there that we need laser focus on

Good call
We’ve just got to make finals - if we can get there, get McStay back, find some resemblance if pressure, we’re in it w a chance.
It’s the getting there that we need laser focus on
You really can't pick who will win each week.. I mean Cats were shite for weeks, now they look unbeatable. Doggies were starting to look like they were a real threat, then Port (!) smash them.

Take a break TD. This is not acceptable and completely wrong.

Our club is a great club. Its a tough competition. You can't win every week especially with our injury list to key players. Remember injured players have missed because of injuries and may not return to their best. There's no doubt some players are playing injured as we try to make finals.

Other sides can improve.

There's nothing wrong at our club.

If you believe what you write then come up with solutions. Who are you replacing Fly, Bolton, leppitsch, selwood, skipworth, jetta and wade and co with?

Players never had a special holiday. All AFL teams get the bye break for players to have a break. Its part of their deal.

A bad coach wouldn't be able to integrate six or seven new players into the team and win. Also there is an expectation these young players will tire toward the back end of the season.

Fly is the best available coach. He is still learning. You can't change a game plan mid season. Look at Kingsley and GWS.

If you're going to bag us for the rest of the season then maybe take a break from BF.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So because I am negative and what I think I get Abused

Kind of Glad I don't come on here much as I use too

Really not liking it on Bigfooty Recently

I wouldn't say abused mate. Just an opposite opinion.
Keep being you

TD - simple rule of BF - stick your chin out and you risk copping it in the neck

it means we are process driven
the logic is that it produces better outcomes, because it focuses on pulling the levers that you can control that influence outcomes, rather than being outcomes driven which can be abstract and result in unfocused actions that dont produce the outcomes you want
Based on the outcomes (see below), the process isn't working.

Here is a list of games with poor or inconsistent intensity and effort:
Giants loss
Sydney loss
Saints loss
Hawks win with awful second half collapse
ANZAC Day draw
Crows at G where we let them back in and luckily held on
Collapse against Freo for draw
Collapse against Bulldogs for loss
Abysmal 1st half against Kangas for lucky win
Suns inconsistent effort
Bombers lowest intensity under Fly

We've really only played strong games against Lions, Carlton, Eagles, PA and Melbourne.

5 of 16.

I don't believe the injury excuse (other than running out of soldiers mid-game), because in every one of these games we have shown that the players who were playing stepped up and could control the game when our intensity and effort were good.

Not time to throw the toys out the cot just yet!!!

We might be lacking a bit of hunger, that is up for debate, but one thing we do lack at the moment is cattle, a horrendous run with injury this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only a complete donkey would turn on our coach.

People really want him to start getting angry and carry on?

WTF?

That’s just projection
And it's weird when those demanding our coach get angry with the players & tell them how pathetic they are, are usually the same posters who whine & complain about people disagreeing with or challenging their comments 🤣

Last edited:
Third season under McRae is definitely the worst now.

At round 17 in 22, we had won 11 and lost 5 for 44 points and a percentage of 106.3
We finished with 16 win and 6 losses

At round 17 last year, we had won 14 and only lost 2 for 56 points and a percentage of 137.1
We finished 18 wins and 5 losses (extra game added for gather round)

This year, it’s only 8 wins, already 6 losses and 2 draws (so it’s like 9 wins 7 losses)

Even if we pull off some miracle and win every game for the rest of the year, we’ll be one win less than 2022.

Realistically I see us winning 3 max of the remaining games.

Disappointing to now officially be at a point we can’t even match 2022.
Year 1: Prelim loss by a couple points
Year 2: win our 16th flag
Year 3: not a huge surprise it's probably going to be the worst year he has had when you consider the previous 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Year 1: Prelim loss by a couple points
Year 2: win our 16th flag
Year 3: not a huge surprise it's probably going to be the worst year he has had when you consider the previous 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That’s a fail. Expect at least returning to a prelim this year to be considered a pass for this season

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back