Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

145 marks to the Cats, and only 6 were contested. It was a complete copy of the Essendon game, which makes me think this is a problem that can't be fixed in a week. Plus they had around 250 uncontested possessions.
Mathematically we could scrape into the 8, but because of the system, energy, desire, effort and backline issues, l think our season is well and truly done and dusted.
The only ones happy now with our form, is Fremantle!!
We were actually good at preventing teams from the easy switch across ground last year. Hard to tell what’s happening off the ball on Tele but whereas teams struggled to leave their back 50 last year this year it’s like we let them. I have no idea.

We had Howe but we chose to play him forward

Saying Moore is injured is the excuse, has he been injured for the past 20-30 games, because that is the form slump he is currently in. I’m not buying it
If Eyre performs well today, hopefully they play him CHB, I would bring him in and move Moore or give him a spell if he really is injured
Maybe try Moore forward and see if that helps, otherwise I got nuffin

We were actually good at preventing teams from the easy switch across ground last year. Hard to tell what’s happening off the ball on Tele but whereas teams struggled to leave their back 50 last year this year it’s like we let them. I have no idea.

I think we are trying to evolve our game plan/style and in turn we have tried to fix something that wasn't really broke.
And with injuries we are still trying to implement things, but without our better talent, and it's showing. The team just looks disconnected and confused at times. We have players running around, that don't know where they should be or opposition player they should be picking up. It's now spiralling out of control....

Moore needs to just have this season end, and get his game right in the off season, whilst the club needs to bring someone in to help him down back.
I really hope players like Dean and Jiath have outstanding pre-seasons this summer......

I have complete faith in macrae to restore the situation
He led us to the promised land from the rubble of 2021
If it wasn’t for the qualifying final umpiring of 2022 we would probably have gone back to back last year

We’ve been up for a long time and this challenge was always going to happen at some stage

Because Pendlebury has only just returned
Maynard has been serviceable
Crisp was very good last week

It’s about a string of poor performances .. not one off

Every time someone points this out on here people get defensive and ruffled because we dare to want a poorly performing player held accountable

Funny thing is I can't recall anyone disagreeing that Moore is out of form (and has been for a while). That's in your imagination.

Nobody is defending his form.

Your idea of holding him "accountable" is counterproductive. It hurts both him and the side. He is in your crosshairs and you won't rest about it.

Funny thing is I can't recall anyone disagreeing that Moore is out of form (and has been for a while). That's in your imagination.

Your idea of holding him "accountable" is counterproductive. It hurts both him and the side. He is in your crosshairs and you won't rest about it.
Yes he is because his defending as a defender has been so poor
That’s what defenders get paid to do and he either goes forward or goes out because he’s a liability with a capital L

But add
Lipinski
Quaynor
Markov to the list

Frampton not far behind

I still don't know what this "accountable " looks like. Hard to hold him accountable if he's playing VFL. Maybe bring back Malcolm blight or something like that

I still don't know what this "accountable " looks like. Hard to hold him accountable if he's playing VFL. Maybe bring back Malcolm blight or something like that
If you don’t perform your role your held to account ., the match committee need to realise he’s a liability for us as a defender and he goes to vfl or he goes forward because we can’t keep having the mistakes and goals mount up week after week
If your performances aren’t up to it there’s consequences

A suitable punishment would be for Darcy to be forced to buy grocery items packaged in single use plastic.

That would really mess with his mojo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love what Craig McRae has brought to the club. He's been a cultural revolution in someway, and the last 2 years of footy were absolutely glorious - this year not so much.

Some on here have very short memories, but that's not to say he shouldn't be open to some level of criticism. I thought we erred last night with McInnes starting on the bench for example. He seems very loyal to some players, maybe due in part to the fact that they climbed the mountain and delivered a flag last year.

I think the club has made some errors with not having Leppitch and Bolton more hands on - maybe they dont want to? Our backline looks in disarray - its been shuffled all year. Frampton was playing some of his best footy of this career early in the season but then gets pushed forward. Is it personnel, system, confidence? Perhaps all 3. We are a wealthy club surely we go and get the best defensive coach?

This season is done in my eyes. A real challenge for McRae now from a coaching standpoint to use the rest of the season to evaluate the depth of the list. We should look to get games into some of the younger guys like McInnes, Allan, Jiath, and maybe even Smit

Some tough calls to be made now and end of season

Last week it was the personal attacks
This week the poor attempts at humerous sarcastic posts

What red herrings will be served up next week ?
Chill bro, just having a bit of fun. There were no personal attacks last week, just disagreement. If it helps, I bow to your correctness. I just don't think dropping your captain will have a positive effect on the playing group

This group have shown they are very happy and content to have won one and one only

‘This group’ - the one that played last night - had seven players who did not play in the GF. It also had one senior player coming back after missing 8 or more weeks (Elliott); two other senior players who have recently returned from extended layoffs but still look hampered (Pendles and De Goey); and about six other premiership players who are horribly out of form and some of whom may be carrying niggles but we can’t afford to rest them.

I don’t think being ‘very happy and content’ with one recent flag has anything to do with our current underperforming. In fact I wish it did, because then we could pretend the deeper structural issues we appear to have don’t exist. The latter will get in the way of wining any flag in the immediate future - not being ‘happy and content’.

Darcy has been a fantastic captain and a champion player for the Collingwood football club
However the wheels have fallen off since late last year and carried on to this year and the bulk of evidence suggests change asap

‘This group’ - the one that played last night - had seven players who did not play in the GF. It also had one senior player coming back after missing 8 or more weeks (Elliott); two other senior players who have recently returned from extended layoffs but still look hampered (Pendles and De Goey); and about six other premiership players who are horribly out of form and some of whom may be carrying niggles but we can’t afford to rest them.

I don’t think being ‘very happy and content’ with one recent flag has anything to do with our current underperforming. In fact I wish it did, because then we could pretend the deeper structural issues we appear to have don’t exist. The latter will get in the way of wining any flag in the immediate future - not being ‘happy and content’.
Ease up on the rational thought out posts Vicky. Ain’t no room for that in here

IMG_0423.gif

Moore should have been moved forward weeks ago and Dean should be allowed to establish himself back there.

If our “system” can’t work with Dean, Frampton, Howe, Maynard, Quaynor and Noble then the problem is the system

Hell, why not try a Krueger/Moore swap?

Moore should have been moved forward weeks ago and Dean should be allowed to establish himself back there.

If our “system” can’t work with Dean, Frampton, Howe, Maynard, Quaynor and Noble then the problem is the system

Hell, why not try a Krueger/Moore swap?
I'd like to see Moore in the ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back