Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't watched the presser from last night, but l'm sure Fly would’ve gone off, and may have dropped an F bomb too like Dimma last weekend?.....Surely 😆

Yeah nah

Basically what you’d expect

I was kinda hoping for just a hint of brimstone but nope.

Usual platitudes and kinda empty nothings

Those turning on Fly & wanting him to now be some angry little man are sounding like Carlton supporters.
The best thing about Fly and what sets him apart from other coaches is his composure, he’s not Bevo, Dimma or Clarko punching walls and whiteboards.

Everytime you see a negative thing occur, you only see a scrunch of the face or a wry facial expression

A lean run of form should not be the catalyst for changing that. Maybe he gives them a spray behind closed doors, and Fly is definitely a guy that seems like if you made him angry, he gets REALLY upset

I think we are trying to evolve our game plan/style and in turn we have tried to fix something that wasn't really broke.
And with injuries we are still trying to implement things, but without our better talent, and it's showing. The team just looks disconnected and confused at times. We have players running around, that don't know where they should be or opposition player they should be picking up. It's now spiralling out of control....
All good points. I feel we have embraced the notion of chaos a bit much this year. Just guessing. Last two years we have been daring and risky but it didn’t feel chaotic and was based on backing our skills and team mates in the contest and supporting each other. I think if you start relying on chaos you run the risk of downplaying skills, concentration and cohesion. Think we need to get the dare and risk back and back our undeniable talents.

And I forgot to add, he’s not like Ken Hinkley who throws his players under the bus after a bad loss
That m0ron Carlton supporter Snapper & other Carlton supporters called sen after last night's game all saying Fly & the club should depart at the end of the year, their biggest problem is he doesn't get angry, blah blah blah.

The day we start taking advice from them & replicating their supporters behaviour calling for our coaches head after a few losses & wanting him to be something he's not is a sad day indeed.

We won a premiership last year, ffs. Back to back is always hard. And our injuries this year have been unimaginable. And they continue every week.

I’m not turning on him. I’d be happy to see a bit of an annoyed version of him. We got a glimpse of it after the Gold Coast game. But then he’s back to normal again.

I like old fashioned coaching. I like discipline.

Don’t know what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe he does get angry. Nothing wrong with getting angry when the team isn’t performing how he wants them to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are many painful things about losing but one of the most insufferable is that posters like you find their voice on the board.

Using your special "logic" Moore should be playing VFL next week. Why stop there? Pendles, Crisp, & Maynard had shockers too.

Drop them all. "MaKe a sTateMent!"

Yeah

Fell off their bandwagons and concussed themselves

He's not an angry little man like Dimma.
Yes, he’s little. But not angry.

I’d be ok seeing a bit more emotion. I don’t know maybe it’s just me, but it would show me he means business. I’m not responsive to the let’s get back to work, we’ll get better, etc etc. Just sounds like lip service to me.

I’d be ok seeing a bit more emotion. I don’t know maybe it’s just me, but it would show me he means business. I’m not responsive to the let’s get back to work, we’ll get better, etc etc. Just sounds like lip service to me.
I don't find anything constructive in public displays of anger just for show.

That’s my point though. It’s not just for show. Catchphrases might be though.

No, genuine emotion is not just for show. Genuine frustration at the form slump may inspire actual change. Who knows.
He doesn't need to coach/berate/inspire the side in his presser to satisfy us.

He doesn't need to be something he's not to satisfy a few angry supporters.

The guy coached us to a premiership last year. He knows what he's doing & he's his own person.

I'm comfortable with majority of what he says & does with the team remains behind closed doors.

That’s my point though. It’s not just for show. Catchphrases might be though.

No, genuine emotion is not just for show. Genuine frustration at the form slump may inspire actual change. Who knows.

The players love playing for him

Adults respect emotional self control

It’s a sign of intelligence

This is my thing

His positivity is great, but at what point is it just empty words?

“We’re not standing still” and “You wouldn’t know if we won or lost” and “Get better every day” become empty words when we’re consistently losing and not actually improving on glaring issues week to week

The players love playing for him

Adults respect emotional self control

It’s a sign of intelligence
Agree the players love him.
The rest, that’s your opinion.

Sociopaths also don’t show emotion. Just saying. (And before anyone comes at me, no I am not saying Fly is a sociopath).

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back