Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he should have said we're a bunch of losers, can't stop losing, losers losers losers.

Hey that might get a response from the players?

The current message isn't getting across do you not agree?

I think this was his presser, wasn't it? Not his address to the players.

You and I have absolutely no clue what he says to the players.

And no, I actually don't think being told you are a loser is motivational at all, tbh.

Yes, public ridicule might trigger a response from the players.

It won’t be the kind of response that helps the club but the important thing is that you'd feel better.

EDIT: Fly should try yelling at injuries too. See if a good spray speeds up recovery times.

Last edited:
He is too nice.
He was doing a good job 2022-23, but needs to be more aggressive and ruthless with the standards and game play. Need to get back to basics, take the game on, play to strengths.
It’s become obvious we have really slowed the game down this season and don’t take corridor like we did in 22-23.

We wait for numbers to roll back into our forward 50 and prefer to be “setup” it looks like behind the ball as opposed to being the team on the proactive.

If it has to do with the “legs” of some of our ageing players …then he really needs to get ruthless and make some harsh decisions because we’re wasting a lot of weapons to cater to this style

Another thing that tells me on purely the decisions he has made and what the eye test tells you….
The selection and type of player he has preferred to go with …says it all about how he has lost his way from the fun, gun slinger he has been.

Richards coming on the last 47 seconds…criminal
You can see on his exposed form he has talent to burn.

He has preferred to play names like Long and Bytel….it reminds you Chris Mayne and Rupert Wills days …
It’s not that they had bad nights but you can see the way they play doesn’t fit the way we have excelled in game style.
They will always be slow, safe and just content.
Bytel …they let him have the ball all day which shows you what they thought of him in terms of what damage he can inflict with ball in hand.

Another thing that tells me on purely the decisions he has made and what the eye test tells you….
The selection and type of player he has preferred to go with …says it all about how he has lost his way from the fun, gun slinger he has been.

Richards coming on the last 47 seconds…criminal
You can see on his exposed form he has talent to burn.

He has preferred to play names like Long and Bytel….it reminds you Chris Mayne and Rupert Wills days …
It’s not that they had bad nights but you can see the way they play doesn’t fit the way we have excelled in game style.
They will always be slow, safe and just content.
Bytel …they let him have the ball all day which shows you what they thought of him in terms of what damage he can inflict with ball in hand.

Richards exposed form saw him dropped after a very quiet performance against the Hawks. Hasn’t played at any level since that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richards exposed form saw him dropped after a very quiet performance against the Hawks. Hasn’t played at any level since that game.
I understand what you’re saying but to leave a fresh player on the bench until the last 47 seconds…when you can see we are in need of fresh legs and such is our pattern all season in last qtrs ….I’m sorry that’s a coaching fail and Fly needs to take the L for that.

This team has become the opposite of what he preached when got the gig.
We don’t take corridor anymore.
We don’t excite
We are effectively boring to watch save for a handful of talents and are playing far too system based…we have gone too much the other way rather than embrace our strengths of flair and dare with some of the players we possess.

Can anyone imagine Pendlebury in a grand final calling Ned Long into a centre square bounce to win the game?
Because that’s what effectively we have. Ow become
It’s not to hang shit on one individual but the standard of player and players we are gifting games too in premium slots….it’s a huge coaching fail for me.

Meh, the umpire calls a 50m penalty in that last play …

… and we’d all be lauding Fly for us beating the top of the table team on their home deck. We’d be feeling confident about our last two games and our finals chances. We’d be lauding Fly for being able to keep our season on track despite our injury woes.

But no, a few line ball calls go against us, we lose the game, and people want to sink the boot into the coach of the reigning Premiers.

Next year will be a real test for him. He needs to turn things around pretty quickly or people will run out of patience.

Next year will be a test for Fly, and I’m looking forward to what he and his team of assistants (which may have some turnover) will do.

But as for running out of patience if we have a poor year - fickle flakey supporters might, but fortunately they don’t run the club.

Has been poor all year managing the sub.

A big wake up in 2024 to the ‘can’t do no wrong’ aura.

It makes sense to bring a sub on when we’re behind and want to mix things up to create chances. All the more so when the sub plays forward. And I’ve got no doubt we would have if we had been behind going into that last quarter.

It doesn’t make so much sense when we’re ahead trying to protect a lead.

A big wake up in 2024 to the ‘can’t do no wrong’ aura.

Have you listened to Fly’s pressers? He has never had a “can do no wrong” aura. Screw-ups happen all the time. Instead he embraces them and learns from them.

Meh, the umpire calls a 50m penalty in that last play …

… and we’d all be lauding Fly for us beating the top of the table team on their home deck. We’d be feeling confident about our last two games and our finals chances. We’d be lauding Fly for being able to keep our season on track despite our injury woes.

But no, a few line ball calls go against us, we lose the game, and people want to sink the boot into the coach of the reigning Premiers.
The concerns and questions stated don't go away even with a win. Would paper over the cracks a little but bringing a player on with 47 seconds left boggles the mind. They have let themselves down this year.

Have you listened to Fly’s pressers? He has never had a “can do no wrong” aura. Screw-ups happen all the time. Instead he embraces them and learns from them.
Problem is they clearly haven't been learning from their mistakes . I'm optimistic they'll clean it up in the off season but they have been very slow to respond to challenges all year.

The concerns and questions stated don't go away even with a win. Would paper over the cracks a little but bringing a player on with 47 seconds left boggles the mind. They have let themselves down this year.

We brought him on pretty much as soon as we lost the lead and needed to get it back? Doesn’t seem unreasonable?

Problem is they clearly haven't been learning from their mistakes . I'm optimistic they'll clean it up in the off season but they have been very slow to respond to challenges all year.

When you learn from mistakes, so does the opposition. And next week’s opposition will be different and bring a whole new set of challenges to overcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back