Craigys Presser

Remove this Banner Ad

That big gap can also be referred to as 5 points.

And playing 1 man down for more then half a game of footy in 30 degree conditions. I still believe that if Kinghta wasn't injured we would have beaten them, as the boys seemed to lose a lot of run with one less mid/forward but as Craigy said, there were a lot of inexcusable errors by our boys and we lost the game due to that.

Even so, it is absolute bullshit that a semi-final can be decided by an incorrect decision. It happened right infront of me and the only person that was pushed int he back was Otten who took the mark. Medhurst pushed him into it.

Your either kidding yourself or your blind as a bat. If you watch the replay he is CLEARLY held. Your own fellow supporters can see it so why cant you? I couldnt care less if it happened right in front of you, the 30,000 camera angles that you probably did NOT see, very clearly show that it was a free kick. Stop making excuses and putting the blame on the umpires, there were bad decisions that went both ways.

That big gap can also be referred to as 5 points.

Could've been 1000 for all it matters.

When it was on the line, they wanted it more - and they executed with much better skills. That's the gap - and that's the difference.

Craigy is the best coach in the afl, this man deserves a premiership more then anyone. The way he has turned this club around is quite remarkable, and the fact that before the season and even at the mid season mark everyone including our supporters didn't really think we were going to be a 'top 4' side, considering this is was still a 'rebuilding' year just goes to show what a class act NC and his team are (not just on field but off field as well, he's very gracious in defeat, and thinks things trough rather then get caught up in the moment) and I can't wait til next season!!!

Bring it on BOYS!!!!!!!!!

Best coach in the AFL. His finals record would suggest not. There are so many aspects to coaching an AFL side that not many that post here could probably determine how good he is at all facets of the role. But ultimately isnt a coach judged on the success he has in September. Now this post is NOT a smart @ss troll, I'm just curious how you can suggest he is the best coach in the AFL currently, I mean how many more years can he "rebuild" and get away with finals failures?

When it was on the line, they wanted it more - and they executed with much better skills. That's the gap - and that's the difference.
C'mon mate we're all pissed, and yes it was a shock for all to see us not have a nice lay down mizzare again this week, but really?

The third was hopeless, yes. The second we rued bad kicking. But we were able to regain the lead and turn the momentum against one of the hardest teams to do that against.

It wasn't peaches and cream, but it was hardly the apocalypses like some posts seem to reflect.

Best coach in the AFL. His finals record would suggest not. There are so many aspects to coaching an AFL side that not many that post here could probably determine how good he is at all facets of the role. But ultimately isnt a coach judged on the success he has in September. Now this post is NOT a smart @ss troll, I'm just curious how you can suggest he is the best coach in the AFL currently, I mean how many more years can he "rebuild" and get away with finals failures?
I'd say our rebuild will be complete when our 30+ players are gone and Dangerfield is about 22.

That's when it will be done.

He's completely ripped the ass out of a Ayres **** up of a list and along with great recruiting, we're on our way.

Did you think we were in the best 4 teams this year? If not, then this wasn't a failure.

What an absolute load of bollocks.

We lost it because we went into our comfort zone, having worked our backsides off in the first quarter. We took the pedal off the floor and let them back in.

When the game was there to be won or lost, in the final quarter, we showed just as much desperation & desire as they did.

The final margin was 5 points and that's what it deserved to be - there were periods of the game were we were completely dominant & periods of the game when they were. There were also times (the final quarter) where it was an absolute arm wrestle.

1000 points... what a load of utter codswallop.

I reckon he has as many years as Choco has

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the AFC, and I don't mean to be too negative, but for whatever reason Craigy has a terrible finals record in both the SANFL (coaching Norwood) and AFL.

Maybe the poor bugger has the number 13 tattooed on his neck??!!

15480398.jpg

I'm going to tread carefully here, but just wanted your thoughts on this.

Should it be paid consistently? Because both Presti and Rutten do it at least a half-dozen times a game (as do some other full-backs). I thought it was a very technical call at a time like that, especially when plenty were let go earlier (see Presti on Tippett for example in the first when the holding free was paid against Maxwell on Hentschel).

It seemed to me to be a bit of a square-up for the Tippett frees down the other end.

I'm going to tread carefully here, but just wanted your thoughts on this.

Should it be paid consistently? Because both Presti and Rutten do it at least a half-dozen times a game (as do some other full-backs). I thought it was a very technical call at a time like that, especially when plenty were let go earlier (see Presti on Tippett for example in the first when the holding free was paid against Maxwell on Hentschel).

It seemed to me to be a bit of a square-up for the Tippett frees down the other end.

It's pretty obvious that Truck gave away the free. The umpire made the right decision... Truck didn't!!

1000 points... what a load of utter codswallop.

:rolleyes:

1000 points, 5 points, 5 billion points. Who cares?

It doesn't matter.

A loss is a loss. Doesn't matter how much by, in what circumstance - or anything else.

It's a results business.

If the umpire sees it then he has to make the call.

EDIT: I'm happy for genuine frees to be missed if they have no influence on play, but this one did.

It's pretty obvious that Truck gave away the free. The umpire made the right decision... Truck didn't!!

OK, that's my general feeling as well...I just feel a ton of those are just let go every week, it's kind of a pet peeve of mine (and as I said, Presti is one of the worst in this regard). Would be nice to see umps actually pay those consistently rather than trivial high contact or soft in the back calls.

Anyways, won't hang around any longer than I need to. Genuine commiserations, you can rest assured Collingwood fans know the feeling. Best of luck next season.

I was actually interested in that comment. until i read the bit about Tippetts square up...

Just to answer this; I'm not going to comment on here whether I think Tippet's frees were correct or not. Not the time or the place.

All I was saying is that I think the umps often feel the need to square things up when the frees they pay result in goals for one particular team. It's not a good thing.

What was his explantation for going into flood mode. As soon as we stopped playing attacking we lost.

It was so OBVIOUS. we stopped playing on, we lost all momentum and we let collingwood do all the attacking.

I just feel like shit because we were the much better team. Bloody hell.

I don't think the coaches had that much bearing on the game in terms of winning losing it. I think they both would come out even. Perhaps Matlhouse's half time talk may have made the difference but I think the major thing was our pressure that was poor in the 1st quarter and better in the 2nd quarter was starting to get rewarded with free kicks and turnovers in the 3rd quarter which meant your players went into their shells.

It's EXACLTY what happened to us in the 1st half. Both teams had the same gameplan all game, the only difference was momentum. When Adelaide were up and running they were running off their men. Collingwood got a run on and they were staying back too much and not taking that risk of running on because it wasn't being rewarded.

I suppose the only notable gameplan difference was once we were on top we played this weird zone defence from the kick ins to turn the screws on you guys. Everyone pushed up the ground and spread out, we let a few guys get loose on the wings near your half forward flank and we leaked a goal from it but it really helped us rattle you guys.

What bothered me was the FEAR. I could see it in player's eyes. As somebody else stated, the Crows didn't believe they could win it.

Losing is one thing, but when you get found out for being AFRAID, then that's a much much more serious problem. Guys that have fear like that just don't win big games.

Look at Chris Webber's career in the NBA, the guy is a monster all season, yet when the big games are on the line he doesn't want the ball and you can see the fear in his eyes. Result = zero championships.

Our boys need to take a hard look at themselves and why they lack confidence and self-belief against the top sides.

THAT is what is so frustrating.

Another example (on the flip side) is a guy like Ben Roethlisberger from the Pittsburgh Steelers.

First game of the season against the Titans, who had beaten the Steelers 3 times last season. In the 4th quarter scores are tied, Tennesee with the ball. Big Ben tells his defensive players "if you get me the ball back, I will win this game."

THAT is what the Crows are missing. They just have no swagger whatsoever.

SHOW SOME SACK NEXT TIME BOYS!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Craigys Presser

Remove this Banner Ad

Back