Crawford lauds Stevens

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to read an article on the now retiring Shane Crawford in the Sunday Herald Sun. He is asked his favourite opponents and only mentions two. Robert Harvey and Anthony Stevens.

Crawf is such a gun, I'm glad his last game will be a winning premiership. He's just one of those blokes who deserves it.

Yeah I've got nothing but respect for the man, even taking into account his cheap shot on Harris in that final.

It's funny that many North Melbourne supporters don't like the hawks and some don't like Shane Crawford.
Those that don't realise that Anthony Stevens and his family are very close friends with Shane Crawford and his family.

Hopefully he now becomes a regular on the Footy Show now- very funny with Sam.

The only thing that would've equalled or surpassed this fairytale ending would've been a Saints flag for Harvey. Gun bloke, it seems.

Filthy tribunal record, absolute coward sniper against that Harris that time, pathetic attempt at attention with that 'Crawford Exposed' thing a few years ago.. But... well... Gun bloke.... :confused: I dont know how or why, but he is!

Crawf is such a gun, I'm glad his last game will be a winning premiership. He's just one of those blokes who deserves it.

I agree. He just seems such a good person, dad the whole lot.. Seeing a tear in his eye on TFS when his son made a tribute to him for his 300th was great to watch.

Great player to, well dont crawf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth chasing as an assistant coach?

I think so. Certainly has lots to offer any club in terms of preparation and fitness.

He won't be available in '09 or '10. Eddie will lock him in to Channel 9 for two years and explore what he can really do. TFS is a given. Getaway and Postcards will give him a bigger playground. It might be hard to drag him away if he finds his niche.

I think so. Certainly has lots to offer any club in terms of preparation and fitness.

He won't be available in '09 or '10. Eddie will lock him in to Channel 9 for two years and explore what he can really do. TFS is a given. Getaway and Postcards will give him a bigger playground. It might be hard to drag him away if he finds his niche.
Meh, I'm not sure they're as restrictive as you'd think. Most of those type of commitments are a few hours out of a week, TFS, WWOS, etc.

Coaching likewise, is a few hours out of a week. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Despite this comment, always had time for Crawford even though he wasted his time on that rubbish TFS.
Yeah he wasted his time on that rubbish Footy Show building a bigger profile and making some Pat Cash. Wasted his time indeed. What was he thinking????

Yeah he wasted his time on that rubbish Footy Show building a bigger profile and making some Pat Cash. Wasted his time indeed. What was he thinking????

Yeah you're right. Wasted a decade of his life playing footy, should have done TFS full time making his 'profile' even bigger. What was he thinking????

TFS made him look like a ****wit! A great player who thought acting like a tool with sam was entertaining... so far off being funny.

I'll never forget him and Dermie trying to be serious after Scwhabby got the arse... i'd have been embarassed if i was a Hawks fan. It really tainted two great players.

I seem to be the odd one out here, I was never a fan of his, he came across as a saint and a pretty-boy off the field, but as a cheap and nasty gutter-snipe on the field, which I thought was a shame, because he was a genuine talent.
Would have prefered to see St. Kilda win for Harvey, I don't think there has been anyone more deserving them him.

TFS made him look like a ****wit! A great player who thought acting like a tool with sam was entertaining... so far off being funny.

I'll never forget him and Dermie trying to be serious after Scwhabby got the arse... i'd have been embarassed if i was a Hawks fan. It really tainted two great players.

them on the footy show during our dark days is the reason so many fans stayed on board. crawfs antics gave us a laugh about footy when many of us wouldnt (at footy).

we know the player he really was, and the players and coach's around him did also. just because he was made to look stupid off field doesnt mean he was.

every hawk fan knows that crawf walked over 10km each day to training, everyone knows he was first on the field, last off etc...

I seem to be the odd one out here, I was never a fan of his, he came across as a saint and a pretty-boy off the field, but as a cheap and nasty gutter-snipe on the field, which I thought was a shame, because he was a genuine talent.
Would have prefered to see St. Kilda win for Harvey, I don't think there has been anyone more deserving them him.

and archer looked the exact same way. the difference is, Archer was seen as a "tough guy" when he could of easily been seen as a thug. there was little difference between him and pickett in terms of "toughness"

why is harvey more deserving? it frustrates me when people say crap like that. Crawford was just as, if not more deserving. people say Harvey carried the saints, but the saints always had a decent midfield, decent forward line, just couldnt click, from 1997 through to 2004 hawthorn had crawford and thats it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crawford lauds Stevens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back