Workshop Create a Random AFL Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Smashing.jpg

A little Swans idea I had
swansfooty12.png

the swan logo is something I came up with about 5-6 years ago. Main jumper is unchanged, I probably shoulda made the clash white, but sue me, I was a bit bored with white, and the one-off (which would've made a better clash than the black one, admittedly) is essentially the old Bloodstained Angels jumper with an Opera House numberplate, which was inspired by my favorite basketball uniform of all time, the San Francisco Warriors' "The City" uniform, which had the back numbers within a cable car.
So much to like about this.
The number panel would be unique in footy.
The swan is aggressive enough, though maybe a little 80s mascot-ish.
The only thing I don't like is the Black and Red idea.
Sydney's strip is Red enough that White could be the main Clash colour, even if that meant the BSA had White shorts and was the Away/Clash.

My proposed Clash jumper is blending the Player Name concept and lightening the Carlton jumper, with creating something the supporters might buy.
Carlton-Clash-Proposed.gif

And every year you can update it with the latest list of players who have debuted during that season, thus generating revenue from year to year.
Carlton-Proposed-Uniform.gif

Yeah Mero, I'd had second thoughts on the clash shortly after I put it out...not exactly "damn, even I think this is hideous" thoughts, but more like "looks way too much like Essendon for comfort" thoughts. Probably shoulda just gone with the BSA w/white shorts as the clash and been done wit it.

Yeah Mero, I'd had second thoughts on the clash shortly after I put it out...not exactly "damn, even I think this is hideous" thoughts, but more like "looks way too much like Essendon for comfort" thoughts. Probably shoulda just gone with the BSA w/white shorts as the clash and been done wit it.
Can you whip one of those up?
Even better, could you make the socks the reverse of the Home as well?
So it's White shorts and the White socks with Red hoops.
And why is there a SMFC at the top of the sash? Just seemed an odd place to have it.

This Is My Western Bulldogs Pre-Season Jumper What Do You Think
2013preseasonjumper.png

Looks good but the number needs to be clearer. Probably make it bolder or something. But its a great looking kit :) Keep up the good work :thumbsu:

Can you whip one of those up?
Even better, could you make the socks the reverse of the Home as well?
So it's White shorts and the White socks with Red hoops.
And why is there a SMFC at the top of the sash? Just seemed an odd place to have it.

Not at the moment, mainly cus I'd been spending most of the night on this Hawthorn set...but like I said, I wanna redo Sydney anyway. And on the SMFC, maybe I could move it to the back of the collar, but atop the sash seemed as good a place as any to place it, if only to get people to scratch their heads wondering what the hell I'm on :D anyways, here goes Hawthorn
hawthorn12.png

The preseason jumper was originally gonna be completely different from what I ended up with (would've been a different take on the traditional stripes), but at the end I recalled that one blue heritage jumper with the braces, and decided to make a gold version of that. The home jumper looks unchanged at first glance, but it aint three brown stripes, but four gold as I wanted to try out a brown back. The clash was also ripped from the archives, with subtle diamonds on there for the hell of it.

dalhaus: that would be brilliant to see...but as mentioned, no one would be able to clearly see the number from a distance.

Dahlhaus, as long as there is no gradient in the design (not sure if design or added graphic) it looks great :thumbsu:
Sorry Discrim, not a fan of any of them. In my honest opinion: Their home the way they have it already is perfect, no need to change. The clash is alright, just the watermark isn't great. And I'm just not a fan of the preseason. Sorry...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dahlhaus, as long as there is no gradient in the design (not sure if design or added graphic) it looks great :thumbsu:
Sorry Discrim, not a fan of any of them. In my honest opinion: Their home the way they have it already is perfect, no need to change. The clash is alright, just the watermark isn't great. And I'm just not a fan of the preseason. Sorry...

The gradient is just to add to add a bit of depth not part of the actual design, thanks mate

A few designs from a long abandoned NFL-crossover idea I had:

Vj6ry.png
I'm very happy with the colourway and identity of GWS Giants. I don't mind their jumper, either. But after seeing this, man, I would've loved to see navy replace the charcoal. The colours compliment each other extremely well and the navy makes the colourway stand out even more.

They could've had the strip exactly as you had yours. But I love the marketing potential of the big 'G', so instead of your bronco/horse/unpointy-unicorn, you could've had a 'G', but in the middle.

If there's one complaint I have, it's the sock pattern. I find different sized hoops make the players legs look shorter and wider. I'd retain some of the 'major' colour, so have all orange socks with a white and navy turnover.

Discrim, I really am impressed with the creativity in your designs but the Hawks clash and pre season are much to complicated, the watermarks make them look very cluttered.

Eh well, can't please everybody. It'd be more subtle in reality than here, but as the old saying goes, there's one word on BigFooty that says it all, and that word is you never know.
Mr. Zero: yeah, I tend to get that a lot no matter what sport I do. Oxymoronically, I'm reliably hit-or-miss. I could rattle off the odder concepts I've put out over the years, but then we'd need a new thread way too early.

Mero...just now occurred to me to ask: how long did that Carlton clash take you? Cus I know my patience comes and goes, and I wouldn't exactly count on having enough of it to put on everybody and their mama's names on there. BTW I'll post my Swans update in a few hours, gotta take care of a few things first though.

Carlton's a tough clash design to do well and originally. Thought I'd give it a crack, end result's maybe a touch busier than I'd hoped, but it looked a bit empty without the writing and it's late so what are you gonna do.

Carlton1copy.png
this without the word 'carlton' on the stripe would look awesome.

I'm very happy with the colourway and identity of GWS Giants. I don't mind their jumper, either. But after seeing this, man, I would've loved to see navy replace the charcoal. The colours compliment each other extremely well and the navy makes the colourway stand out even more.

They could've had the strip exactly as you had yours. But I love the marketing potential of the big 'G', so instead of your bronco/horse/unpointy-unicorn, you could've had a 'G', but in the middle.

If there's one complaint I have, it's the sock pattern. I find different sized hoops make the players legs look shorter and wider. I'd retain some of the 'major' colour, so have all orange socks with a white and navy turnover.

For this post:

4iK0T.png

Eh well, can't please everybody. It'd be more subtle in reality than here, but as the old saying goes, there's one word on BigFooty that says it all, and that word is you never know.
Mr. Zero: yeah, I tend to get that a lot no matter what sport I do. Oxymoronically, I'm reliably hit-or-miss. I could rattle off the odder concepts I've put out over the years, but then we'd need a new thread way too early.

Mero...just now occurred to me to ask: how long did that Carlton clash take you? Cus I know my patience comes and goes, and I wouldn't exactly count on having enough of it to put on everybody and their mama's names on there. BTW I'll post my Swans update in a few hours, gotta take care of a few things first though.
Went to http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/alltime/carlton.html and got the list of all their players.
I have an Excel spreadsheet that rips names out of odd formats, so I washed it through that process, then in Excel converted it to capitals.
In Illustrator I pasted it over the Carlton Clash jumper template.
Then I just pressed End Delete to make the names appear next to each other instead of one on top of the other.
All up it took about 15 minutes.

As promised, Swans update
swansfooty12-1.png

Only tweak I made to the BSA jumper aside from making it the clash was moving the SMFC from the top of the sash front to the opera house panel. It'd be in an unusual spot regardless...the previous clash design goes from the ill-advised black affair to white and becomes the preseason jumper. Yeh, that black clash has been filed away as one of my dumber ideas.

Port Adelaide
portfooty12.png

Yeah...I'll be honest, I like what they're wearing now, and I'd created an earlier version of this so-called electric magpie back when they were in their old jumpers. That said, lightning bolts are an element that can be done far better than Port used to do it. The home is a take on the prison bars, and I figure teal on black should be different enough from Collingwood to stave off their whining and moaning. The clash...well, I'll be honest, I'm not much of a soccer fan, and following German teams is too troublesome, so I always get Bayer and Bayern mixed up. One of em wore a similar V on its clash shirt IIRC, and I figured it'd work for Port. The one-off is a Port Magpies heritage jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Create a Random AFL Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back