Cricket Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

all 3 teams could still make the SF.

Bangers 9/105, 17.4 overs 8 balls left, 9 to get, and were in front on DL but that last ball they fell behind by 3 runs, when they last their 9th wicket and now rain has stopped play.

Congratulations to the Afghans. Absolutely deserved it and Im very glad it wasnt determined by rain or DLS. Simply, the best team won in the end.

We regroup, but I want to see them win the whole thing now.
Yep - nobody condones how women are treated over there, but putting all that aside, an Afghani World Cup win would be great for world cricket. On the other hand, their opponents in South Africa have never made a final, so maybe they can break their drought this time.

They're the only 2 scenarios I'm interested in, because I hate the Poms and Indians!!!!!

Excellent article about Rashid off ESPN.
Happy to see Afghanistan progress as he is my favourite cricketer to watch in any format nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular opinion - I'm delighted for Afghanistan: even at Australia's expense.
I was barracking for them. They never get to play at home.

Australian fielding their last 2 games was what you would expect from a minnow nation.

T20 is the game to take cricket to the world. Maybe by 2040 the T20 WC will have 32 nations

Shame how it ends. The pride of making a semi-final doesn't feel the same when you get rolled like that. Would have liked to see a contest even if RSA was always likely to win.

Now if one of RSA or India can knockout England I'll be happy enough.
I'm a one eyed South African for the rest of the financial year :).

Love RSA but at the end of the day it was the Indians that delivered the deathblow to the ****ing poms so Ill be happy if they win too.

Lets just hope its a worthy final and not a 60 run chase like the RSA Afghan game
The Proteas are bowling unbelievably well - it should be an epic final.

It should be a good wicket at Bridgetown as Australia made 201 there against England. Some of the wickets in this World Cup have been diabolical. I am going by press reports of course as I have not seen a ball live.

Not sure I want either side to win but South Africa have been chokers for years and as usual the Indians are certain they will win. I will lean toward South Africa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cricket Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back