Cricket Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

It should be a good wicket at Bridgetown as Australia made 201 there against England. Some of the wickets in this World Cup have been diabolical. I am going by press reports of course as I have not seen a ball live.

Not sure I want either side to win but South Africa have been chokers for years and as usual the Indians are certain they will win. I will lean toward South Africa.
Maybe another World Cup final loss will dent India's confidence slightly, ahead of their Australian tour???

**** India. They've got the best lineup, but absolute rubbish knowing where they'd be playing the semi final. And playing the rest of their games during the day because of their TV audience.

All the money in the game, tournaments geared towards them, double the population than the rest of the countries combined and they've still done **** all. Long may it continue.

For me this has really been a phantom event. Have not seen a ball bowled live so zero real interest. The ICC and CA buckled in the face of the big dollars and as a result the average punter missed out. This is a worrying development...

I am stuffed if I am going to line Jeff Bezos' pockets while I watch the cricket.

As I've said many times I'm not a huge T20 fan....but tonight I'm a South African fan.

Edit....and yet again they've choked!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
If a World Cup is played on pay for view and most people don't see it, did it really happen?

So I guess it's over?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shit I thought Amazon Prime got the world wide rights for ICC for 4 years, but its only for the Oz rights. Under the Broadcasting section of the wiki page for the 2024 T20 WC you see in most nations the normal broadcasters, mainly pay tv broadcasters, have the rights in those nations.

This article from Cricket Oz in December, when Amazon Prime won the rights explains it all and ends with this summary;

Cricket's broadcast jungle: Where to watch

• Australian men's Tests and all women's internationals on home soil: Seven, Fox Cricket, Kayo
  • Australian men's limited-overs internationals on home soil: Fox Cricket, Kayo
  • ICC events (male and female): Amazon Prime
  • Men's Ashes tours in 2027 and 2031: Nine Network
  • Other Australian men's internationals on foreign soil: Fox Cricket, Kayo
  • Women's internationals on foreign soil: Fox Cricket, Kayo
  • KFC BBL and Weber WBBL: Seven, Fox Cricket, Kayo
  • Marsh Sheffield Shield, Marsh One-Day Cup and Women's National Cricket League: CA Live app and cricket.com.au (select games, including Shield final, on Fox Cricket and Kayo)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back