Cricket Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Jimmy Anderson never had it all his own way against Australia as he took 117 of his 704 wickets in 39 Tests against us at an average of 35.97 which are hardly startling figures. Taking 704 Test wickets is certainly a noteworthy achievement but Jimmy played until almost 42 to achieve it. I'd have Glen McGrath in my side anyday.

Jimmy Anderson never had it all his own way against Australia as he took 117 of his 704 wickets in 39 Tests against us at an average of 35.97 which are hardly startling figures. Taking 704 Test wickets is certainly a noteworthy achievement but Jimmy played until almost 42 to achieve it. I'd have Glen McGrath in my side anyday.
Plus he played 64 less Tests than Jimmy, but still managed 563 wickets- he was one in a million our Glenn!!!!!

Definitely a better Bowler under English conditions, not so potent in Australia.
McGrath was a better bowler for sure.

Shamar Joseph is a human higjlights reel.

Pity his team mates couldn't find inspiration from it. Chasing 385 to win, they were doing OK at 0 for 61. But they then lost 10 for 82, to hand victory to England by 241 runs.

The people sitting in front of the pavilion were extremely lucky. Those were large fragments of tile that fell into the crowd. Maybe it is time to replace the roof? Provided it is not heritage listed of course.

England knocked the Windies over for 143 in their second innings to record an easy win. The Windies batting is as brittle as Trent Bridge roof tiles.

AFL players’ chief Paul Marsh is working alongside a FIFA expert to help build an alternative calendar and financial model for international cricket amid global concerns about the future of Test matches beyond 2027. He has been joined by former FIFA regulatory expert James Kitching as part of a panel to devise a new schedule for international matches, most likely involving multiple calendar windows for international games that would sit alongside the burgeoning Twenty20 franchise circuit. The group has been put together by the World Cricketers’ Association, formerly known as FICA, and had its first meeting late last week following a summit on the future of cricket at Lord’s that was attended by Cricket Australia chair Mike Baird and his ECB opposite number Richard Thompson.

I hadn't really been following the MLC but "Washington Freedom 207 for 5 (Smith 88, Maxwell 40) beat San Francisco Unicorns 111 (Ravindra 3-23, Jansen 3-28) by 96 runs"

Looking at some of the teams, talent depth wasn't far off any other league. Only a smattering of US players, most of whom were born in cricketing nations to begin with and played in junior/development teams of their native country.

Of the Redbacks and Strikers:
  • Travis Head averaged 48 at a strike rate of 148 and included five consecutive scores of 50+.
  • Matt Short 34 at SR 180, highest score of 94.
  • Jake Fraser-McGurk 11 at SR 126, highest score 18, twice. Gushes from the likes of Whately strangely unheard.
  • Rashid Khan did well with both bat (avg 40!) and ball, obviously.

Cricket Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back