Test Cricket Draft 1970-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

• No more than 2 players for any given country
  • Debut AFTER 1970
  • Must select one player from each decade with at least 10 matches played (Exception if debut is in the 2020s)
  • Must pick a team to suit the ground
  • Players must not have played in the same team
  • Must choose at least one player from all of the following countries
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • England
    • Pakistan
    • India
    • Sri Lanka
    • West Indies
    • South Africa
    • Zimbabwe
    • Bangladesh
From 7 am to 11pm you have 8 hours to select a player. If you miss you can make up later.
If you know you're going to be busy please send a pick to someone who's behind you, or myself and I won't read it unless I have to.
If you do come online, please submit your pick before leaving so we can keep the game rolling.

Last edited:
In.

I think the best constraint that you must pick 1 from every test country up to Bangladesh and one from either Ireland or Afghanistan.
I'm happy with this. not sure on the ireland and afghanistan. I wouldn't know a single player

1722944845181.png

Hence the challenge. Not that hard to look up though
Agree about the challenge. But I think it's pretty tough already. You're only going to get one of the Australian players in that golden era. It's going to be rather challenging to work out how you order things and who gets your first pick. I think surely you have to pick the best possible player from the start. Whether that be batter specific to the ground, or bowler. Then you've got to address the keeper with limited opportunities.

I pick Gavin Ewing from International Cricket Captain 2006 as my Zimbabwe player.
not sure if there's something I should get here, but slow down, we haven't started yet haha

What's the order?

Also, I have no in depth knowledge to play but happy to piggy back off someone.
I will randomize it once I get all names confirmed. I think we have enough now. Any more and it's going to take forever.

Just follow the rules regarding to the picks.

So if you get #1 and pick Shane Warne, you can't pick any other Australian player that played test cricket with him.

I will randomize it once I get all names confirmed. I think we have enough now. Any more and it's going to take forever.

Just follow the rules regarding to the picks.

So if you get #1 and pick Shane Warne, you can't pick any other Australian player that played test cricket with him.

OOOOF!

That's tight as.

So could you pick an Aussie from, say, 1980-1993 and then, another from, say, 1997-2009?

OOOOF!

That's tight as.

So could you pick an Aussie from, say, 1980-1993 and then, another from, say, 1997-2009?
Yes, but 2 per country max. Otherwise you're going to load up on Warne, McGrath aren't you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In.

I think the best constraint that you must pick 1 from every test country up to Bangladesh and one from either Ireland or Afghanistan.
tried something similar with GWS/GCS late 2010s and it didn't work as everyone just picked those guys first to get the pick of a limited resource. I think Ireland and Afghanistan would be the same. There'd be a lot of shit selected.

I'd have them left out.
Can I get a final confirmation and I can make a start on the ordering

reggie
Art Vandelay_
Piggy Smalls
Plugger35
Soggy2112
car sliding GIF

tried something similar with GWS/GCS late 2010s and it didn't work as everyone just picked those guys first to get the pick of a limited resource. I think Ireland and Afghanistan would be the same. There'd be a lot of shit selected.

I'd have them left out.

car sliding GIF
Yeah, I took them out of the requirements. It's optional

Remove this Banner Ad

Test Cricket Draft 1970-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back